25 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Cap crap will be no more next FA season. Would love to get that FA DE pass rusher, a tackle and safety before going into the draft. Or a stud dt next to Jones too. We can have anywhere from 20 mil up to 120 mil in cap space. Get those FAs before draft and load up on all the picks. We will have them after that for future/development and depth plus the starters we get from the draft.

Who are these studs that teams are going to let walk.  

Wanted to add this but our own OBJ is listed as a top 10 FA going  into 23 on quite a few lists.  Gives you an idea of what the FA class is like. 

1 minute ago, Okiechief1 said:

Its something to look at for sure but their are couple issues with it.  He played fine in a small sample size but we also don't know if they limited the offense and didn't run certain things due to his inexperience. In other words they proctected him  What happens if he is no better than brown handling the better edge rushers?  Then we are in the same boat again next year in some ways the whole line got weaker.  Moving him to LT is band aid imo.  Buys you some time but eventually to quit changing LTs every 2 years with Mahomes they need to bite the bullet and move up and draft one.   

agreed IF there is one  available and worth it

I do not believe we will get any big name FA's this year coming up. Simply because there really isn't any. I believe trading picks fpor players makes more sense now than I would like to admit. I believe Kc is a stud DE and a couple of above average safeties and a true # 1 WR from making a run for several years. 

7 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I do not believe we will get any big name FA's this year coming up. Simply because there really isn't any. I believe trading picks fpor players makes more sense now than I would like to admit. I believe Kc is a stud DE and a couple of above average safeties and a true # 1 WR from making a run for several years. 

LOL is that all??. and screw the O-line?

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

LOL is that all??. and screw the O-line?

I agree with you OT. We need a Good, solid, young LT. 

I say we trade up and grab one. (If he's even Eric Fisher average, he would be better than Brown.)

Extend CJ95, then Draft the best DT available in the 2nd/3rd rnd.....

Go out and sign the best "young" FA DE we can afford. 

Let Thornhill walk, and go with Cook/Devon Bush/FA..

Re-Sign JuJu...If he's reasonable. Dont' overpay!

And let's go win a couple more SBs!!

Some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read 

the bengals had one plan, stop Chris jones. In the playoffs and big games the opposing coaches clearly are narrowing their scope. 11 games of tape showing one guy doing work. 

how about maybe some of those ass hats who are one on one get some pressure ?

Chris jones is the best interior lineman in football at this moment 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read 

the bengals had one plan, stop Chris jones. In the playoffs and big games the opposing coaches clearly are narrowing their scope. 11 games of tape showing one guy doing work. 

how about maybe some of those ass hats who are one on one get some pressure ?

Chris jones is the best interior lineman in football at this moment 

And I believe he had 2 sacks in the last playoff game he played.

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Wanted to add this but our own OBJ is listed as a top 10 FA going  into 23 on quite a few lists.  Gives you an idea of what the FA class is like. 

Javon Hargrave at DT, good interior pass rusher.

Daron Payne for a run stuffing DT who also has become better at oass rushing too.

Darvin Tomlison DT

Dremont Jones DT, the Jones brothers!

Jack Conklin OT if healthy and we do our due diligence. 

Elgton Jenkins who can play RT for us but has done center, LT and LG too.

Matt Pryor OT

Riley Reiff RT.

Mike Mcglinchey RT.

Jessie Bates S. Want him for sure.

Jordan Poyer S. He has played well this year

Jimmie Ward S

Yannick Ngakoue DE

Marcus Davenport DE, if he can stay healthy but might be worth a 1 year flyer.

Brandon Graham DE

Chase Winovich DE

Trey Flowers DE

There are plenty more.

Draft looks to be deep at DE too. Also with the draft looking to be very deep at QB this will mean other players slide down. I think with this FA and draft picks we will be in a great position for many years. 

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Daron Payne for a run stuffing DT who also has become better at oass rushing too.

Darvin Tomlison DT

Matt Pryor OT

Riley Reiff RT.

Mike Mcglinchey RT.

Jimmie Ward S

Yannick Ngakoue DE

Brandon Graham DE

Chase Winovich DE

Trey Flowers DE

There are plenty more.

Draft looks to be deep at DE too. Also with the draft looking to be very deep at QB this will mean other players slide down. I think with this FA and draft picks we will be in a great position for many years. 

I can agree with that.   Some of those guys i know by name only so will take your word on if they would be a good fit and if they are agree with us being in a good position.  

I'm curious about Kinnard. When the Chiefs drafted him a lot of analysts said it was a "steal" in the draft. He wasn't just some scrub in college. Here are a few of his accolades:

• Played in 46 career games with 39 consecutive starts
  • Played right tackle on the “Big Blue Wall” and was an essential component for the O-Line unit, recognized for the Joe Moore Award, given to the nation’s top offensive line, four straight seasons, including finalists in 2021
  • Earned consensus First-Team All-American status as a senior, UK’s first offensive lineman to hold that distinction since Sam Ball in 1965 … UK’s 12th Consensus All-American
  • Awarded the 2021 Jacobs Blocking Trophy

And yet it appears he is barely considered more than a JAG. What's the deal?

