The Veach Appreciation Thread

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'd argue the 49rs did Purdy well this last year

A rookie QB that's 6-0 as a starter exceeds any other production from any other position. May be over the years things could change but I believe 49ers won the draft this year. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

A rookie QB that's 6-0 as a starter exceeds any other production from any other position. May be over the years things could change but I believe 49ers won the draft this year. 

The Jets and Chiefs want a word.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

True, but picking up McCaffery didn't hurt. 

To me, it's more about improving the entire team and where you started... I think the Jets had a hell of a draft, tho their record didn't show it.

As did our Chiefs. Considering we should have been the AFC champ last year, they did awesome.

I can't actually remember how many draft picks we had last year, but do you guys realize that 7 of them played in the AFCCG???!!

McDuffie, Cook, Watson, Williams, Pacheco, Karlaftis and yes..even Chenal got a handful of decent reps on defense.

Holy SHIT! The future is looking pretty damn good!

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

I can't actually remember how many draft picks we had last year, but do you guys realize that 7 of them played in the AFCCG???!!

McDuffie, Cook, Watson, Williams, Pacheco, Karlaftis and yes..even Chenal got a handful of decent reps on defense.

Yeah, ironically Skip Bayless brought that up (yeah i still can't help watching them sometime). He was impressed that almost every player in our draft class made a play yesterday. 

34 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Don't forget 2nd year draft picks Creed, Smith, Bolton & Gray. This roster, through the draft, that veach has put together after absorbing Mahomes money after his rookie contract, is nothing short of phenomenal. 

It is. And wait until the bengals realize they can't afford all those players once they sign Burrow to his inevitable 'biggest contract in the NFL.' 

Veach has done all this AFTER signing Mahomes to a permanent contract.

4 hours ago, mex said:

It is. And wait until the bengals realize they can't afford all those players once they sign Burrow to his inevitable 'biggest contract in the NFL.' 

Veach has done all this AFTER signing Mahomes to a permanent contract.

Completely rebuilt secondary and receiver corps.  We did not have the depth last year to win this game with so many injuries.  Veach is a goddamn sorcerer.

6 hours ago, artsy said:

Moore and Johnson also.

The only pick that didn’t really contribute this year was Kinnard.  And a lot of us had him getting the starting RT job in camp, lol.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:04 AM, azchief21 said:

We would be just another team without Mahomes but the Veach transactions and cap control make us a perennial powerhouse. Look at the amount of cap space and $$$$ other teams are spending to keep up with us. He is simultaneously building the Chiefs and tearing down the other AFC West as the other GMs are desperately trying to keep up at the cost of their futures.

In particular, what he has done at the CB and LB position through the draft is amazing. And building what may be a better overall and deep WR group WITHOUT Hill.  

It's a great time to be a Chiefs Fan!

I was shocked at the trade of Hill, but I also remember last year being very concerned that Mahomes was missing wide open guys, because he was getting tunnel-visioned and looking only for Hill and Kelce all the time, just because they are both so spectacular. When they were covered, Mahomes just looked clueless and forced the ball into coverage.  Mahomes processes things so quickly and sees so well, but he was not really applying those skills, and it cost him. I didn't notice him miss seeing open guys nearly as much this year. It pushed him to a new level without Hill.  He also became a much better pocket passer, statistically the best in the NFL in the pocket.  All of that was at the "expense" of gaining multiple draft picks that Veach turned mostly turned into magic. But I hadn't really thought about how it was simultaneously killing the rest of the AFC West until you mentioned it. The other teams are doing what we kept trying to do for so long before the Reid era. Trying to overcome Manning and Rivers, Elway, etc.  We were always destroying our cap space and searching for the great expensive aging free agent who was going to put us over the top while destroying the future. Finally, we have an organization that is doing it the right way.  It's how the Patriots did it for so long with Brady and Bellichik.

• 2 weeks later...

34 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think this team is better than the '19 SB winning team and next year's team may be even better. In Veach We Trust. His balance between who to keep (pay), who to let walk (not pay) which FA to acquire and draft success is among the best in the NFL in quite a while.

Defense was certainly better.