Chiefs Vs Bengals Game Day

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

The disappointment is getting outplayed by burrow all 3 times. They are just better at this time. 

I think getting outplayed by burrow is a stretch.  It’s not like he’s going out there and beating Mahomes head to head in a shootout.  They give up sacks to everyone but the chiefs.  Our offensive tackles are hot garbage.  It’s like starting a matchup but Mahomes has one hand tied behind his back. 

Also consider that the check downs take longer bc our back and tight ends are having to chip constantly, so if there’s quick pressure, the timing is already jacked up bc the safety valve may not even have his head around. 

20 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Without a pass rush this team goes now where. our D-line is hot garbage. You give anybody that much time to throw they will have a field day. Well lack of pass rush and turnovers. This was definately a reality check.

The chiefs are severely lacking in two of the most important aspects of modern football, the ability to rush the and the ability to protect the edge.  

The inability to rush the edge is directly reflected in the lack of turnovers forced by the defense. NFL qbs just don’t make mistakes if you allow them to sit in the pocket and dissect the field. 

I am just gonns say it. FRANK CLARK NEEDS TO GO.... That guy is a turd. But even with a JV D-line and a Average WR core we still had a chance to win this game. That Kelce TO was the momentum swing they needed to go balls deep. But you know what Kelce  will beat himself up over this and he will come back with avengence.  I am not as worried about this offense as I am about THAT FUCKING D-LINE. MY GOD THAT WAS BAD!!!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I do not but I did look at it several times and the call caould go either way. In my opinion

I don’t think the contact altered the WR. The inadvertent feet tangle was the biggest factor which is usually a no call. 

sometimes I feel calls go against us early to keep games close. There are usually quite a few questionable calls early in a game against us then it seems to even up in the second half. 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

I think getting outplayed by burrow is a stretch.  It’s not like he’s going out there and beating Mahomes head to head in a shootout.  They give up sacks to everyone but the chiefs.  Our offensive tackles are hot garbage.  It’s like starting a matchup but Mahomes has one hand tied behind his back. 

Also consider that the check downs take longer bc our back and tight ends are having to chip constantly, so if there’s quick pressure, the timing is already jacked up bc the safety valve may not even have his head around. 

Fact of the matter is 0-3 at the moment. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

on KC Sports Talk this past week  there was a discussion and it was brought up that if they where to pick a QB to start a franchise it'd be Burrow's over Mahomes and Allen  simply because of his success throughout his career. He is a cool customer fer sure.

He is a very good qb but there is no way I'm taking him over Mahomes.   Mahomes in Cincy is the SB favorite and its not close.  Burrows here isn't doing what Mahomes has done and is doing. Higgins would be our #1 wr.  Burrows is really really good but he needs time and protection.  Its not a knock on Burrows as I would be happy to have him if we didn't have Mahomes but its a bad take.  

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

sometimes a team needs a wake up call, could be they where feeling a bit full of themselves. I hope this was a reset button for them

You are right.  Had we run the table we might be due for a let down in the playoffs. This should refocus our attention on the holes that were exposed.  Sometimes a loss like that could end up being good for the team.  We did only lose by 3 and had two opportunities to win it.

20 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Fact of the matter is 0-3 at the moment. 

Don’t dispute the 0-3, but the point remains, the inability of the chiefs to get to one of the most sacked qbs in the league is the biggest difference. Mahomes is great but there’s only so much he can control.  MVS drops. Kelce fumble.  Defense can’t get off the field. Those are mistakes that cinci didn’t reciprocate, save for the drop that should’ve been flagged for opi. 

39 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Don’t dispute the 0-3, but the point remains, the inability of the chiefs to get to one of the most sacked qbs in the league is the biggest difference. Mahomes is great but there’s only so much he can control.  MVS drops. Kelce fumble.  Defense can’t get off the field. Those are mistakes that cinci didn’t reciprocate, save for the drop that should’ve been flagged for opi. 

Burrows is great but its annoying comparing qbs like its a 1v1 boxing match.  Burrows had all day to sit back and throw to 3 stud wrs.  He did what he was suppose to do and they won.  Mahomes was constantly pressured and I would take those 3 Cincy wr's over Kelce, Juju, and MVS/whoever else in a New York Minute.   Bottom line, this team can't make mistakes vs good teams if they expect to win.  This is a soft rebuild roster and our margin for error is less than if we went all in.   We will get some of that stuff cleaned up and be fine but you are right.  0-3 sucks.