11 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

It is an abysmal year and some bad teams have a lot of money meaning there are going to be a plethora of mid tier players making bank.   Not a great year to get a lot better in FA.  Maybe we can find a guy coming off an injury to help, but we will have to keep drafting really well and extend our good players. Its not completely ideal but its far from tragic.  There is a path to fix the holes on this teams and get better in other areas. Crazy when you consider we are 9-3 in a rebuilding year.   We will be fine barring injuries.  Veach has already starting stock piling talented underperforming wrs on the PS.   We have a great GM.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, timmy_6262 said:

Veach really needs to look long and hard about trading Jones this offseason just like Hill.  I like Jones but he costs way too much for him to just disappear in the playoffs and big games.  His 25+ million salary could easily go towards a LT, RT, or WR.  Trade him while still under team control and under 30 just like Hill.  We could easily get a 2nd maybe more for him.  They always say the contract year is undefeated and when you look at Jones stats season by season its easy to tell when there is a lot of contract talk.  I'm just worried his next contract will be absolutely massive and he will just keep on disappearing on the biggest stages and we will be stuck with is ridiculous contract for 5 more years.

Dx:  Certifiably insane. :lol:

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

I'm curious about Kinnard. When the Chiefs drafted him a lot of analysts said it was a "steal" in the draft. He wasn't just some scrub in college. Here are a few of his accolades:

• Played in 46 career games with 39 consecutive starts
  • Played right tackle on the “Big Blue Wall” and was an essential component for the O-Line unit, recognized for the Joe Moore Award, given to the nation’s top offensive line, four straight seasons, including finalists in 2021
  • Earned consensus First-Team All-American status as a senior, UK’s first offensive lineman to hold that distinction since Sam Ball in 1965 … UK’s 12th Consensus All-American
  • Awarded the 2021 Jacobs Blocking Trophy

And yet it appears he is barely considered more than a JAG. What's the deal?

His preseason games were pretty bad. 

5 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

His preseason games were pretty bad. 

Yes I know. Just trying to figure how a consensus 1st team All American lineman from one of the top Olines in college football becomes so bad. Guess some talented college players can't make the jump to the pros. So is Kinnard a "swing and a miss" pick or does anyone believe he can be developed into a starter?

35 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yes I know. Just trying to figure how a consensus 1st team All American lineman from one of the top Olines in college football becomes so bad. Guess some talented college players can't make the jump to the pros. So is Kinnard a "swing and a miss" pick or does anyone believe he can be developed into a starter?

Quite a bit of rookies suck during their first preseason camp and turn out to be solid players for years to come. Don't know where he's at right now but Wylie edging him out few months ago may not necessarily mean that Kinnard is still worse. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Staff still believe he can be developed as i don't think they have ever tried to get him thru waivers onto the practice squad.  Even with the college accolades and playing in SEC he still lasted till the 5th.   

Sith is right it can take a year or 2 sometimes.   Brian Waters spent a couple years in NFL Europe while devolping.  Kinda wish they still had somethin like that for today.  

On 12/6/2022 at 11:43 AM, artsy said:

I agree with you OT. We need a Good, solid, young LT. 

I say we trade up and grab one. (If he's even Eric Fisher average, he would be better than Brown.)

Extend CJ95, then Draft the best DT available in the 2nd/3rd rnd.....

Go out and sign the best "young" FA DE we can afford. 

Let Thornhill walk, and go with Cook/Devon Bush/FA..

Re-Sign JuJu...If he's reasonable. Dont' overpay!

And let's go win a couple more SBs!!

Only problem is this FA class sucks and there aren't any DE's that will move the needle.  You either trade up in the first for your DE or that LT.    

I think they are going to give Brown a contract that none of us will like but won't be elite and then go after that DE in the draft.   

Love the rest of the stuff you said.  Extending CJ95 and Sneed are a must.    

Resigning Juju is also up there since there is no other option.  Only way they don't do this is if Moore goes off in the playoffs and Toney gets healthy and stays healthy the could possibly move on.   Juju is a little injury prone himself and he is going to cost a lot so while its probably the best move we could make it does have its risks.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, kkuenn said:

Darvin Tomlison DT

Matt Pryor OT

Riley Reiff RT.

Mike Mcglinchey RT.

Jimmie Ward S

Yannick Ngakoue DE

Brandon Graham DE

Chase Winovich DE

Trey Flowers DE

There are plenty more.

I would likely go for a RT and DT as the primary FA targets and look to compliment with a DE like Flowers or Winovich who could provide an Ogbah-like surprise.

We'll likely have to look at the draft for LT and with the position being paramount for this franchise I wouldn't even rule out trading up but some players will likely slide.

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

I would likely go for a RT and DT as the primary FA targets and look to compliment with a DE like Flowers or Winovich who could provide an Ogbah-like surprise.

We'll likely have to look at the draft for LT and with the position being paramount for this franchise I wouldn't even rule out trading up but some players will likely slide.

Thing is, we need to use the FA to get those players we can get and need. Draft then will be about getting depth, filling that one or so need, and future players with development.

I hope we can get a good dt next to Jones. I hope we can get, OT help so we can go into the draft and move up if needed or go after Clark's replacement etc. There will be good FA out there for us to look at. Maybe some want to come here for a chance at the sb ring? 

I think we need to come out of the off season with a stud OT and DE. With 10 rookies making the team and 8 of those playing, we can sacrifice some day 2 and 3 picks to move up and grab one of those 2 positions. 

We need a safety to replace Thornhill/Reid.  A WR to replace JJ/Hardman. But we can live with issues there if we can protect and get pressure.

Niang was an elite pass protector coming out of college it would be nice if he could take the LT spot. But his injury history is scary to trust a guy at that position. 

i would Definitely like to see what we have in Kinnard. If he isn’ta pro tackle then develop him at LG to replace Thuney in 2 years. As the money for creed will be needed