Lucas Niang

Niang being activated this week? How soon until he replaces Wylie? 

I’d like to see Niang take over the RT spot this year. Then next off-season train to be the LT. He is an elite pass protector. Then see it Kinnard can be the RT. But obviously draft a guy to compete with either one. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/11/21/23471735/chiefs-offensive-lineman-lucas-niang-likely-to-be-activated-this-week

18 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Reid is gonna Reid. For all the things he does well there's a few that are right in front of him that he just can't see. I honestly think he believes Andrew Wylie is a good football player.

Wylie is going to start for us all year, and he's gonna give up critical pressures and sacks all year. It's fucking neglect. We have one of the best football players that's ever set foot on the gridiron and Reid insists on having one of his tackles being a guy who doesn't belong on an an NFL roster. 

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

has Naing even played a meaningful # of snaps in 3 years? What makes anyone think he's an up grade and yes I realize that sets the bar very low?

Started 9 games last year played in 12 with over 500 snaps.  I know coaches comments have too be taken with a huge grain of salt but the way Reid talked he is going to running with the 2nd team for a bit.  

I dunno if they still see Niang as a starter or not at least for this year.  I thought Prince did a better job than Wylie but they went back to Wylie when he was ready instead of giving the kid a chance.  

6 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Started 9 games last year played in 12 with over 500 snaps.  I know coaches comments have too be taken with a huge grain of salt but the way Reid talked he is going to running with the 2nd team for a bit.  

I dunno if they still see Niang as a starter or not at least for this year.  I thought Prince did a better job than Wylie but they went back to Wylie when he was ready instead of giving the kid a chance.  

funny  I never noticed lol. Thanx for that info. Seems RT has been a glaring weakness since Mitchell got hurt.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:07 PM, DieHard said:

I thought Prince looked good. Don’t see Niang as a huge upgrade, but T depth is no joke. Glad to get Niang back in the mix.

Prince had some good and bad snaps.  Some were pretty bad but just not noticed due to play results.  Not sure how much of an upgrade he is.