56 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Again, I think the inexperience of the secondary allows receivers to get open quicker, allowing the QB to get rid of it quicker, lowering sack numbers. Also, our secondary guys are used more often on blitzes, opening up faster releases by the QB, lowering sack numbers even more. Even a slight improvement in the secondary and the use of them by Spags could end up making our rush suddenly shoot up in the rankings. When the secondary guys get better and more well known in the league, QB's will become more cautious and hold the ball even longer.  All of these aspects are synergistic, not additive.

I'm less concerned about the secondary than the LB play over the middle.  That's where much of the blame lies for the Chiefs D not getting off the field after a third and moderate/long.  Gay and Bolton haven't exactly lit it up in coverage.  Solution?  Don't know but maybe Reid or Cook playing tighter might help.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'm less concerned about the secondary than the LB play over the middle.  That's where much of the blame lies for the Chiefs D not getting off the field after a third and moderate/long.  Gay and Bolton haven't exactly lit it up in coverage.  Solution?  Don't know but maybe Reid or Cook playing tighter might help.  

Grab Jack Campbell out of iowa and go to a true 4-3 defense. All American and butkus award winner.

I thought the defense looked much better adding Brandon Williams and Danny Shelton to it. Both as strength to the run game defense. And both are able to push the picket back in pass rush. 
both need to play over Nnadi. 
mike Danna is a very good weapon as aDT on passing downs too. Him and jones create a lot of havoc rushing from the inside. 

20 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I thought the defense looked much better adding Brandon Williams and Danny Shelton to it. Both as strength to the run game defense. And both are able to push the picket back in pass rush. 
both need to play over Nnadi. 
mike Danna is a very good weapon as aDT on passing downs too. Him and jones create a lot of havoc rushing from the inside. 

lets see, insert some fatties at d tackle to prevent the other team from running up the middle all game and bleeding the clock, especially when the derek nnadis of the world offer no run stuff or pass rush... who would have guessed that would be a good idea...

You look around the league and who has the top defences? 49ers? 
you can measure this anyway you want points, yds etc. but at the end of the day all defences arn’t perfect. We shredded the 49er defence. 
do we need to improve in certain areas, yes but we are not that far off. The sky isn’t falling. 

• 2 weeks later...