Its funny....   this offseason was probably the most brutal i've seen in the "who is the best TE in the NFL today debate".  The media on their lists all seem to have Kittle, Waller, Andrews, Hockenson and i'm sure other all ended up at one point or another above Kelce in someone's rankings.  Lets take a look at where we stand now:

TDs - Kelce Ranks #1 with 11, six more than any other TE

Receptions - Kelce Ranks #1 with 69, 21 more than another other TE

Yards - Kelce Ranks #1 with 855, 304 more than any other TE

The best ability a player can have is availability.  Travis separates himself there as well. 

Hopefully people show this man the respect he deserves....   I mean, lets face it.  Kelce is so good that people for the first time in probably 15-20 years had to start talking about blocking ability to try to discredit him.  People literally trying to come up with anything....     

1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

Its funny....   this offseason was probably the most brutal i've seen in the "who is the best TE in the NFL today debate".  The media on their lists all seem to have Kittle, Waller, Andrews, Hockenson and i'm sure other all ended up at one point or another above Kelce in someone's rankings.  Lets take a look at where we stand now:

The best ability a player can have is availability.  Travis separates himself there as well. 

Hopefully people show this man the respect he deserves....   I mean, lets face it.  Kelce is so good that people for the first time in probably 15-20 years had to start talking about blocking ability to try to discredit him.  People literally trying to come up with anything....     

Wish we could have traded for hockenson though. Him coming in and being the next TE up would have been awesome I'm the next few years.

5 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

bang on! 
chiefs really need to find the next one and get him groomed by kelce. Not sure if grey is the answer. Forston a bit of a hybrid. 

9 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

These are amazing stats. People need to STFU when comparing others to Kelce & Mahomes. 

26 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

bang on! 
chiefs really need to find the next one and get him groomed by kelce. Not sure if grey is the answer. Forston a bit of a hybrid. 

So lets say Gray or Forston are next? Seems they will leave for a bigger role and contract before Kelce retires?  So when do you really decide to get a replacement? I think Kelce could be playing as long as Gonzales.

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Tight ends have always been big ass receivers. Kelce just revolutionized the position. He can still line up tight and block. We just don't run. 

yes and my point is we need a TE that we can groom that can be the next kelce/ gonzo type that threatens a defence like these two have / did. 
plus formations and having the flexibility as we do now with kelce. 
Obviously there will never be another gonzo or kelce but I think we understand what I’m trying to say. 

12 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Tight ends have always been big ass receivers. Kelce just revolutionized the position. He can still line up tight and block. We just don't run. 

I know he can line up and block, but if he's wide in 95 percent of snaps at what point do you call him a receiver. Tyreek hill occasionally lines up in the backfield.  And he's very capable.  Doesn't make him a back.

32 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I know he can line up and block, but if he's wide in 95 percent of snaps at what point do you call him a receiver. Tyreek hill occasionally lines up in the backfield.  And he's very capable.  Doesn't make him a back.

I think we should ban the use of that name on this board.  Just like the kicker that shall not be mentioned (Elliot) we should also have the receiver that shall not be mentioned ( Hill).