Chiefs Broncos Gameday Thread

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

I don't agree with that line of reasoning but you are certainly entitled to express your opinion. Each year teams are different from the previous year. Whether a team is good or not based on schedule strength is fueled more by fans than anything and is not to be taken too seriously because, as you said, you can only play the teams on the schedule. 

I'm not sure it's necessarily my opinion that the Eagles are overrated.  You said there's a perception that they are, and I believe the difference between the perception of the 2 teams is that the chiefs have proven it for quite a while.  Nobody is quite sure yet of Hurts is for real. Or Sirianni. People assume the chiefs are good in spite of a weak schedule. 

13 hours ago, dhitter said:

I think perception is that the Eagles are overrated and that a big reason is their schedule. But is it that much different than the Chiefs? Let's look...

Combined record of Chiefs opponents played so far 73-81-1.

Combined record of Eagles opponents played so far. 71-80-4. 

# of Chiefs wins against teams with a winning record (4). Two of those were the Chargers.

# of Eagles wins against teams with winning records (5). No duplicate teams.

Chiefs most impressive win? Niners at 9-4.

Eagles most impressive win? Cowboys at 10-3/Vikings at 10-3.

Not that simple of a comparison. So you mean to tell me that when you look at these teams schedules you are like yep pretty even strength of schedule. Give Kc the Eagles schedule and the Eagles KC and see what their records are. 

I cant shake the feeling that maybe just maybe  the Chiefs going pass happy was an attempt to getting Kelce  Shannon Sharpe's record beat in  Denver and to pad  Patrick's stats to help him get MVP.

JMO but those stats need to be padded because of Hurts Running Stats and I THINK  that will be what gets him the MVP

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I cant shake the feeling that maybe just maybe  the Chiefs going pass happy was an attempt to getting Kelce  Shannon Sharpe's record beat in  Denver and to pad  Patrick's stats to help him get MVP.

JMO but those stats need to be padded because of Hurts Running Stats and I THINK  that will be what gets him the MVP

Interesting take. Could be. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I cant shake the feeling that maybe just maybe  the Chiefs going pass happy was an attempt to getting Kelce  Shannon Sharpe's record beat in  Denver and to pad  Patrick's starts to help him get MVP.

Agree. I think Mahomes loves his stats and Kelce too. Who would not? Question is how many plays can Mahomes , RPO, choose pass vs run? I dont know if MVP is that important to PM. I do think his overall stats and building on career stats is. These guys love the talking heads talking them up. They love breaking records. Who would not? Is it a bit selfish? Yes.

PM is a perfect media talk guy. We dont know what he really thinks.

Your up 27-0 why not pad my stats.

22 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. I think Mahomes loves his stats and Kelce too. Who would not? Question is how many plays can Mahomes , RPO, choose pass vs run? I dont know if MVP is that important to PM. I do think his overall stats and building on career stats is. These guys love the talking heads talking them up. They love breaking records. Who would not? Is it a bit selfish? Yes.

PM is a perfect media talk guy. We dont know what he really thinks.

Your up 27-0 why not pad my stats.

my point exactly. lets have some fun and get Kelce and I some extra stats...OOOPs 3 INTs later  oh shit we better run the ball

1 hour ago, arthur75 said:

Not that simple of a comparison. So you mean to tell me that when you look at these teams schedules you are like yep pretty even strength of schedule. Give Kc the Eagles schedule and the Eagles KC and see what their records are. 

I think the Eagles' overall SOS is similar to the Chiefs. Our division pulls down our SOS. 

4 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I'm saying as Chiefs fans yes....we think our SOS is tougher. Not sure how you quantify it other than looking at W-L records. I'm sure Eagles fans think we have it easy. Can you argue that the AFC West as a whole is worse than the NFC East? Every team in the Eagles division has a winning record. It's also a fact that the Eagles generally have steamrolled teams while the Chiefs let teams hang around....like on Sunday. Denver had it's best offensive showing all season. Chiefs play sloppy football and at times look disengaged. That won't cut it come playoff time.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

I'm saying as Chiefs fans yes....we think our SOS is tougher. Not sure how you quantify it other than looking at W-L records. I'm sure Eagles fans think we have it easy. Can you argue that the AFC West as a whole is worse than the NFC East? Every team in the Eagles division has a winning record. It's also a fact that the Eagles generally have steamrolled teams while the Chiefs let teams hang around....like on Sunday. Denver had it's best offensive showing all season. Chiefs play sloppy football and at times look disengaged. That won't cut it come playoff time.

Yes I can I think any team in the AFC west besides denver is better than the teams in the NFC east. Oh and I do agree with your Chiefs assessment. I as of now do not think they are Playoff ready. To me they look like a wild card team that sneaks in. But I will stand by my statement that the NFC east is soft as cotton.

10 hours ago, xen said:

Andy takes shit when he let's off the gas.  He doesn't let off the gas in denver and takes shit.  🤷‍♂️

by not letting off the gas does not mean 3 INTs later.. your boy had a shit game that  put the team is a crappy situation. We finally  we hope have found KHunt prt2 without the baggage..use him

15 hours ago, xen said:

Andy takes shit when he let's off the gas.  He doesn't let off the gas in denver and takes shit.  🤷‍♂️

Vermeil could keep the gas pedal down just running the ball. Like the game Holmes ran for 3 TDs and then Blaylock ran for 3 TDs after Holmes took a breather. Andy doesn’t know how to balance an offensive attack for 60 minutes. Run the ball a dozen more times and KC probably puts up 50 and the passing game becomes more effective.

40 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Vermeil could keep the gas pedal down just running the ball. Like the game Holmes ran for 3 TDs and then Blaylock ran for 3 TDs after Holmes took a breather. Andy doesn’t know how to balance an offensive attack for 60 minutes. Run the ball a dozen more times and KC probably puts up 50 and the passing game becomes more effective.

Vermeil had possibly one of the 2 best offensive lines in the history of football and the best back in franchise history.  

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

by not letting off the gas does not mean 3 INTs later.. your boy had a shit game that  put the team is a crappy situation. We finally  we hope have found KHunt prt2 without the baggage..use him

Andy has never thrown an interception for us.  And I do agree this was the situation to run more but we're obviously saving Pacheco for the playoffs 😄

15 hours ago, qnet said:

I Eagles are really good. I've watched a few of their games and they're legit.

Hurts isn't putting up monster numbers but still getting it done. Eagles defense is much better than the Chiefs'. They also have fewest turnovers in the league so they protect the ball😳.

It would be simple to look at Mahomes vs. Hurts and say " Mahomes is easily the better QB". But quarterbacks don't play each other...teams do. 

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Hurts isn't putting up monster numbers but still getting it done. Eagles defense is much better than the Chiefs'. They also have fewest turnovers in the league so they protect the ball😳.

It would be simple to look at Mahomes vs. Hurts and say " Mahomes is easily the better QB". But quarterbacks don't play each other...teams do. 

Yeah, I had been hearing how nice their roster was a few years back. It seems to be coming together now.

The Chiefs have had success, so I can’t complain. It just seems like we always find out after it actually happens The rest of the time, we’re always concerned and unsure of the team, even in the SB year.