3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs won't wait that long to negotiate extensions.  Expect at least one to be signed this year. 

I hope they give key players a deadline well before the final NFL Date. No more Hill & Brown delays that screw up free agency and the draft. Chiefs need to know their cap situation well in advance.

39 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Man, Justin Reid needs to STFU. Calling out the Bengals WRs?  Number 1, we don’t give the other team motivation and…. Bro, you got 0 INTs and tied for 10th in passes defensed with 2. You tied with Fenton who got cut. Just focus on playing better.

Yep.

Reid and Thornhill have both been underwhelming this year.  I was excited when we signed Reid, and he is an upgrade over what we had last year but neither have been great.   Last thing we needed to do was give the Bengals bulletin board material.  

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Reid and Thornhill have both been underwhelming this year.  I was excited when we signed Reid, and he is an upgrade over what we had last year but neither have been great.   Last thing we needed to do was give the Bengals bulletin board material.  

Safety is the third priority for the next off season.  Maybe fourth if JuJu doesn't get extended. 

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep. I mentioned in another post he better be ballin and playing through the whistle. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/2/23488697/arrowheadlines-pass-coverage-named-the-chiefs-biggest-weakness

Arrowheadlines: Pass coverage named the Chiefs’ biggest weakness

Teams have been able to move the ball on Kansas City. When the Chris Jones-led pass rush doesn’t get home, Steve Spagnuolo’s defense allows an 81.6 QBR to opposing passers. That’s the worst mark in football. The good news for the Chiefs is that they pressure quarterbacks at the third-highest rate, which has prevented teams from exploiting their secondary. If they do get upset in January, I would expect it to come in a game in which the pass rush has a quiet day.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/2/23488697/arrowheadlines-pass-coverage-named-the-chiefs-biggest-weakness

Teams have been able to move the ball on Kansas City. When the Chris Jones-led pass rush doesn’t get home, Steve Spagnuolo’s defense allows an 81.6 QBR to opposing passers. That’s the worst mark in football. The good news for the Chiefs is that they pressure quarterbacks at the third-highest rate, which has prevented teams from exploiting their secondary. If they do get upset in January, I would expect it to come in a game in which the pass rush has a quiet day.

Yup...This^^^, is a problem that I hope Spags can cover up for at least this game.

Spags really can't take a lot of chances blitzing because burrow will stand in there till the last minute and chuck a "back shoulder" (50/50 jump ball) to Chase every time. 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, DieHard said:

Man, Justin Reid needs to STFU. Calling out the Bengals WRs?  Number 1, we don’t give the other team motivation and…. Bro, you got 0 INTs and tied for 10th in passes defensed with 2. You tied with Fenton who got cut. Just focus on playing better.

He wasn’t here last year when Chase lit us up. Yeah, he needs to be quiet. Notice no one else in the secondary is saying anything , LOL.

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the bigger story is that a bunch of rookeries at CB are competing with the best of the best. When the veteran is Snead who is still developing, that is a sick group of ballers that are only going to get better.

Chiefs are going to rise to the occasion.

I think there is a lot of hunger for some of these newer guys.

I don’t think Andy or pat are going to over hype a single game in the regular season, but if there was a Super Bowl regular season game. it’s this one… 

they will be ready win lose or draw 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I think the bigger story is that a bunch of rookeries at CB are competing with the best of the best. When the veteran is Snead who is still developing, that is a sick group of ballers that are only going to get better.

Snead, Fenton Ward, Hughes or Snead, McDuffie, Williams, Watson.  Which group of CBs would you trust more to compete with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd?  Me, too. 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:29 AM, Lamardirts said:

I take this back to some degree.   Is abundantly clear Veach gets players his coaches want.  Spags wanted HB and Veach got him HB.   Last year he played Neimann and Sorensen over more talented players. Why? He values intelligence to even at the expense of talent.  Justin Reid is an intelligent football player but I haven't seen much this year that screams anything other than an average safety.   I know we needed a safety after HB departed but maybe Veach went out and go a guy Spags wanted and so far it has all the makings of a bad signing.   Hope Reid proves me wrong but safety is gonna be a higher need than some realize this offseason.  Him and Thornhill have been really bad so far.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I take this back to some degree.   Is abundantly clear Veach gets players his coaches want.  Spags wanted HB and Veach got him HB.   Last year he played Neimann and Sorensen over more talented players. Why? He values intelligence to even at the expense of talent.  Justin Reid is an intelligent football player but I haven't seen much this year that screams anything other than an average safety.   I know we needed a safety after HB departed but maybe Veach went out and go a guy Spags wanted and so far it has all the makings of a bad signing.   Hope Reid proves me wrong but safety is gonna be a higher need than some realize this offseason.  Him and Thornhill have been really bad so far.

