Chiefs Texans Gameday. Chiefs can clinch 7th consecutive AFC West Title

1 minute ago, 58shineson said:

I blame spags because he needs to scheme for what he has. Has to be something he can implement to help them be better. 

Spags is no world beater, and if they canned him yesterday I wouldn’t complain, but go back to the Cincinnati loss, he had his players in position to make the play at the end and the guys on the field just flat out didn’t get it done.  

People want to pile on the dc for scheme, but I think player development has been a much bigger issue on that side of the ball.  

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The last two weeks against two of the leagues most inept offenses has been beyond brutal.  

I'm not calling for Spags to get fired during the season but these two games warrant a new DC next year.  Its brutal how inept we are.  I know CJ is sick but dang our dline makes their oline look like the 2001 Chiefs Oline.

Just now, artsy said:

It appears that the game plan on both sides of the ball has been pretty damn vanilla...nonetheless the defense still sucks

I could live with that excuse.  If Andy wanted to not give away their abilities by not showing teams their plays.  I could live with that. 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm not calling for Spags to get fired during the season but these two games warrant a new DC next year.  Its brutal how inept we are.  I know CJ is sick but dang our dline makes their oline look like the 2001 Chiefs Oline.

Whats scary is he is still infinitely better than bob sutton who they refused to fire for years

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Butker hasn’t been right since the injury , and has already missed a pat today.  If Reid is playing for 3, it’s basically the equivalent of a prevent defense. 

I agree. Need to go for a td and risk an interception.

also despite all the yearly roster changes this team is still mahomes vs the entire other team, its sad

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Let me preface this by saying I’m not advocating nor calling for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, bc I know someone will take it that way. 

Is the message getting stale? Are players tuning out the staff?  It’s not uncommon in the past for coaching staffs that have been in place for a long period for a disconnect to develop.  Remember the last year Marty was here. 

im just asking questions, not insinuating 

I think the Spagnuolo era has run its course. I dont expect him to be replaced because Reid is overly loyal to players and coaches. But its time for a fresh perspective on defense. 

And the majority of us already thought a new OC was a good idea last offseason. I just don't think Bienemy is a great playcaller and it's obvious Mahomes rapport with Nagy is much better. 

I'm not advocating for Reid to be replaced. I don't want him replaced. But I think there's a very valid argument for new coordinators on both sides of the ball.