Chiefs Broncos Gameday Thread

30 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I don’t like moral victories but this was about as greasy a win as they come.  I went for a hike for the first half, tried to enjoy the beautiful Scottsdale afternoon.  Come back to this…what is going on with the coaches?  

Chiefs have had a lot of wins this year that easily could have been loses. Lack of turn overs isnt helping. I think KC is like -5. 

I think this was an immoral victory. 

8 minutes ago, 58shineson said:

Pacheco!!!  Why was he not getting Carries???

It's because Pacheco isn't trusted to pass block and McKinnon is.  Putting in Pacheco just advertises that the pass game is not happening.  I agree that Pacheco is a better option than McKinnon and much less likely to get an injury but Andy just won't give up the pass in any situation option  JMHO

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs have had a lot of wins this year that easily could have been loses. Lack of turn overs isnt helping. I think KC is like -5. 

I think this was an imoral victory. 

I'm concerned for this team. Hope I'm wrong and they get it together, but not sure they will. They do always step up in the playoffs, but I won't be surprised if they get handled by the Bills or Bengals.

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'm concerned for this team. Hope I'm wrong and they get it together, but not sure they will. They do always step up in the playoffs, but I won't be surprised if they get handled by the Bills or Bengals.

Any team in the play offs can beat KC. The good Qbs torch this defense. KC played two teams with their top QBs out. The defense ranking stats are misleading. NO real pass rush means Mahomes and the offense will need to play almost perfect. The good news we have seen that many times. 

I don’t want to sound like a hypocrite so I will say this.  Anytime we play a division team it will always be tough no matter how good or bad either team is.  That reason alone makes me feel slightly better.  I always say this to opposing teams so I have to live by it.  I think that goes for most of the nfl though. Division games are almost always tough ones. 

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes threw 3 INTs. That's not normal. Spags getting outcoached every week is normal. 

I think the needing to blitz and poor safety play makes it difficult for Spags. Chiefs do not have enough play makers on D and  the safety Reid is not good enough for his contract. Chiefs dont get enough turnovers.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the needing to blitz and poor safety play makes it difficult for Spags. Chiefs do not have enough play makers on D and  the safety Reid is not good enough for his contract. Chiefs dont get enough turnovers.

How many times have these defenders been told to turn your head over their careers?  It’s simple, you turn your head the flag doesn’t get thrown.

1 minute ago, Mr Ev said:

How many times have these defenders been told to turn your head over their careers?  It’s simple, you turn your head the flag doesn’t get thrown.

Its not just the Dbs. Its not just turning your head. Its just they get beat and are having to cover too long unless KC blitz. Blitz often equals man to man and a matchup issues. If you dont get there you usually get beat.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Its not just the Dbs. Its not just turning your head. Its just they get beat and are having to cover too long unless KC blitz. Blitz often equals man to man and a matchup issues. If you dont get there you usually get beat.

What’s up w the pass rush slipping?  I see them falling all over.

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Well the postive thing is the geldings probably feel good about this game and therefore keep Hackett and Wilson for a while. 

Hopefully, Wilson is ok, but I also hope he hasn’t figured it out in Denver.  He started to get in a groove there at the end.

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

I lost count of how many times a defender had a straight line to mahomes, why didn’t we give brown some help. That crap blows my mind 

Shocking at this point of the season.  

18 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Any team in the play offs can beat KC. The good Qbs torch this defense. KC played two teams with their top QBs out. The defense ranking stats are misleading. NO real pass rush means Mahomes and the offense will need to play almost perfect. The good news we have seen that many times. 

Maybe learn from all the other blown leads and run it. Cost them dearly against cincy. Run the ball. Eat the clock. Play to the strength of the oline. 

Just now, Calichief said:

Maybe learn from all the other blown leads and run it. Cost them dearly against cincy. Run the ball. Eat the clock. Play to the strength of the oline. 

I had that dream too. Then when I woke up it was a fairytale. Its never going to happen with Reid.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

No. It’s not. And it’s gonna cost them … AGAIN 

Yes it is. Reid has been here how many years? He is not going to change. He was the guy that could not win the big games. He did win it in KC and did not run the ball then. He may return to the guy that cant win the big game again even with Mahomes. He is STUBBORN and I think he loves his GENIUS REPUTATION and media hype.

That said. Im sure thrilled he is the Chiefs Head Coach. Winning every year is FANTASTIC. 

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Its unfortunate KC made that trade. DISASTER. Brown stinks. VEACH is fortunate he did not take that contract offer. 

Brown has been underwhelming, and I’ve been more critical of him than most, but that trade was anything but a disaster.  People advertise it as if we traded a first round pick straight across for him, but we didn’t.  That trade also netted us the pick that turned into a good young starting linebacker in Bolton. We could cut Brown tomorrow and I wouldn’t complain, but that trade still wasn’t a disaster. 

Just now, moons314 said:

Brown has been underwhelming, and I’ve been more critical of him than most, but that trade was anything but a disaster.  People advertise it as if we traded a first round pick straight across for him, but we didn’t.  That trade also netted us the pick that turned into a good young starting linebacker in Bolton. We could cut Brown tomorrow and I wouldn’t complain, but that trade still wasn’t a disaster. 

OK I see your point.  You trade top picks and get an average at best LT. Agree its not a disaster as long as KC does not give him an extension. Let him walk.

19 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

OK I see your point.  You trade top picks and get an average at best LT. Agree its not a disaster as long as KC does not give him an extension. Let him walk.

Yup. As long as the chiefs don’t compound the situation by extending him, I think it’s a wash, we got a hood player and some rental years out of another.  I don’t worry about the chiefs compounding it bc veach stood strong this past offseason.  If he wasn’t willing to pay brown last year he sure as hell won’t this year