14 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Cinci played a really solid game on both sides, and you can't win them all in the NFL.  The sky isn't falling.

Exactly.

our db’s are gonna start making plays too. They’ve have literally had blanket coverage all year. They will learn to break them up abs start anticipating 

42 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Burrows is great but its annoying comparing qbs like its a 1v1 boxing match.  Burrows had all day to sit back and throw to 3 stud wrs.  He did what he was suppose to do and they won.  Mahomes was constantly pressured and I would take those 3 Cincy wr's over Kelce, Juju, and MVS/whoever else in a New York Minute.   Bottom line, this team can't make mistakes vs good teams if they expect to win.  This is a soft rebuild roster and our margin for error is less than if we went all in.   We will get some of that stuff cleaned up and be fine but you are right.  0-3 sucks.

Again, I 100% agree! Let's just be honest here......If Kelce doesn't fumble, the chances of winning this game increase significantly Even with a FG on that possession, the chances are high.

BUT, like you said, Burrow has

3 number 1 WR's to assist him,

2 pro bowl running backs

a better oline and a coach that aint to egotistical to have his qb audible to a run everytime he see's the defense in a two high safety look..

IMO, cincy is nothing special. They just didn't make any mistakes and they take advantage of their strengths and exploit KC's weaknesses....That's called coaching. That is all.

38 minutes ago, artsy said:

Again, I 100% agree! Let's just be honest here......If Kelce doesn't fumble, the chances of winning this game increase significantly Even with a FG on that possession, the chances are high.

BUT, like you said, Burrow has

3 number 1 WR's to assist him,

2 pro bowl running backs

a better oline and a coach that aint to egotistical to have his qb audible to a run everytime he see's the defense in a two high safety look..

IMO, cincy is nothing special. They just didn't make any mistakes and they take advantage of their strengths and exploit KC's weaknesses....That's called coaching. That is all.

They are AFC Champs. They are special. They beat KC 3 times in a row and that is special. 

19 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

They are AFC Champs. They are special. They beat KC 3 times in a row and that is special. 

Ok....Well IMO, I don't fell like they're 3-0 better than KC.

They just don't seem to pass my eye test....They seem like a better coached LA Chargers team to me. So, maybe I'm just a homer...or a Hater, either way, all 3 losses to them seem self inflicted.

Just now, artsy said:

They just don't seem to pass my eye test....They seem like a better coached LA Chargers team to me. So, maybe I'm just a homer...or a Hater, either way, all 3 losses to them seem self inflicted.

KC is one of the top AFC Teams. They are not the best team. There is no best team. Every team and fan base says we beat ourselves. Cinn was the better team yesterday. They made plays and KC did not. I think the Bengals roster is better and their QB is elite. KC has the Mahomes slight advantage at QB. Thats it. Cinn is better in all other areas.  They won three in a row. That is proof enough. Adding to that, coaching also counts. They have out coached KC three times in the second half. Three times. Yes they have better coaching at least in this match up.  Will they beat KC 4 times in a row? Not likely.

Maybe it’s just me but chiefs didn’t seem to have that edge in this game. Usually the O makes the plays on the last drive and usually the D makes a few timely plays as well. Something was off again when facing this bengals team. 

what pisses me off more than anything is Reid popping off during the week and then not balling. Man he is a big disappointment in my eyes. I want a ball hawk and a thumper. Like that Cisco kid in Jacksonville and the kid in Chicago. anyways done ranting. Onto the broncos 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Maybe it’s just me but chiefs didn’t seem to have that edge in this game. Usually the O makes the plays on the last drive and usually the D makes a few timely plays as well. Something was off again when facing this bengals team. 

what pisses me off more than anything is Reid popping off during the week and then not balling. Man he is a big disappointment in my eyes. I want a ball hawk and a thumper. Like that Cisco kid in Jacksonville and the kid in Chicago. anyways done ranting. Onto the broncos 

Ballhawk...Honeybadger was an average cover guy and a so-so tackler but the dude was instinctual and decent "Ball-hawk". 

We don't really have that right now..

1 hour ago, artsy said:

They pass it for me. There's an old school rhythm to their offense. When Burrow dropped back, it looked almost impossible to stop them if the Chiefs didn't get to him right away.