Eric fisher to the dolphins

your Pal AFC WEst already posted that in another thread.  I didn't read the link the he provided and not sure if he was considered depth for LT or both T positions or at what cost but one would hope the front office considered him. Makes me wonder why the lack of trying to sign ex players who played admirably in the past? Are those bridges burnt soo badly?

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

your Pal AFC WEst already posted that in another thread.  I didn't read the link the he provided and not sure if he was considered depth for LT or both T positions or at what cost but one would hope the front office considered him. Makes me wonder why the lack of trying to sign ex players who played admirably in the past? Are those bridges burnt soo badly?

Good question OT.

I thought we should've took a swing Justin Houston and Eric Fisher..at least for depth ya know...

Could it be that Eric Fisher isn't very good any more.   OBJ played horrible on Sunday but the previous 7 weeks he has been pretty good.  What would signing Fisher accomplish?  He isn't a RT and that is our biggest weakness on the OL.  

As far as Houston is concerned, there were bridges burned that can never be rebuilt. 

26 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Could it be that Eric Fisher isn't very good any more.   OBJ played horrible on Sunday but the previous 7 weeks he has been pretty good.  What would signing Fisher accomplish?  He isn't a RT and that is our biggest weakness on the OL.  

As far as Houston is concerned, there were bridges burned that can never be rebuilt. 

Niang is playing on special teams.  What does that say about him that he can’t unseat Wylie?

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Fisher did a decent job at RT in his rookie season. Obviously he has been at LT for far too long to not stay there but I wouldn't mind Fisher at LT with OBJ at RT at this point. Can't be too picky with a crap OT play like this 

14 hours ago, SEMO said:

Niang is playing on special teams.  What does that say about him that he can’t unseat Wylie?

Normally it says he sucks but this team has a propensity to play crappy players over more talented ones.  Also, this coaching staff is loyal to a fault and they won't make that move unless Wylie gets hurt no matter if he gets Mahomes killed because of continuity or something.

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

Fisher did a decent job at RT in his rookie season. Obviously he has been at LT for far too long to not stay there but I wouldn't mind Fisher at LT with OBJ at RT at this point. Can't be too picky with a crap OT play like this 

Maybe, but Fisher got worked when he was healthy and younger with bull rushers.  What about now?   Not sure OBJ will be any better for us on the right side as the left side.  He just isn't a great fit.   I sometimes think about what things would be like if Trent Williams was our LT.