The Veach Appreciation Thread

We would be just another team without Mahomes but the Veach transactions and cap control make us a perennial powerhouse. Look at the amount of cap space and $$$$ other teams are spending to keep up with us. He is simultaneously building the Chiefs and tearing down the other AFC West as the other GMs are desperately trying to keep up at the cost of their futures. 

In particular, what he has done at the CB and LB position through the draft is amazing. And building what may be a better overall and deep WR group WITHOUT Hill.  

It's a great time to be a Chiefs Fan!

I agree. I mean look at Denver holy dumpster fire. Talk about buyer remorse. I wonder the Wilson cap numbers are. Cause if its what I think it is Denver is screwed for years and years. The Chargers will be in cap hell in 1 to 2 years with the Raiders. And here we are lookin pretty good for next several years. Buffalo and Miami have screwed themselves for the forseeable future as well. Damn its good to be a Chiefs fan.  

Someone posted a comparison of the Rams and Chiefs over the past four years or since the shoot out of '18.  Both have two SB appearances, one SB win, etc.  But look at where where the teams are now.  The Chiefs have a future and this is a reloading year.  The Rams have players threatening to retire along with their young coach, traded away their future, and went all in on one more shot which failed.  Same with the Raiders and Geldings and the Chargers will have to pay Herbert soon.  Yep, Veach has my vote for executive of the decade.  

2 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I agree. I mean look at Denver holy dumpster fire. Talk about buyer remorse. I wonder the Wilson cap numbers are. Cause if its what I think it is Denver is screwed for years and years. The Chargers will be in cap hell in 1 to 2 years with the Raiders. And here we are lookin pretty good for next several years. Buffalo and Miami have screwed themselves for the forseeable future as well. Damn its good to be a Chiefs fan.  

google is your friend

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/russell-wilson-9885/

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

In 2 more years he will 36 with a dead cap hit of 85 million dollars.  And he cost them 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a 5th, Drew Lock and Noah Fant.  If someone doesn't get fired for that then I don't know what to say.  

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Someone posted a comparison of the Rams and Chiefs over the past four years or since the shoot out of '18.  Both have two SB appearances, one SB win, etc.  But look at where where the teams are now.  The Chiefs have a future and this is a reloading year.  The Rams have players threatening to retire along with their young coach, traded away their future, and went all in on one more shot which failed.  Same with the Raiders and Geldings and the Chargers will have to pay Herbert soon.  Yep, Veach has my vote for executive of the decade.  

#49 is the Rams front office:

I'll temper this post with Veach's inability to acquire a legitimate pass rusher in either the draft or FA. His MO seems to be acquiring over-the-hill former legit pass rushers in the last year or 2 of their careers. Suggs, Ingram, Dunlap. However, I am still thankful for the success we had. Just feeling greedy. Want another SB

11 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I'll temper this post with Veach's inability to acquire a legitimate pass rusher in either the draft or FA. His MO seems to be acquiring over-the-hill former legit pass rushers in the last year or 2 of their careers. Suggs, Ingram, Dunlap. However, I am still thankful for the success we had. Just feeling greedy. Want another SB

all 3 served us well I do believe on the cheap

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

all 3 served us well I do believe on the cheap

Yea and usually guys that can be disruptive from the edge and get home dont hit FA and are found top 15 in the draft.  Same with LT.  Guys that can plug and play are going to go early and good LTs that can handle good rushers just don't hit FA very often.  

• 1 month later...

9 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Has any team ever got more production from 7th rounders than this year's Chiefs? Pacheco w/ 95 yd, Watson w/ a one-handed game ender. I even saw Nazeeh Johnson on ST.  

The entire draft class has been kicking ass.  However to answer the question, Shannon Sharpe and Julian Edelman probably by themselves exceed this years Chiefs.  Plus Bo Jackson and Fitz.  

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bo_sharpe_fitzpatrick_more_the_best_seventh_round_picks_in_nfl_history/s1__31733480#slide_1

32 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Has any team ever got more production from 7th rounders than this year's Chiefs? Pacheco w/ 95 yd, Watson w/ a one-handed game ender. I even saw Nazeeh Johnson on ST.  

I suppose your asking about 7th rounders out of the same draft on the same team? Other than that for the Chiefs Priest Holmes was undrafted as was Deron Cherry.  Several of HOFrs  where undrafted,  John Randal, Kurt Warner to mention a couple.

I'd argue the 49rs did Purdy well this last year