I think Cook will be pretty good. And maybe having Reed as a FS type will help him. Let Cook be the physical guy. A third safety will definitely be needed though

Joshua Williams has struggled over the past three games, allowing 12 receptions on 15 targets for 221 yards, two touchdowns, and a 158.3 passer rating. This isn’t unexpected as he’s a rookie from a Division II school and the Chiefs are deciding to do a trial by fire with their rookie corners. The Bengals also have an elite receiving core and I’m never going to blame a fourth-round rookie for not shutting down an elite player. Williams will get better as he plays more snaps, but Steve Spagnuolo will continue to put pressure on him and he will play an important role in another Super Bowl run for the Chiefs.

10 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Joshua Williams has struggled over the past three games, allowing 12 receptions on 15 targets for 221 yards, two touchdowns, and a 158.3 passer rating. This isn’t unexpected as he’s a rookie from a Division II school and the Chiefs are deciding to do a trial by fire with their rookie corners. The Bengals also have an elite receiving core and I’m never going to blame a fourth-round rookie for not shutting down an elite player. Williams will get better as he plays more snaps, but Steve Spagnuolo will continue to put pressure on him and he will play an important role in another Super Bowl run for the Chiefs.

cant learn if you dont play..baptism by fire is the best way..

Hey look I'm a Poet Three Stooges Comedian GIF

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

cant learn if you dont play..baptism by fire is the best way..

Hey look I'm a Poet Three Stooges Comedian GIF

Hey I support the guy and hope he becomes an asset. . If this were playoff week then the lack of  quality depth at Corner and Safety would be a huge issue. If Sneed or McDuffe goes down who plays? Playoff time against good QBS?  Baptism by fire is like arson.

28 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Hey I support the guy and hope he becomes an asset. . If this were playoff week then the lack of  quality depth at Corner and Safety would be a huge issue. If Sneed or McDuffe goes down who plays? Playoff time against good QBS?  Baptism by fire is like arson.

I guess that's just me. I'm not sweating the loses the more we get the better the picks..we need good picks those high 20's to low 30 picks  altho nice to have  only facilitate the need to use multiple picks to trade up. I'm not seeing a SB appearance this year and never had..It'll be Eagles/ ( I was until Sunday saying 49rs but) Cowboys V Bills /Phins. . I'd like an Eagles /Bills SB myself

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess that's just me. I'm not sweating the loses the more we get the better the picks..we need good picks those high 20's to low 30 picks  altho nice to have  only facilitate the need to use multiple picks to trade up. I'm not seeing a SB appearance this year and never had..It'll be Eagles/ ( I was until Sunday saying 49rs but) Cowboys V Bills /Phins. . I'd like an Eagles /Bills SB myself

Lol..yup I'm with you OT.

I didn't see a SB this year coming out of camp. The reasons were obvious....(Look at Sunday's loss) The weaknesses we all discussed early on finally caught up to them on Sunday...and they'll show up again in the playoffs. 

Im thinking Eagles vs Bills in superbowl too..

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

I didn't see a SB this year coming out of camp. The reasons were obvious....(Look at Sunday's loss) The weaknesses we all discussed early on finally caught up to them on Sunday...and they'll show up again in the playoffs. 

They had a first down and didn’t run it once after killing them on the ground 

17 minutes ago, artsy said:

We've been on the same page.  Inexperience at key positions does not lead to superbowls.  Possible but highly unlikely this year. I still think we should be looking at 2023.  It has been nice that we have squeaked by many teams enough to have our current record, but some of those were games that Mahomes literally carried on his own back.  What a great core we now have.  The future is bright.  But this year is not the time to be looking for a superbowl victory. As long as Veach pays Jones and Sneed and a couple of other key guys, we are good.

16 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We've been on the same page.  Inexperience at key positions does not lead to superbowls.  Possible but highly unlikely this year. I still think we should be looking at 2023.  It has been nice that we have squeaked by many teams enough to have our current record, but some of those were games that Mahomes literally carried on his own back.  What a great core we now have.  The future is bright.  But this year is not the time to be looking for a superbowl victory. As long as Veach pays Jones and Sneed and a couple of other key guys, we are good.

My preseason predictions agreed that this is not the year. 2023 and forward is looking good. This year is a bit of a reset. 

Does not mean throw in the towel this year? The best team does not always win the SB. Chiefs did not play PM much at all year one and that worked just fine. Having better depth at corner and safety would not stunt these guys growth. Is it possible that letting a 4th round player with potential upside crash and burn will stunt his growth? Do you really want a 7th round guy replacing Sneed or McDuffie in the playoffs?  To me that is throwing in the towel.