I’m sorry but Nnadi and Stallworth are waste of roster space right now. It’s time to make a change and get out 2 space eaters ready for the playoff run. Cut Stallworth and inactivate Nnadi. Both guys are superior run strippers and show more pass rush than either of these two. But they can rotate next to jones and bring Sanders in solely as a pass rush DT. 
maybe bring Kaindoh up over Mike (I’m not going to hit Burrow) Danna. 

Brandon Williams

Danny Shelton

https://youtu.be/SMBx2Z6iXkg

21 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know. D line had a very apathetic game. I feel like DE is our biggest weakness. Nobody that can turn the corner. Jones and Saunders are solid. The other guys are just depth in my mind. Never been a Nnadi fan.

Jones turned in another playoff level game....0 sacks...biggest games and he goes missing.  thats a lot of money wasted on an invisible player in the bright lights and biggest games.

33 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

Jones turned in another playoff level game....0 sacks...biggest games and he goes missing.  thats a lot of money wasted on an invisible player in the bright lights and biggest games.

Well, I won't put that on Jones.  They had 2 to 3 guys committed to him on almost every passing snap.  I put it on the other guys.  The attention he draws, should open those other sup, if they weren't backup level players that is!  

14 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, I won't put that on Jones.  They had 2 to 3 guys committed to him on almost every passing snap.  I put it on the other guys.  The attention he draws, should open those other sup, if they weren't backup level players that is!  

Yea he was being doubled and tripled all night. You would those other guys would have stepped up and beat their lone guy blocking them. It was a pathetic night from the dline thats for sure.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know. D line had a very apathetic game. I feel like DE is our biggest weakness. Nobody that can turn the corner. Jones and Saunders are solid. The other guys are just depth in my mind. Never been a Nnadi fan.

Which is why I’d like to see Stallworth cut and Nnadi inactive. Bring the other two up to play. They can atleast push the pocket back. Especially if jones is taking all the attention. Something needs to change. And both Shelton and Williams will really help to shut down the run game

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Which is why I’d like to see Stallworth cut and Nnadi inactive. Bring the other two up to play. They can atleast push the pocket back. Especially if jones is taking all the attention. Something needs to change. And both Shelton and Williams will really help to shut down the run game

I was really surprised Shelton didn’t make the 53.

2 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

5-6 players blocking our front 4.  Yeah, he was doubled, but if you’re gonna make those big bucks, you gotta come through.  The whole front sucks ,  but 43 million against the cap (29 of that is jones) is coming from jones and Clark.  Danna and Stallworth both make less than a million a year. Point is, Jones makes up 14% of our cap this year.  I don’t care if he’s being triple teamed, you take that money, you’ve gotta get the job done 

13 minutes ago, moons314 said:

5-6 players blocking our front 4.  Yeah, he was doubled, but if you’re gonna make those big bucks, you gotta come through.  The whole front sucks ,  but 43 million against the cap (29 of that is jones) is coming from jones and Clark.  Danna and Stallworth both make less than a million a year. Point is, Jones makes up 14% of our cap this year.  I don’t care if he’s being triple teamed, you take that money, you’ve gotta get the job done 

Any other position and I would agree.  DT and DB are the two positions that you can scheme out a dominant player pretty easily.  Other guys have to step up but thats the rub.  We draft/sign big slow DE's and expect them to bend around the edge and none of our guys can.  We do not have a speed rusher on this roster and yet that is how you have to win in todays NFL unless you are a super freak like Myles Garrett or the Bosas.   What makes it worse is they aren't even good vs the run which is why Spags likes them bigger and stronger.

40 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I am sure a Dt eating up 2-3 blocks is exactly what you want. It frees things up for everyone else in the run game and the passing game. The problem is in the passing game we do not have anyone that can get pressure. Everyone besides CJ needs to be let go. I do not expect you to get pressure everytime but you should be able to beat your man 35% of the time. Its pathetic and a really bads evaluation of talent that has led us up to this point. No granted Veach has done some incredible things for sure but D-Line is not one of them. For as much praise as he gets for great things he does he also needs his feet held to the fire for the bad ones. See exibit A------>  D-line.

16 minutes ago, moons314 said:

If you can scheme a dt out of a game and make him nonexistent, why are we paying ours nearly 30 million this year?  That’s not a very good case for keeping jones around in my mind. 

Because he's our only GOOD pass rusher. CJ95 has improved his run defense over the years and I applaud him for that. Early in his career, he flat out sucked against the run. 

He was double and triple teamed last night. I kept rewinding the Cincy pass plays looking at him and they had his ass locked up with 2 to 3 people everytime. Even when spags brought 5, they always had two people blocking CJ. 

When spags brought 6, they left a TE and RB in to block. They (Cincy) had an excellent game plan to neutralize  our only pass rusher and our blitz scheme. It gave Burrow enough time to pick on Williams all night long. 

As we all know this is a copycat league and teams like Buffalo have the athletes to run the same type of offense. 

I think they should move CJ back out to DE, plug Dunlap over on the other side, bring up Shelton and B. Williams for needed run support to rotate with Saunders/Stallworth and roll with that. 

Oh yea, bench Thornhill's soft ass and play the rookie Cooks. 

26 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I am sure a Dt eating up 2-3 blocks is exactly what you want. It frees things up for everyone else in the run game and the passing game. The problem is in the passing game we do not have anyone that can get pressure. Everyone besides CJ needs to be let go. I do not expect you to get pressure everytime but you should be able to beat your man 35% of the time. Its pathetic and a really bads evaluation of talent that has led us up to this point. No granted Veach has done some incredible things for sure but D-Line is not one of them. For as much praise as he gets for great things he does he also needs his feet held to the fire for the bad ones. See exibit A------>  D-line.

