Most Important game of the season so far -- Lets get a bit of payback..

HFA is a circumstantial thing in today's NFL. Certain cities, like LA, doesn't have any home field so they are extremely irrelevant but real football cities with a solid fan base create a big advantage. I believe we would have won some tough playoff games of the Smith-era if we played them at home. 

I think the interesting bit from older times is the success of the wild card teams. I'm pretty sure it's a relatively small stat but they felt to be a bit more successful than some teams enjoying the bye (#2 seeds). 

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

KC is 7-2 in home playoff games over the previous 4 seasons.  Dismissing quality home wins in the playoffs to diminish HFA is just wrong.  In those 4 years, the Chiefs either won the Super Bowl (1). lost in the super bowl or to the eventual super bowl champion (2) and lost to the super bowl loser (1).  

Yep.   Playing an extra game increases the chance for injury as well.  Odds of getting to the SB are probably better playing 2 games at home vs at best 2 home games then a road game.  

Under the old playoff format teams that had to play that extra game didn't make the SB often like once every 6 to 7 years a wildcard team would get to it.  Im guessing over time it will show the same teams having to play 3 games vs 2 won't be in it as often under the new format.  #1 seed isn't just about where the game is played but the advantages that come with it.  

15 hours ago, moons314 said:

KC is 7-2 in home playoff games over the previous 4 seasons.  Dismissing quality home wins in the playoffs to diminish HFA is just wrong.  In those 4 years, the Chiefs either won the Super Bowl (1). lost in the super bowl or to the eventual super bowl champion (2) and lost to the super bowl loser (1).  

KC wins 75% of all games started by Mahomes. They have played mostly home playoff games with Mahomes. Home field is a slight advantage. Home field advantage in the NFL is not what it was in the past. My point is simple. The bye is good for players. Does not matter to me if KC is playing at home or on the road in the playoffs. I prefer home but dont worry about it. 

Note: Playoff games are slowly eliminating the average real fans. You get a lot of the super rich famous folks buying tickets and driving up prices. Lots of season ticket holders sell for huge profits.

15 hours ago, moons314 said:

The Chiefs are really a 2nd half implosion from being 3-1 in hosted AFC title games, with the lone loss being to Tom Brady.  

We are also a Texans and titans implosion from only going to one super bowl.  I'm not down playing the importance of hfa.  I just don't think it's more important than the bye week.  

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

KC wins 75% of all games started by Mahomes. They have played mostly home playoff games with Mahomes. Home field is a slight advantage. Home field advantage in the NFL is not what it was in the past. My point is simple. The bye is good for players. Does not matter to me if KC is playing at home or on the road in the playoffs. I prefer home but dont worry about it. 

Note: Playoff games are slowly eliminating the average real fans. You get a lot of the super rich famous folks buying tickets and driving up prices. Lots of season ticket holders sell for huge profits.

The NFL has been doing this for years.  The Super Bowl is a pipe dream for anyone not making 6 figures +, unless they're willing to going into some big credit card debt.  Playoff seats going for 600-700 on up, you're talking 2g's for 2 people by the time you park. The NFL used to be the ultimate blue collar fanbase, but not anymore. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

We are also a Texans and titans implosion from only going to one super bowl.  I'm not down playing the importance of hfa.  I just don't think it's more important than the bye week.  

Bye weeks scare me.  Maybe its PTSD from the 90s.  I worry about rust or coming out flat after the time off .  It worries me way more when coaches rest players in the week before the bye week, essentially creating a 2 week absence of contact and game speed.  

45 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The NFL has been doing this for years.  The Super Bowl is a pipe dream for anyone not making 6 figures +, unless they're willing to going into some big credit card debt.  Playoff seats going for 600-700 on up, you're talking 2g's for 2 people by the time you park. The NFL used to be the ultimate blue collar fanbase, but not anymore. 

and players had to get 2nd jobs too. We got priced out of 40+ years of Season Tickets but I aint crying, when people cant afford to go to games they wont..or maybe they will because they are stupid I dont know but I for one dont think I'll ever see a game again in my life time but I aint crying about it either. 

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and players had to get 2nd jobs too. We got priced out of 40+ years of Season Tickets but I aint crying, when people cant afford to go to games they wont..or maybe they will because they are stupid I dont know but I for one dont think I'll ever see a game again in my life time but I aint crying about it either. 

Yeah, the only games I've been to in the Mahomes era was in Jacksonville. The Jags sucked at the time so I could get good seats, and it's not a far drive for me. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'd pay good foldin' money to hear Mahomes yell 'Blue 80' a few times... especially after having to listen to 'Omaha Omaha' for five fuckin' years