16 minutes ago, mex said:

They could call him Mahatma Ghandi for all I care...

...long as he keeps blowing up man, double, and zone coverage.  

Kelce shakes off every coverage scheme and excels regardless of the opponent. It just doesn't matter how he's covered or by who, he gets open.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I think what makes Kelce so dangerous is his ability to run after the catch. He could always catch, but these last few years he's really stepped up the way he is in the open field.  

And his ability to find the open area.  Collinsworth mentioned it last night that he reads defenses better than some QBs 

Just out curiosity i wanted to see where the Mahomes to Kelce connection ranked in QB to receiver combos for TDs.   Kelley to Reed was 10 with 71.  Mahomes to kelce has 58.  They won't get there this year but probably sometime next.  3 different ones tied for 7 8 n 9 at 76 then big ben to Brown  with 78.  Possibly by the end of next year that 6th slot might be attainable.    5 will depend on how long Kelce plays and how healthy he remains but it's Rivers/gates at 90.   Would love to see them pass Brady to Gronk but doubt that happens at 105.  

The West in general has been the TE division.  Kelce Gonzo Sharpe Gates and Winslow.  

2 hours ago, xen said:

Tony G had a 4 year head start on Travis.  Gonna be tough for him to catch up.  Tony was 21 his rookie year.  Trav was 24 and missed his rookie year.  Kinda weird to think Trav turned 25 the year he got his first catch.

He should finish about 10,500 this year if we get a couple of playoff wins. This being his 10th year, he's averaging a little over 1050 yds a season. He would need to continue this same pace for another 4.25 seasons... then he'd be there.  TG played what... 17 seasons?  It's well within his grasp long as he stays healthy.

Staying healthy is everything... keeping this pace is difficult.  But if he can go 15 or 16 seasons, he'll git r done.

Let's hope he can keep healthy and push the record. He'll own all the other records for damned sure... might as well own that one too.

13 hours ago, mex said:

He should finish about 10,500 this year if we get a couple of playoff wins. This being his 10th year, he's averaging a little over 1050 yds a season. He would need to continue this same pace for another 4.25 seasons... then he'd be there.  TG played what... 17 seasons?  It's well within his grasp long as he stays healthy.

Staying healthy is everything... keeping this pace is difficult.  But if he can go 15 or 16 seasons, he'll git r done.

Let's hope he can keep healthy and push the record. He'll own all the other records for damned sure... might as well own that one too.

Hell Yes!  Tony was great, Travis is Greater!

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not sure. It would be interesting to see TG in the Reid/Mahomes offense.  Probably about 1500yds./yr. 

1500/yr is a bit of a stretch. TG didn't have the ability to read defenses like Kelce, did he? Also, not sure he would have that same unconscious ability to know what mahomes is thinking either. 

13 minutes ago, mex said:

1500/yr is a bit of a stretch. TG didn't have the ability to read defenses like Kelce, did he? Also, not sure he would have that same unconscious ability to know what mahomes is thinking either. 

Yeah, that would be a lot, but Kelce had over 1400 yds. one year and TG had a couple over 1200.  I think Mahomes would have had no problem finding an open TG.  Chiefs' fans are just lucky to have seen two of the great ones.  

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, that would be a lot, but Kelce had over 1400 yds. one year and TG had a couple over 1200.  I think Mahomes would have had no problem finding an open TG.  Chiefs' fans are just lucky to have seen two of the great ones.  

wouldn't it be great to have 2 HOF Tight Ends from Chiefs,  I may be wrong but to my knowledge that would be a 1st!  

I don't ever remember TG having the YAC like Kelce.  It has been a long time so I might be misremembering but Tony was clutch but he was also the only threat for a lot of years year and got force fed the ball.  Seems like he loved to post dudes up for catches were Kelce ran more intricate routes.  Again I could be wrong but its how I remember it.  

18 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

wouldn't it be great to have 2 HOF Tight Ends from Chiefs,  I may be wrong but to my knowledge that would be a 1st!  

Chargers will have a shot at it with Kellen Winslow already being in and Antonio Gates eligible in 2024.  

Even Gates gets in KCs. 2 are better.