Any trap games in the 5 left?

27 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I wish home field was not on the line. Chiefs may be better off coasting a bit to the playoffs, working on some things like running the ball and resting guys like Kelce. They can rest the team by giving guys less snaps, more rotations and some entire games off.  Give the back ups more playing time.

Not a bad idea just wondering how that would play inside the locker room.  Telling a dude like Kelce Youre on a snap count might not go over well if he is healthy lol. Even though its done for the right reasons some guys might see it as giving up with #1 still in play.  You get Mahomes n Kelce to buy in the rest i think would follow that lead.  

3 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Not a bad idea just wondering how that would play inside the locker room.  Telling a dude like Kelce Youre on a snap count might not go over well if he is healthy lol. Even though its done for the right reasons some guys might see it as giving up with #1 still in play.  You get Mahomes n Kelce to buy in the rest i think would follow that lead.  

Do you have to announce it? 

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Not too far off , letting them set their season high. Good shit 

If playoffs started this week KC would be facing the Chargers with a healthy Mike Williams and many other injured guys coming back. Would not like that game next week. Fortunately: Chiefs have time to dump EB and get back on track. LOL 

Let Nagy call plays.

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

If playoffs started this week KC would be facing the Chargers with a healthy Mike Williams and many other injured guys coming back. Would not like that game next week. Fortunately: Chiefs have time to dump EB and get back on track. LOL 

Let Nagy call plays.

Good news is, the short passing game of LA is more playing to our strength.

id rather play them than anyone else 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Good news is, the short passing game of LA is more playing to our strength.

id rather play them than anyone else 

With Williams they can throw it all over the field. Against the KC D they can throw it all over the field. They shut down Miami. Chargers have about 7 starters almost ready to return. Now its the Chargers so next week they can lose to Tenn. or any game after that.

If KC is playing them next week I dont see KC winning next week. Glad they are not. Chiefs D is a mess. 

Playoff time who knows. 

38 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Do you have to announce it? 

To the team maybe not but i can't see Reid just cutting Kelces snap count and not letting him know. Kelce is one guy that has earned that kind of respect.   Reid isnt a do i say because i said so kind of coach i think he probably get a few key guys on board and get them to see the big picture and go from there.  

Just now, Okiechief1 said:

To the team maybe not but i can't see Reid just cutting Kelces snap count and not letting him know. Kelce is one guy that has earned that kind of respect.   Reid isnt a do i say because i said so kind of coach i think he probably get a few key guys on board and get them to see the big picture and go from there.  

Yes and Kelce would probably be ok. He could rest on plays he is a blocker. A few plays off or a series or two could give him more juice in the playoffs and extend his career. Is it stats or SB? 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Very unfortunate. Draft impact less than I expected. Free agent Reid is not very good. Ranked 25th and faced two third string QBs.

Turning it over and putting them on the field more than they should isn’t helping. Those three picks were terrible. There were defenders everywhere. It’s ok to run it. It’s ok to punt the ball. 

20 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Turning it over and putting them on the field more than they should isn’t helping. Those three picks were terrible. There were defenders everywhere. It’s ok to run it. It’s ok to punt the ball. 

Yes agree. That said its still a really really poor defense. It was against a historic pathetic offense. I think KC Brass figured this was a reset year and is surprised to still be 10-3. I know I am. Other than McDuffie & Pacheko the drafted players have been average so far. Next year may, MAY, see more improvement. Defense seems to get worse each week and has not had many injuries.

Spags: " NO Blitz It No Biscuit ".  Does not have any playmakers other than Jones. 

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes agree. That said its still a really really poor defense. It was against a historic pathetic offense. I think KC Brass figured this was a reset year and is surprised to still be 10-3. I know I am. Other than McDuffie & Pacheko the drafted players have been average so far. Next year may, MAY, see more improvement. Defense seems to get worse each week and has not had many injuries.

Spags: " NO Blitz No Biscuit ".  Does not have any playmakers other than Jones. 

Karloftis is coming along now. Cook has looked good out there. 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes both are coming along and still average at this time. Karloftis is a #1 pick. Should not be a project?

Many take time to learn spags defense. Also it is bot an instant plug and play in the nfl. I think he is coming along nicely and it will benefit us here soon enough. What is up with Chenal? Have not seen much if him at all.

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Many take time to learn spags defense. Also it is bot an instant plug and play in the nfl. I think he is coming along nicely and it will benefit us here soon enough. What is up with Chenal? Have not seen much if him at all.

Harris gay Bolton is what’s up 

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I think Im losing faith in Spags. Not sure. Seems to be a Blitz Happy Guy. Defense not improving and second half adjustments not there. 

58 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Im losing faith in Spags. Not sure. Seems to be a Blitz Happy Guy. Defense not improving and second half adjustments not there. 

We gave up 106 yards on the ground and 214 net passing yards, 66 of those passing yards on the 1 big play.  We were cruising until Patrick gave them 2 short fields. They forced 7 punts, had 6 sacks, scored a touchdown and held them to 17 first downs with 2 interceptions.  I don't think it was that bad of game defensively.   Maybe not great, but not that bad.   The one big play to Mack and a weak ass 40 yard DPI on 4th down hurt for sure.  

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

He had one of the best dlines ever in ny. He doesn’t have that here. He needs to adjust slightly but overall I’m not sure how much better you will do than Spags. He actually adjust in game. 

21 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He had one of the best dlines ever in ny. He doesn’t have that here. He needs to adjust slightly but overall I’m not sure how much better you will do than Spags. He actually adjust in game. 

Gunther was the same way and he was genius when he had 2 lock down corners, DT and Neil Smith and Dan  Salamuela(sp?) he came back with a bunch of GRob's nobodies and looked like a Buffon.  Buddy & Rex Ryan were the same way. You live by the blitz and you die by the blitz kinda like Andy he lives by the pass and dies by the pass.

Spags aint going anywhere and I dont see anyone out there that I would consider being better with the cast of characters he has.. remember Veach is the grocery shopper.

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I wish home field was not on the line. Chiefs may be better off coasting a bit to the playoffs, working on some things like running the ball and resting guys like Kelce. They can rest the team by giving guys less snaps, more rotations and some entire games off.  Give the back ups more playing time.

Here's an idea.  How about giving Wylie a rest and seeing if Niang is ready to take back the RT job.  

Ok, gonna offer alittle different spin!  This defense was DOMINATING that game in the first half.  My opinion, they thought it was in the bag, and kind of let up.  Then the unthinkable happened and MAHOMES let them back in the game.  That screen pass was the PERFECT call against the d we had dialed up.  That happens sometimes.  I don't believe the defense is as bad as everyone is making it out to be.  I think when it was 27-0 evveryone (including me) thought the game was over and had to try to get back into it!

9 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Ok, gonna offer alittle different spin!  This defense was DOMINATING that game in the first half.  My opinion, they thought it was in the bag, and kind of let up.  Then the unthinkable happened and MAHOMES let them back in the game.  That screen pass was the PERFECT call against the d we had dialed up.  That happens sometimes.  I don't believe the defense is as bad as everyone is making it out to be.  I think when it was 27-0 evveryone (including me) thought the game was over and had to try to get back into it!

The Chiefs get gashed by the screen game nearly every week.  Something is missing in the D to let that happen so often.  Better figure it out soon.