The Hill Truth. Reality. Not a Team Guy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tyreek-hill-says-lack-of-targets-contributed-to-exit-from-chiefs/ar-AA15dGSs?cvid=dd3f1bdafaf44eae9d1abdeb4b4bca11

On a recent episode of Shannon Sharpe's Club Shay Shay podcast, the 28-year-old wideout discussed his exit from Kansas City and blamed his amount of targets as one of the reasons why he ultimately opted to go the trade route. When Sharpe asked Hill to pinpoint when he started to feel like he may not end his career as a Chief, he said those thoughts were already creeping up during the 2021 campaign. 

“It got like that probably, like, mid-last season," Hill said. "I’m the type of guy... I love playing ball and I love being by the team because football is a team sport, right? And there would be some games where I’d get two targets or I’d get three targets. We’d go into meetings and my coach would be like ‘Hey, ‘Reek, we’ve got to get you involved.’ So I’m calling my agent every week after they say some crazy stuff like that, like, ‘Bro, I’ve got to get out of here.’”

Hill was targeted five or more times in all but four games last season, and he played less than 50% of available snaps in two of those low-target outings. In addition to hauling in 111 passes from Mahomes, he set the Chiefs' single-season franchise record for targets with 159. In fact, he trailed only six receivers in all of football in targets and finished seventh in yards as well. He was involved about as much as a player sharing the field with future first-ballot Hall of Famer Travis Kelce can be.

32 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. It does show we do not know what is going on behind the talking points. Hill complaining during the season causing PM to look to him too often? So I see a guy that I am glad is gone. Big Ego and a BIG Mouth. 

and Big Play ability but the Bolts showed  as had other teams over these last couple of years that he is able to be taken out of a game as are  all players. I'm not glad he's gone as I enjoyed every time he touched the ball anything could happen..cant say that now. Reminded me of the days when Dante Hall got the ball or Jamal Charles in a slightly lesser extent.

That being said I do agree with is departure will make Patrick a better Qb  and in 3 years I'd like to have him back after he has already gotten paid but wants another Ring.

We’d go into meetings and my coach would be like ‘Hey, ‘Reek, we’ve got to get you involved.’ So I’m calling my agent every week after they say some crazy stuff like that, like, ‘Bro, I’ve got to get out of here.’”

This statement is strange. A coach saying he needs to be involved - which doesn't sound unusual - makes you call your agent about it.  I can understand wanting more targets to help the team, which is how interpret what he was trying to say; but the rest seems made up. 

JMO, but I don't think Reek was a bad teammate. It seems like he and his agent are trying to create a reason he left other than just wanting to get paid a lot of money, and live in Miami.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

This statement is strange. A coach saying he needs to be involved - which doesn't sound unusual - makes you call your agent about it.  I can understand wanting more targets to help the team, which is how interpret what he was trying to say; but the rest seems made up. 

JMO, but I don't think Reek was a bad teammate. It seems like he and his agent are trying to create a reason he left other than just wanting to get paid a lot of money, and live in Miami.

That's why his whole podcast thing just seemed so stupid.  If he would of just said "Chiefs don't want to pay me what I think I am worth then I would like to be traded"  We all understand its a business and you can't keep everyone we wouldn't of been happy but we know its coming and its going to happen.  Just move on Hill the Chiefs did and left it at that.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

He got plenty of looks, he also dropped quit a few passes.  

8 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Seems like a great move for all parties involved. One of the rare cases in the NFL that everyone wins and are happy.

Agreed. However, Hill is acting like the girl who broke up with her boyfriend, has a new beau but still talking about the old one. Hill is happy with the attention and the money. He misses what the old boyfriend offered that the new one doesn't.....more chances at a SB.

We forget that while these NFL players have an immense platform they don't always have the maturity to use it wisely.  Hill is a generational talent but he is very immature.  He wants his cake and to eat it to.  You can't claim the victim when your agent has already come out and said they were about the money.   He doubles down about the target shares but a further examination shows he had plenty of targets.  His claims of 2-3 target games are a small portion of his games.  Sad really because he comes off looking petty, regretful, and plain dumb.   Apparently his agent can't keep him from himself.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

We forget that while these NFL players have an immense platform they don't always have the maturity to use it wisely.  Hill is a generational talent but he is very immature.  He wants his cake and to eat it to.  You can't claim the victim when your agent has already come out and said they were about the money.   He doubles down about the target shares but a further examination shows he had plenty of targets.  His claims of 2-3 target games are a small portion of his games.  Sad really because he comes off looking petty, regretful, and plain dumb.   Apparently his agent can't keep him from himself.

Last year he had one game with 4 targets. One. Guess what, he has one game this year under 4 targets too. He has had multiple games under 7 targets in Miami also. He just needs to move on and stfu. He had 111 receptions with 159 targets last year. That is great numbers. He chose to be paid, the number he wanted, end of story imo.

Hill is the primary target on a team now. Kelce is the primary target for KC.

If Hill has a legit complaint, it is around how Andy used him at times (just go deep) and took too long to adapt to 2 high safeties.

All that to say, I don’t care. I am glad he is gone. I don’t trust him to not do stupid things off the field.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep.......He didn't leave over targets. If KC would have paid more, he'd be here even if he got 0 targets. 

On 12/13/2022 at 9:52 AM, oldtimer said:

yea if he  had crappy stats and Tua was as bad as was being spouted about on here he might not be flapping his lips..but he's got a good run on something no other WR has done and thats 2K receiving even with  1extra game that is still insane and no Patrick either.

They won't get far in the playoffs if their offense is a one-man show. There's a reason he felt his targets were minimal... TRAVIS KELCE.

13 hours ago, mex said:

They won't get far in the playoffs if their offense is a one-man show. There's a reason he felt his targets were minimal... TRAVIS KELCE.

well I'm not convinced they are a one man show. Waddle could be a #1 on a lot of teams Chiefs included and that RB is no slouch . Tua it seems to me is a late bloomer. That Defense  is certainly respectable. I could easily see them playing in the AFCC

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

well I'm not convinced they are a one man show. Waddle could be a #1 on a lot of teams Chiefs included and that RB is no slouch . Tua it seems to me is a late bloomer. That Defense  is certainly respectable. I could easily see them playing in the AFCC

I would gladly take Waddle as a fa on this team.