Most Important game of the season so far -- Lets get a bit of payback..

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm sorry I'm not sold on  "Locker Room " material for the Pro's  Playoffs are at stake and if some dumbass saying dumbshit has to inspire a player(s) to play harder then that's F'd up. That being said Reid should STFU any player worth his salt should let his actions speak on the field.

I still have this game as L #3 some teams just have that IT factor and against the Chiefs the Bungholes have IT until proven otherwise. I'm not sold on the Chiefs' HFA being all that important either

Agree HFA in todays NFL is not what it use to be. Im sure the players enjoy the week off. Everything is media hyped to create ratings. KC is 2-2 in AFC Champ games hosted at home. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'm sorry I'm not sold on  "Locker Room " material for the Pro's  Playoffs are at stake and if some dumbass saying dumbshit has to inspire a player(s) to play harder then that's F'd up. That being said Reid should STFU any player worth his salt should let his actions speak on the field.

I still have this game as L #3 some teams just have that IT factor and against the Chiefs the Bungholes have IT until proven otherwise. I'm not sold on the Chiefs' HFA being all that important either

Some players it helps others it makes no.  difference.  Doesnt stop coaches from using anything and everything they can to motivate players.  Remember the first AFCCG against the Pats.  BB created the narrative that was us(pats) against the world or some crap like that .  They showed Edelman with a tshirt for whatever saying they did.  

Here is an article going over what some coaches have done in big games to motivate players using other players quotes or even other coaches quotes.  

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-myths-20180125-story.html

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Some players it helps others it makes no.  difference.  Doesnt stop coaches from using anything and everything they can to motivate players.  Remember the first AFCCG against the Pats.  BB created the narrative that was us(pats) against the world or some crap like that .  They showed Edelman with a tshirt for whatever saying they did.  

Here is an article going over what some coaches have done in big games to motivate players using other players quotes or even other coaches quotes.  

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-myths-20180125-story.html

Just Media BS. Hype for ratings, clicks and likes. Something for the 24/7 news to talk about. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The bye is probably more important than the HFA. 

I'm seriously mentally prepared for the Chiefs to lose this one.  After that, they should win out.  If they do, there's still a shot at home field unless the Fins or Bills also win out.  With a win, the Chiefs are in great shape.  With a loss, they're in good shape.  Really want a win, but not optimistic this week. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That being said Reid should STFU any player worth his salt should let his actions speak on the field.

It's not so much that players are going to play harder because somebody gave the LR material. They should play the same regardless. They just may target Reid more now. He is a weak link in our secondary right now and that may hurt us. 

Just now, azchief21 said:

It's not so much that players are going to play harder because somebody gave the LR material. They should play the same regardless. They just may target Reid more now. He is a weak link in our secondary right now and that may hurt us. 

You'd think they would target the weak link in our secondary regardless.  

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

You'd think 

I'm pretty sure that #23 and Justin Reid will be very busy....I expect Williams (#23) to see A LOT of action. The Bengals offense is very balanced. And their coach calls a balanced game, mixing in the run and pass at almost a 50/50 clip....I believe. Bolton and Gay will be pivotal with Mixon and Perine out of the backfield and CJ, Clark and Dunlap HAVE TO FREAKING SHOW UP.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This could be a game decided by a lucky play. Cinn may have a better overall D than KC. Offense is advantage Mahomes. I think Mahomes delivers one of his best games ever and KC wins by 3.

I never really doubt PM15, tbh. He's a true gamer and "usually" does whatever he needs to do to win. HOWEVER, the defense? That's my biggest concern. 

We won't score on every possession....(typically due to stupid playcalling or penalties or something dumb). Which means the defense is going to have force a couple of punts....or at least hold them to a couple red zone FGs. 

I'm really hoping they can, because I really hate putting so much pressure on the offense to score on every single possession they touch the ball. 

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

I never really doubt PM15, tbh. He's a true gamer and "usually" does whatever he needs to do to win. HOWEVER, the defense? That's my biggest concern. 

We won't score on every possession....(typically due to stupid playcalling or penalties or something dumb). Which means the defense is going to have force a couple of punts....or at least hold them to a couple red zone FGs. 

I'm really hoping they can, because I really hate putting so much pressure on the offense to score on every single possession they touch the ball. 

I think KC may score on every possession. It is possible and may be needed. Mahomes and Reid both choked in the Title game. They have a bad taste left from that implosion. The offense must know this game is on them. Chiefs miss Hardmans speed and his gadget role. Especially in the red zone. It will be Mahomes needing to execute his best game ever to win this. I think he will. I like seeing him with Nagy on the sidelines. Nagy is the Mahomes whisperer. 

Chiefs D against the pass is last in the league with no pressure. To get pressure KC must blitz. Burrow , like Mahomes, is excellent against the blitz. The Chief Pass D failings has somehow not been fully exposed. Playing two third string QBs makes the numbers look better than the reality. 

40 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The obvious strategy going forward is to have our best cover guy and our best run stuffer talk smack.  That way they will target them over and over with no success, leaving our more vulnerable people unscathed.  Next level shit. 

You're getting there

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

The good news is since 2018 the Chiefs have the best road record of any team and it isn't even particularly close.

The bad news is most of their losses over the past several years have been to AFC playoff contending type teams. 

Don't worry...Chiefs will kill them this time. Mahomes is on a mission.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

The good news is since 2018 the Chiefs have the best road record of any team and it isn't even particularly close.

The bad news is most of their losses over the past several years have been to AFC playoff contending type teams. 

The bad news is good news. Losing to quality teams is not an issue. Plus most of those loses are close games. Cant win them all.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Don't worry...Chiefs will kill them this time. Mahomes is on a mission.

Agreed. I think Mahomes had circled this game and he is looking for redemption. We would call it "payback". Could be close....but Chiefs find a way to get it done.

19 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The bad news is good news. Losing to quality teams is not an issue. Plus most of those loses are close games. Cant win them all.

Unless it's Cincinnati or New England in the AFCCG.🥺

Those two and a lot of other losses coming at Arrowhead.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, reesebobby said:

The bye is probably more important than the HFA. 

I disagree.  HFA has been downplayed in this thread.  Not all homefields are created equal.  Is there a huge difference between Tampa and LA?  No, not really, but January roadies in Buffalo or Green Bay on the NFC side, there is most definitely a big HFA.  The Chiefs are really a 2nd half implosion from being 3-1 in hosted AFC title games, with the lone loss being to Tom Brady.  Speaking of Tom Brady, prior to the 3 consecutive road wins in the 2021 playoffs, he was only 4-4 in playoff roadies.  

On 12/2/2022 at 7:41 AM, AFCWEST said:

Agree HFA in todays NFL is not what it use to be. Im sure the players enjoy the week off. Everything is media hyped to create ratings. KC is 2-2 in AFC Champ games hosted at home. 

KC is 7-2 in home playoff games over the previous 4 seasons.  Dismissing quality home wins in the playoffs to diminish HFA is just wrong.  In those 4 years, the Chiefs either won the Super Bowl (1). lost in the super bowl or to the eventual super bowl champion (2) and lost to the super bowl loser (1).