It’s time for loyalty to go out the door Wylie needs to be replaced. We have options on the roster 

Christian

Niang

Kinnard

tego-wanogah

something needs to happen. Wylie is a back up guard nothing more. Offensive tackle and pass rush will cost this team another Super Bowl. Let’s find out if we need to draft two tackles (like the Seahawks) out if we have a candidate on the roster. I would like to see Niang or Kinnard given that opportunity

Sad thing is OBJ was just as bad if not worse today.  It truly is sad if this teams loses another year and opportunity for Mahomes because our tackles can't get their crap together.   With all that said, Kelce's fumble was the catastrophic straw that broke the camels back.

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Sad thing is OBJ was just as bad if not worse today.  It truly is sad if this teams loses another year and opportunity for Mahomes because our tackles can't get their crap together.   With all that said, Kelce's fumble was the catastrophic straw that broke the camels back.

I agree with all this. 

I’d honestly like to see Niang given a chance at LT and OBJ moved to the right side. But we all know the drama this would cause with OBJ. 

i only mentioned Wylie because obj won’t be benched but Wylie could and should. He’s good for a lineman down field every game. 

Dolphins signed OT Eric Fisher.

Fisher last played with the Colts in 2021, playing on a one-year deal after suffering a torn Achilles in 2020. The former No. 1 overall pick could line up at either tackle position for the Dolphins, with left tackle Terron Armstead (pectoral) and right tackle Austin Jackson (ankle) both dealing with injuries. Jackson was placed on injured reserve on Monday and will now miss at least the next four games, while Armstead could be in line for a Week 14 return against the Chargers. Fisher played on 874 last season with the Colts, allowing 41 pressures and seven sacks per PFF.

23 minutes ago, artsy said:

Just..WOW.

Especially when you consider our qb us in consideration for MVP and we traded Hill.  I thought about this last night.  What would it be like to have an Oline that Mahomes could sit back there and diagnose a play without having to run around all day.   I know he is great at that but when he has had the few chances to do that this year dang we tear up a D.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Especially when you consider our qb us in consideration for MVP and we traded Hill.  I thought about this last night.  What would it be like to have an Oline that Mahomes could sit back there and diagnose a play without having to run around all day.   I know he is great at that but when he has had the few chances to do that this year dang we tear up a D.

Oh yea...you are right. 

The few games were the online played "ok" and mahomes had time, he shredded defenses..

Quite frankly, I believe PM15 has spoiled Reid/EB, and they just ASSUME that no matter how the oline is playing, that PM15 will make chicken salad from chickens shit. They only time this year I saw an actual game plan to help PM15 and the offense was the 49er game. They threw quick passes, draw plays WR/RB screens etc to get the ball out fast!

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Oh yea...you are right. 

The few games were the online played "ok" and mahomes had time, he shredded defenses..

Quite frankly, I believe PM15 has spoiled Reid/EB, and they just ASSUME that no matter how the oline is playing, that PM15 will make chicken salad from chickens shit. They only time this year I saw an actual game plan to help PM15 and the offense was the 49er game. They threw quick passes, draw plays WR/RB screens etc to get the ball out fast!

We've known this since the TB superbowl loss. We went out their with a rag tag,  offensive line that might as well have been comprised of the neighborhood flag football church group, and Reid left that line with 0 help on almost 3/4 of Pats dropbacks. And admitted after the game that he didn't expect that much pressure.

Reid is Reid. Sometimes he just cannot see things that are blatant to everyone else. I still wouldn't trade him for much of anyone else as a HC. But he has large blind spots.

19 hours ago, Palangi said:

It’s time for loyalty to go out the door Wylie needs to be replaced. We have options on the roster 

Christian

Niang

Kinnard

tego-wanogah

something needs to happen. Wylie is a back up guard nothing more. Offensive tackle and pass rush will cost this team another Super Bowl. Let’s find out if we need to draft two tackles (like the Seahawks) out if we have a candidate on the roster. I would like to see Niang or Kinnard given that opportunity

We have these guys available yet continue to start Wylie. Not much of an endorsement for them if that can't get in the lineup. 

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Not good for sure. A percentage of drop backs would be a better stat. KC probably throws the ball more than most.

We pass 39.3 attempts per game or 4th most.   Team 20 passes 33.3.   Team 10 passes 35.8.   Couldn't find the list of most pressured so not sure how that correlates though.

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

We have these guys available yet continue to start Wylie. Not much of an endorsement for them if that can't get in the lineup. 