30 million dollars. Eating up blockers isn’t enough when you’re making qb money as defensive linemen.  We’re not paying Mahomes bc he makes easy plays, we pay him for the plays he make that other people can’t.  Same goes for jones.  

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

30 million dollars. Eating up blockers isn’t enough when you’re making qb money as defensive linemen.  We’re not paying Mahomes bc he makes easy plays, we pay him for the plays he make that other people can’t.  Same goes for jones.  

I think you are being a little unrealistic. Most teams at least have other players on their d line that command some kind of attention. The guy is out here playing next to a bunch of scrubs.

Buffalo's RESERVE defensive line is Boogie Basham, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips, and Shaq Lawson. Those are their BACKUPS. And that's only because Von is on IR. One of those players is normally a 3rd stringer.

The point is that we have Chris Jones, and Carlos Dunlap as our only consistent pass rush threats. Karlaftis, Saunders, and Danna flash something once in awhile but they really aren't giving you much more than you'd expect any nfl reserve to give. 

We truly may have the worst talent and depth in the league in our defensive line room. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think you are being a little unrealistic. Most teams at least have other players on their d line that command some kind of attention. The guy is out here playing next to a bunch of scrubs.

Buffalo's RESERVE defensive line is Boogie Basham, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips, and Shaq Lawson. Those are their BACKUPS. And that's only because Von is on IR. One of those players is normally a 3rd stringer.

The point is that we have Chris Jones, and Carlos Dunlap as our only consistent pass rush threats. Karlaftis, Saunders, and Danna flash something once in awhile but they really aren't giving you much more than you'd expect any nfl reserve to give. 

We truly may have the worst talent and depth in the league in our defensive line room. 

Agree Jones is the only play maker on that side of the ball. Maybe Bolton. Dline is not the worst in the entire league but certainly has room for improvement. Reid also looks like a poor signing. The Safety play is not great. D gets few meaningful turnovers. To me its much more than the dline. We know what the defense is. Average.

KC lost because the offense failed to execute at a high level. The money & focus is on that side of the ball. Chiefs D played well enough to get a win. The offense was not good enough. Mahomes was not good enough on this day. Reid did not make adjustments from the AFCCG. Same result second half. The offense lost this game.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They are able to have quality depth because they don't have a ghost at DT making almost 30 million dollars. The highest paid player on the Bills DL has a cap hit of 6.2 million.

9 hours ago, artsy said:

Because he's our only GOOD pass rusher. CJ95 has improved his run defense over the years and I applaud him for that. Early in his career, he flat out sucked against the run. 

He was double and triple teamed last night. I kept rewinding the Cincy pass plays looking at him and they had his ass locked up with 2 to 3 people everytime. Even when spags brought 5, they always had two people blocking CJ. 

When spags brought 6, they left a TE and RB in to block. They (Cincy) had an excellent game plan to neutralize  our only pass rusher and our blitz scheme. It gave Burrow enough time to pick on Williams all night long. 

As we all know this is a copycat league and teams like Buffalo have the athletes to run the same type of offense. 

I think they should move CJ back out to DE, plug Dunlap over on the other side, bring up Shelton and B. Williams for needed run support to rotate with Saunders/Stallworth and roll with that. 

Oh yea, bench Thornhill's soft ass and play the rookie Cooks. 

Not a bad idea. At the minimum move CJ around so it’s not so easy for lineman to pick him up. Shit, did we run any stunts yesterday? 
maybe when playoffs start we will have a nascar package and Reid didnt want to show it. 😁

8 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree Jones is the only play maker on that side of the ball. Maybe Bolton. Dline is not the worst in the entire league but certainly has room for improvement. Reid also looks like a poor signing. The Safety play is not great. D gets few meaningful turnovers. To me its much more than the dline. We know what the defense is. Average.

KC lost because the offense failed to execute at a high level. The money & focus is on that side of the ball. Chiefs D played well enough to get a win. The offense was not good enough. Mahomes was not good enough on this day. Reid did not make adjustments from the AFCCG. Same result second half. The offense lost this game.

We actually scored the 2nd half this time

9 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Not a bad idea. At the minimum move CJ around so it’s not so easy for lineman to pick him up. Shit, did we run any stunts yesterday? 
maybe when playoffs start we will have a nascar package and Reid didnt want to show it. 😁

I think they already tried him at DE but that didn't turn out to be as effective. However they need to figure something out to shake things up at pass rush. 

On 12/4/2022 at 10:47 PM, Palangi said:

I’m sorry but Nnadi and Stallworth are waste of roster space right now. It’s time to make a change and get out 2 space eaters ready for the playoff run. Cut Stallworth and inactivate Nnadi. Both guys are superior run strippers and show more pass rush than either of these two. But they can rotate next to jones and bring Sanders in solely as a pass rush DT. 
maybe bring Kaindoh up over Mike (I’m not going to hit Burrow) Danna. 

Brandon Williams

Danny Shelton

https://youtu.be/SMBx2Z6iXkg

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/6/23496754/chiefs-waive-taylor-stallworth-roster

They better do something. It’s one of the things I’ve noticed after re watching games. Seth wrote about it too. 

as a group, they aren’t doing either thing well as a foursome. They can’t pressure or stop the run without scheming shit up. If the chiefs come up short of a superbowl, it’s going to be on the dline imo.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

They better do something. It’s one of the things I’ve noticed after re watching games. Seth wrote about it too. 

as a group, they aren’t doing either thing well as a foursome. They can’t pressure or stop the run without scheming shit up. If the chiefs come up short of a superbowl, it’s going to be on the dline imo.

Yeah that is the frustrating part.  We sign and draft bigger slow guys because they are suppose to be stout vs the run yet we are terrible in both facets.