57 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

All depends on what his demands are.  Contract year was eerily similar to his first year.  Slow start and then he comes on strong at the end.  If he wants to be the highest paid LT then you have to tag and trade him.  As much as I wouldn't want to pay him 20 million a year that will be a bargain in 2 years and there is continuity with him coming back.  That isn't highest paid money but its life changing money for sure.   I think Wylie could be upgraded much easier and much cheaper and that would raise the level of the entire Oline more than mortgaging the farm to upgrade OBJ.

Yeah.  Wylie has been better of late, also.  But yes, a top RT would help everything...including a mediocre LT, and for cheaper.  Now that the O line is gelling, I would like to see the chemistry continue to develop. It sure has been a slow process trying to replace Schwartz, hasn't it?

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah.  Wylie has been better of late, also.  But yes, a top RT would help everything...including a mediocre LT, and for cheaper.  Now that the O line is gelling, I would like to see the chemistry continue to develop. It sure has been a slow process trying to replace Schwartz, hasn't it?

I also really like Allgretti. He just comes to work with his lunch box. 

16 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think it's too little too late. We need solid guys at OT to take the line into the next level. We have the best QB in the NFL with an up and coming youngster at RB, a solid line in front of them will have a huge impact. Teams have to stop Mahomes so the line should always be improving to keep the MVP upright. 

OBJ has most definitely earned his pay this second half of the season. He's proven himself, and the rest of the OL has seemed to improve somewhat as well.

If he wants to demand top dollar, he had BETTER have an amazing post-season. That's where those dollars are earned.

18 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Injuries happen but losing him and Fisher that year derailed a great opportunity to go back to back.  I know that game ended up looking lopsided but that game was super close in the 2nd quarter before the refs decided they wanted to gift the Bucs multiple chances to score. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I think it's too little too late. We need solid guys at OT to take the line into the next level. We have the best QB in the NFL with an up and coming youngster at RB, a solid line in front of them will have a huge impact. Teams have to stop Mahomes so the line should always be improving to keep the MVP upright. 

You can scheme around one tackle but when both of our tackles were struggling earlier on it wasn't pretty.  OBJ and Wylie have played better as of late but I think upgrading the RT spot will be easier and cheaper.  I still believe they will make OBJ an offer similar to last years offer (20m apy range) and try and get that position settled before the draft/FA.  OBJ would be wise to accept it this go around and we would be wise to get this done quickly as other LT are going to continue to reset the market.  

59 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You can scheme around one tackle but when both of our tackles were struggling earlier on it wasn't pretty.  OBJ and Wylie have played better as of late but I think upgrading the RT spot will be easier and cheaper.  I still believe they will make OBJ an offer similar to last years offer (20m apy range) and try and get that position settled before the draft/FA.  OBJ would be wise to accept it this go around and we would be wise to get this done quickly as other LT are going to continue to reset the market.  

Personally I would feel much better tagging OBJ and picking his replacement in this draft assuming we can't land a starting LT in 1st. Upgrading RT immediately makes a ton of sense and as you said it'll be much cheaper.

There's definitely some improvement at the OT performance as the season went on but I still think Mahomes is running for his life way too much to consider them viable guys. At this point I believe it's a matter of finding a realistic path for the overhaul.

I think OBJ gets tagged or signs a reasonable deal. The Chiefs "window" is wide open and we all know Veach pays the guys that are sure fire worth keeping (Mahomes, Kelce...)  A very good LT is absolutely critical for MVPat.

Keep Brown...even if tagged and clear up  WR, RT, Safety this off season.

w

Curious if we can tag and package OBJ with our 1st to move up to early teens and pick a solid LT prospect. The learning curve can't be worse than his start to this season so we could be looking at a definite fix at the position without the headache of that huge contract.