Chiefs Vs Bengals Game Day

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Sorry they did, my bad, but we are still two games up on them.

Denver D will prove to be a struggle.  This game was mentally draining I’m sure.  I’m not sure Chiefs win more than a few more games.  Wildcard?

I'll be glad when EB is gone. He refuses to run the ball even when that's what needs to be done. He and Pat and Reid just cannot help themselves.  

McKinnon was standing right there for the first down...and mahomes looked and then looked away...probably starring at kelce. 

These guys are their own worst enemy!

The Chiefs just couldn't get pressure. I'm not sure the Chiefs can do it against the better teams in the playoffs. I'd love to get the Bengals back but not so sure now. I've been humbled.  Frustrating loss, but it is what t is. I'll be right here at the end of the season no matter what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Denver D will prove to be a struggle.  This game was mentally draining I’m sure.  I’m not sure Chiefs win more than a few more games.  Wildcard?

We are winning this division going away so that means we won't be a wildcard.  Not sure were you have been but winning against LA Chargers almost assured that.  Every other team has to win out as well even if we lose two more which is highly unlikely.   We have a better shot at getting the #1 seed than being a wildcard.   

We are winning this division going away so that means we won't be a wildcard.  Not sure were you have been but winning against LA Chargers almost assured that.  Every other team has to win out as well even if we lose two more which is highly unlikely.   We have a better shot at getting the #1 seed than being a wildcard.   

You’re right.  Crazier things have happened.  All I know is we aren’t at the level of Bills and Bengals.  Mahomes and company need to figure it out.

26 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Is Williams really any good? Or is he just less bad Mike Hughes?

Kid is gonna be a stud. He's almost always right where he needs to be. His progress is remarkable considering he came from a D2 school. With a defensive front that can actually force bad throws now and then, he will shine. 

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

This one's on Spag's terrible defensive game plan. 

I'm gonna say Kelce's fumble played a larger part.  We had momentum and were on our way to scoring again and probably put this game away.  Then the O not being able to score on that last possession being another issue.  Sure the D sucks in stretches but they got a high powered opponent in a position to be beat early in the 4th and the O just dropped the ball on back to back possessions.  

For a team we wanted to show up we played them like we played the Raiders.  

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Kid is gonna be a stud. He's almost always right where he needs to be. His progress is remarkable considering he came from a D2 school. With a defensive front that can actually force bad throws now and then, he will shine. 

Yep. Our CBs are a strength. Safeties are a liability. Pass rush is non existent. LBs are good but had a bad day. I think this was Bolton's worst day of the season. Rare missed tackles, couldn't get off a couple of blocks but I'm not worried about the LB group. Was Chris Jones out there? I know Clark was. Saw him dancing with tackles again. 

I'm gonna say Kelce's fumble played a larger part.  We had momentum and were on our way to scoring again and probably put this game away.  Then the O not being able to score on that last possession being another issue.  Sure the D sucks in stretches but they got a high powered opponent in a position to be beat early in the 4th and the O just dropped the ball on back to back possessions.  

I do not think this should be called Kelce's fumble!  It was a steel!  His forward motion was stopped, 3 bengles were holding him up and working the ball out of his hands. 

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep. I also need to stop comparing Reid to Belichick.  He is not as good a coach Bill. If cincys plan was to rake away the pass, then Bill would've run the ball ALL FUCKING NIGHT..With a little play action sprinkled in.

On defense he would've taken Chase away especially on obvious passing downs. 

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Nope. Kelce has carried this team for a decade. Only fumble all year. Defense should have picked him up after the fumble. Even after all that we had them 3 & 11 to get the ball back and gave up a 12 yard pass. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yep. I also need to stop comparing Reid to Belichick.  He is not as good a coach Bill. If cincys plan was to rake away the pass, then Bill would've run the ball ALL FUCKING NIGHT..With a little play action sprinkled in.

On defense he would've taken Chase away especially on obvious passing downs. 

I'd take Reid over Belichick any day. 

Just now, azchief21 said:

Nope. Kelce has carried this team for a decade. Only fumble all year. Defense should have picked him up after the fumble. Even after all that we had them 3 & 11 to get the ball back and gave up a 12 yard pass. 

Yup, Even the great Kelce is entitled to make a mistake...And that was not really a mistake as much as a helluva play by the defense..

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Lots of things to point at - offense held to 24 points 

no takeaways 

fumbles 

defense gave up nearly 450 yards 

Orlando brown had a bad day 

tackling was bad 

They ran the ball more this time. Ran for 138 Yards. Do you think they should have done it more? In this game I kinda wish they would have. I also wonder about not having Thuney. I think more back breaking runs may have occurred.

35 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Lol…. They are basically 4 games up with 5 games to play.  They aren’t gonna be a wildcard 

3 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Lol…. They are basically 4 games up with 5 games to play.  They aren’t gonna be a wildcard 

So we will just be one of those division winners…wonderful.  Can’t beat the teams we need to beat and kind of got lucky with such a weird season in the afc west where everyone didn’t play up to their promised talent.

11 minutes ago, qnet said:

They ran the ball more this time. Ran for 138 Yards. Do you think they should have done it more? In this game I kinda wish they would have. I also wonder about not having Thuney. I think more back breaking runs may have occurred.

It's not so much how often they ran the ball, it's the situations when a run was called for and they didn't.  It's not a crime to run the ball on second and three on on first down from the opposing three yd. line.  It's okay to run the ball when the goal is to play keep away with a lead in the fourth quarter.  Thuney might have made a difference.  

Being that the Chiefs are 0-3 against the Bengals and probably can’t beat the Bills, can this team get it done when it matters?  Seeing as we basically are a lock for the playoffs in a weak afc west, can this team mentally get over this kind of stuff?  I’m not so sure.