Jalin Hyatt

Palangi

On 12/16/2022 at 8:46 AM, KC Warpaint said:

we will have Ross, Toney and Moore on the roster next year, and possibly resign JuJu, we need athletic edge rushers

I agree. I’ve battled with taking an edge out offensive tackle first. 

but this kid is going to be special. He has that scary speed. And runs good routes and catches the ball well. And we need weapons on the outside. 
I’m excited about Ross and think him and Hyatt are a great compliment to each other. 
more needs to continue to develop but would be a great slot guy. 
i like Toney a lot. But the injury history makes me nervous. Much like with Niang. 

I’m ok resigning Juju but not at more than 10 million. And I don’t know if he will sign for under 10. He’s not a game breaker or doesn’t scare defenses so offering more would be like a Frank Clark situation. 

i think there is potential with Imir Smith-Marsette and Edwards. But Just is a different animal. 

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

but this kid is going to be special. And we need weapons on the outside. 
I’m excited about Ross and think him and Hyatt are a great compliment to each other. 
i like Toney a lot. But the injury history makes me nervous. Much like with Niang. 

I’m ok resigning Juju but not at more than 10 million. And I don’t know if he will sign for under 10. He’s not a game breaker or doesn’t scare defenses so offering more would be like a Frank Clark situation. 

i think there is potential with Imir Smith-Marsette and Edwards. But Just is a different animal. He has that scary speed. And runs good routes and catches the ball well. 

4.5 is only scary in college.  Or to turtles.

14 hours ago, xen said:

but  there was talk on one Youtube clip that he was a 4.3 guy in HS.

to me personally he looks frail and I just dont see a WR as a first pick priority unless it's the 2nd coming of Randy Moss

On 12/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, Palangi said:

but this kid is going to be special. He has that scary speed. And runs good routes and catches the ball well. And we need weapons on the outside. 

i think there is potential with Imir Smith-Marsette and Edwards. But Just is a different animal. 

I've gone back and forth on Juju.  He seems to have rapport with Mahomes.  He suits this offense well vs the defenses we see.  However, he doens't scare opponents and will be in line for 18-20 million.  I'm not sure we can afford to pay that.  Problem is there aren't any legit DE options in FA and waiting until the 2nd means we will have to suffer through another year like this on D.   Then again not sure a DE at the back end of the first will do any better.  Might need to trade future picks to address that position.  

Palangi, I would love this kid.  We can never have too many studs at wr.   Let Juju walk and garner the comp picks.  Roll into next year with MVS, Toney, Moore, Hyatt, and Ross and possibly Edwards?    We could do worse.  Gray is developing and then there is always Kelce.  I could live with that.  How do we address OT?  Resign OBJ?   

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I've gone back and forth on Juju.  He seems to have rapport with Mahomes.  He suits this offense well vs the defenses we see.  However, he doens't scare opponents and will be in line for 18-20 million.  I'm not sure we can afford to pay that.  Problem is there aren't any legit DE options in FA and waiting until the 2nd means we will have to suffer through another year like this on D.   Then again not sure a DE at the back end of the first will do any better.  Might need to trade future picks to address that position.  

Palangi, I would love this kid.  We can never have too many studs at wr.   Let Juju walk and garner the comp picks.  Roll into next year with MVS, Toney, Moore, Hyatt, and Ross and possibly Edwards?    We could do worse.  Gray is developing and then there is always Kelce.  I could live with that.  How do we address OT?  Resign OBJ?   

I could see a couple second round tackles with taking. 

Blake Freeland 6’8” 315 BYU

Ryan Hayes 6’6” 315 Michigan

Jaelen Duncan 6’5” 320 Maryland

Matthew Bergeron 6’5” 320

off these 4 Hayes is my favorite. I really like what I see on his film. But I definitely wouldn’t cry about any of the other 3. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 6:00 PM, xen said:

That collection of plays shows he is fast but he is so wide open its hard to tell how great he really is or the route running you speak of.   I watched the Alabama game and I'm not sure what Saban was doing but his safeties played so bad that and allowed (literally the only thing that could beat them) the wr's to get behind them over and over.  Maybe that is because Hyatt is super fast, I don't know, but I wasn't immensely impressed with that game tape and I think Hyatt is a good wr.  

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That collection of plays shows he is fast but he is so wide open its hard to tell how great he really is or the route running you speak of.   I watched the Alabama game and I'm not sure what Saban was doing but his safeties played so bad that and allowed (literally the only thing that could beat them) the wr's to get behind them over and over.  Maybe that is because Hyatt is super fast, I don't know, but I wasn't immensely impressed with that game tape and I think Hyatt is a good wr.  

That comment was in reference to Ihmir Smith-Marsette.  I like Hyatt.