Chiefs vs Rams

6 hours ago, dhitter said:

If Andy would put the foot on the gas pedal I think Chiefs could drop 50 on this team. But we all know Andy doesn't like to embarrass other coaches. When is the last time the Chiefs absolutely blew out a team at Arrowhead?

Vegas last year 48 to 9.  Couple weeks later they kicked the crap outta Pitt 36 to 10. 

11 hours ago, dhitter said:

If Andy would put the foot on the gas pedal I think Chiefs could drop 50 on this team. But we all know Andy doesn't like to embarrass other coaches. When is the last time the Chiefs absolutely blew out a team at Arrowhead?

I mean they lead the league in scoring.  Gotta play defense to blow someone out.  Defense remains a work in progress.

18 minutes ago, xen said:

I mean they lead the league in scoring.  Gotta play defense to blow someone out.  Defense remains a work in progress.

Fair point. Secondary is young and exciting but often schooled by veteran players. As you say...a work in progress.

39 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Watching 2018 vs. the rams. 
Eric Murray Scandrick Nelson through one qtr 6 penalties. Those guys were so bad. 

perspective

there is never a reason to complain about this secondary. They are always in position 

Not complaining.  Yet: the Chiefs d is really not good against the pass despite a top tier pressure rate from the d-line and plenty of sacks. These young guys are playing good and not great. They should get better and show potential. Being in position and still giving up lots of yardage is a moral victory at best but a loss none the less. This is the area teams will exploit in the play offs. Its the KC weakness. Every team has some.

26 Kansas City 248.6 182.3 250.0 232.8 264.4 251.5

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Watching 2018 vs. the rams. 
Eric Murray Scandrick Nelson through one qtr 6 penalties. Those guys were so bad. 

perspective

there is never a reason to complain about this secondary. They are always in position 

All secondaries are always in position.  But sometimes the WR's are in a different one.

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

All secondaries are always in position.  But sometimes the WR's are in a different one.

It's wisdom like that that makes the rest of us marvel at the thought that goes into those posts.  All that aside, one can't help worrying that the Bengals are saving Chase in order to have him at 100% against the Chiefs secondary.  Guess they can't be much wore than Ward swatting vainly at long passes to Chase. 

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

Thornhill and Reid have a lot of rookie CBs that could use some veteran savvy, but the rooks have out played them significantly IMO.

Our safeties, who play safety and not corner, have a lot of rookie CBs that could use some veteran savvy?  What does that even mean? That it's our safeties job to coach up our young corners? 

19 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Vegas last year 48 to 9.  Couple weeks later they kicked the crap outta Pitt 36 to 10. 

Wasn't that the game where LV danced on the Chiefs logo? And the year after LV took a victory lab around Arrowhead in their bus?

They deserved it.

In my opinion I don’t mind our secondary but saftey is somewhat a concern. 
We are giving ups yds but teams need to throw more against us than others. Couple that with our pass rush in particular first half of games. 
plus we arnt shooting our load signing high priced secondary players that maybe get a slightly better return. 

5 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

Wasn't that the game where LV danced on the Chiefs logo? And the year after LV took a victory lab around Arrowhead in their bus?

They deserved it.

The victory lap occured in 2020 I think but yea the Raiders danced on the Chiefs logo before the game last year.  

Victory lap was probably the highlight of Grudens time with the Raiders that go around.  

They deserved that ass kicking.  

13 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Our safeties, who play safety and not corner, have a lot of rookie CBs that could use some veteran savvy?  What does that even mean? That it's our safeties job to coach up our young corners? 

It means don’t bite on every play action. It means knowing where the other teams go to WR is and have there back over the top. 

6 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

The victory lap occured in 2020 I think but yea the Raiders danced on the Chiefs logo before the game last year.  

Victory lap was probably the highlight of Grudens time with the Raiders that go around.  

Didn't the Raiders get fined by the NFL for that dancing on the logo thing?

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

I think this game will be close. Chiefs by 4. Why? Chiefs seem to play poor when favored by 7+. When nobody thinks KC can lose they let the other team hang around. Rams can play some D and have nothing to lose.

I hope that doesn't happen but won't surprise me. On the defense, I also believe teams are willing to take more chances against the Chiefs secondary, since they're so young. If these young guys start picking off passes, maybe that will stop. Sneed is playing really well, McDuffie seems to be playing well despite the small sample size. 

12 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yeah it was the year after, but that was the next home game after that victory lap.

6 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think this game will be close. Chiefs by 4. Why? Chiefs seem to play poor when favored by 7+. When nobody thinks KC can lose they let the other team hang around. Rams can play some D and have nothing to lose.

Actually, I think the Chiefs will beat the spread and win by exactly 16 points.