Chiefs add run stuffer

hellll yeah. this goes with my philosophy that if you can't have an elite DT, then get a decent athlete who is a big heavy load to handle inside. love this signing. guy has been an excellent run stuffer in his career. and for a playoff run hopefully he can take snaps from nnadi and be an upgrade.

love this signing.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

hellll yeah. this goes with my philosophy that if you can't have an elite DT, then get a decent athlete who is a big heavy load to handle inside. love this signing. guy has been an excellent run stuffer in his career. and for a playoff run hopefully he can take snaps from nnadi and be an upgrade.

love this signing.

Agree.  He might be an upgrade over Nnadi if he has much left in the tank. 

The Chiefs released both C Austin Reiter and RB Wayne Gallman from the practice squad on Tuesday. Reiter, of course, started 38 games for Kansas City from 2018-2020 and was the team’s starting center in both Super Bowl LIV and Super Bowl LV.

Reiter was the only true center that the team had on both the 53-man roster and practice squad outside of starting center Creed Humphrey.

From The Ravens Web Site

If reports from Schefter are true that he expects to join the active roster, it makes a good pairing. According to football outsiders, the Chiefs are just below average as a run defense, ranked No. 18 in DVOA. With Williams on the interior, they may not be getting much in terms of pass rush, but they’ll certainly get a defender who can take on double teams and free up fellow defensive linemen and edge rushers beside him.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2022/11/29/23485207/former-ravens-dt-brandon-williams-signs-with-chiefs-practice-squad-nfl-free-agency-news-deals

• Chiefs signed DL Brandon Williams, formerly of the Ravens. 

Williams, 33, a longtime run stuffer for the Ravens, has been unsigned since playing 13 games for Baltimore in 2021. Williams will likely be a rotational player on the Kansas City defensive line. He'll reunite with Chiefs defensive line coach Joe Cullen, Williams' position coach for five seasons with the Ravens. Pro Football Focus grades the Chiefs as the league's 17th best rush defense through Week 12. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:
  • Chiefs signed DL Brandon Williams, formerly of the Ravens. 

Williams, 33, a longtime run stuffer for the Ravens, has been unsigned since playing 13 games for Baltimore in 2021. Williams will likely be a rotational player on the Kansas City defensive line. He'll reunite with Chiefs defensive line coach Joe Cullen, Williams' position coach for five seasons with the Ravens. Pro Football Focus grades the Chiefs as the league's 17th best rush defense through Week 12. 

If I had my way..I'd bench Nnadi now and rotate this guy in with Saunders. Geez, Nnadi has been so bad against the run this year. Even worse than his rookie year.