Really?  We had Harris and Gay last year and still went with Neimann. 

i thought this argument has been shown the door with this staff already?

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We've known this since the TB superbowl loss. We went out their with a rag tag,  offensive line that might as well have been comprised of the neighborhood flag football church group, and Reid left that line with 0 help on almost 3/4 of Pats dropbacks. And admitted after the game that he didn't expect that much pressure.

Reid is Reid. Sometimes he just cannot see things that are blatant to everyone else. I still wouldn't trade him for much of anyone else as a HC. But he has large blind spots.

Reid does have too much blind loyalty. It endears him to his players. But it also bites him in the butt on the field too

5 hours ago, artsy said:

Oh yea...you are right. 

How much of this is Mahomes telling the coaches he can figure it out though.  Keeping guys in to chip and adding extra help limits the players down field in position to make plays or at least hinders the ability to do so quickly.  Maybe Mahomes is convincing them he can make that chicken salad to give himself more targets.  Obviously I don't know this and this might be the farthest from the truth but Mahomes is a competitor and I can see him say the heck with this safe crap, give me guys down field.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

How much of this is Mahomes telling the coaches he can figure it out though.  Keeping guys in to chip and adding extra help limits the players down field in position to make plays or at least hinders the ability to do so quickly.  Maybe Mahomes is convincing them he can make that chicken salad to give himself more targets.  Obviously I don't know this and this might be the farthest from the truth but Mahomes is a competitor and I can see him say the heck with this safe crap, give me guys down field.  

I'm pretty sure PM15 has A LOT of say so, when it comes to the offense. And quite frankly, I dont know if that's a good thing. I know PM wanted Clyde, and I'm sure he says things like "Wylie's fine, he's a good player...blah, blah blah", just to sound like a good team/leader. Same with OBJ... 

But Reid watches the same damn games we watch and he should know better. JMO tho.

25 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I think the Orlando Brown as left tackle experiment is over.  He needs to move to RT for the rest of the year.  Thuney at LT and allegretti at lg has to be better than what we have now 

Brown at RT if he is to be resigned. If not let him become a FA and get a 3rd for his over priced ass in comp.

At this point OBJ should be aware that nobody is going to give him a massive LT deal and try to get as much as he can as a RT, where his value is likely higher. In our case I can see us drafting OTs with 2 of the first 3 picks. This offense needs a safe Mahomes more than anything else. 

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We pass 39.3 attempts per game or 4th most.   Team 20 passes 33.3.   Team 10 passes 35.8.   Couldn't find the list of most pressured so not sure how that correlates though.

There are 11 QBs that have passed over 400 attempts and 2 of those that have over 500. To me the differences in attempts for a lot of them is negligible. Bottom line.....our tackles absolutely blow. 

I have to wonder  with OBJs abysmal performance  on Sunday how much Thuney's absence  just made a bad situation worse. I'm not trying to excuse anything but trying to quantify the relationship.

and just an FYI  2023-2025 Thuney is a $22+M  left guard only  to be remotely considered to be cuttable in 2024. I think having OBJ as a LT and having over $40 mil ion the left side of the O-line is unfathomable. I think that seals the deal on OBJ..Bye Bye

YIKES! https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/joe-thuney-19028/

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I have to wonder  with OBJs abysmal performance  on Sunday how much Thuney's absence  just made a bad situation worse. I'm not trying to excuse anything but trying to quantify the relationship.

and just an FYI  2023-2025 Thuney is a $22+M  left guard only  to be remotely considered to be cuttable in 2024. I think having OBJ as a LT and having over $40 mil ion the left side of the O-line is unfathomable. I think that seals the deal on OBJ..Bye Bye

YIKES! https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/joe-thuney-19028/

OBJ is gone after this season for sure, glad he didn't accept last year's offer. I don't mind tying up huge money on the left side of the line but don't know if there are any viable FA options out there. A decent LT through the draft with Thuney next to him as he adjusts to the NFL may be the way to go for us which means we need to fix the immediate DL need in FA. Again it's a matter of who's available I guess. 

27 minutes ago, sith13 said:

OBJ is gone after this season for sure, glad he didn't accept last year's offer. I don't mind tying up huge money on the left side of the line but don't know if there are any viable FA options out there. A decent LT through the draft with Thuney next to him as he adjusts to the NFL may be the way to go for us which means we need to fix the immediate DL need in FA. Again it's a matter of who's available I guess. 

I'm more in line with Thuney at LT and draft a guard or an interior lineman in FA or couldwe hope someone on the roster could play LG?