Chiefs Texans Gameday. Chiefs can clinch 7th consecutive AFC West Title

43 minutes ago, mex said:

Hardman’s absence is being felt. We need that Homerun threat. 

not confident we’ll get very far into the playoffs. 

next year we have a ton of draft stock... Veach needs to work his magic.

I don’t think the Hardman absence is that big of a deal.  We’re still moving the ball at will, with drives basically ending because of blown pass protections or fumbles, neither of which Hardman can change.  This isn’t meant as a slight on Hardman, it’s just hard to say that a missing receiver is that influential when the offense is still running up 500 yards. 

31 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I don’t think the Hardman absence is that big of a deal.  We’re still moving the ball at will, with drives basically ending because of blown pass protections or fumbles, neither of which Hardman can change.  This isn’t meant as a slight on Hardman, it’s just hard to say that a missing receiver is that influential when the offense is still running up 500 yards. 

Respectfully disagree. He was an unbelievable 36/41 for 88% today. That is a HUGE day.

Longest was 21 yards... to a running back.

Defenses, even shitty ones like HOU, don't seem to be too afraid of our passing attack. If we need Patrick Mahomes to dink and dunk for the entire game, we're already beat.  The worst team in the league almost beat us today, because they didn't respect the deep ball.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

Respectfully disagree. He was an unbelievable 36/41 for 88% today. That is a HUGE day.

Defenses, even shitty ones like HOU, don't seem to be too afraid of our passing attack. If we need Patrick Mahomes to dink and dunk for the entire game, we're already beat.  The worst team in the league almost beat us today, because they didn't respect the deep ball.

Ill take that every week without the turnovers. Chiefs need 30+ points to win every week. Chiefs record with 30+ is amazing. Under 30 is not so good. Chief D is simply not good enough to win without 30+ on the board. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

Isn’t mvs faster than Hardman?  We don’t really use Hardman to stretch the field, he’s primarily gadget plays and jet sweeps.  We just don’t have a consistent deep threat bc Pat and mvs, for whatever reason, just don’t have that connection.  

Looking back at the stats, this was a very weird game. 
We found a way to win but the 10 penalties plus minus 1 in turnovers really hurt us. 
i wonder if EB is calling play today. I wonder if he was calling them last week. 
I also think Reid is saving a lot of his plays chunk plays for playoffs. 
Our d had 1 sack today. That’s it. Terrible. 
there was a saftey Reid showing today for a play or 2. But this guy is overrated and getting paid to much in my opinion. 
anyways a win is a win. 
onto to Seattle. This will be a tougher test. 
metcalf , Lockett plus there RB walker. 
I like going to work on Mondays with a dub in my back pocket. 

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

I’m definitely in favor of overturning all three coordinators. Toub’s units haven’t been good in a while.  Defense is a dumpster fire, and I wanted Nagy to takeover oc after last year. 

Fresh perspective and new ideas are a good thing.  Feels like all three phases have gotten stagnant.  I'm not sure the players believe in Spags schemes because the D is regressing as the year progresses and what makes matters worse its vs the inferior portion of our schedule.  Mahomes is amazing but he can't overcome these level of ineptness.   If its the players then bench them if its the coaches then change them in the offseason.  Loyalty to friends is going to cost a generational qb a potential goat in the realms of MJ and Tiger if they don't make changes this offseason.  Everything is primed for fresh new blood.  

2 hours ago, mex said:

Or was it the two fumbles and numerous penaltlies?   Defenses aren't afraid of the number 1 offense in the league?  Defenses aren't afraid of our tackles but they sure as heck are afraid of Mahomes.  The NFL has literally changed the way they play against Mahomes unlike any other qb in the history of the NFL.  They didn't do this for Brady or anyone else quite like Mahomes.   

We are every underperforming teams SB.  Coaches on the hot seat can salvage their job with a win or a good game against.  Teams can get right with an epic win over us.  We have dominated teams so much that even though their seasons are over they are fighting tooth and nail to get that monkey off their back.  

We are dinking and dunking to a 30ppg avg.  How is that already being beat?  We are doing all this with a horrible +- TO margin and a regressing D.  

Hardman will help but our own self inflicted mistakes are the reason we look rough recently not because Hardman isn't on the field.  

55 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Or was it the two fumbles and numerous penaltlies?   Defenses aren't afraid of the number 1 offense in the league?  Defenses aren't afraid of our tackles but they sure as heck are afraid of Mahomes.  The NFL has literally changed the way they play against Mahomes unlike any other qb in the history of the NFL.  They didn't do this for Brady or anyone else quite like Mahomes.   

We are every underperforming teams SB.  Coaches on the hot seat can salvage their job with a win or a good game against.  Teams can get right with an epic win over us.  We have dominated teams so much that even though their seasons are over they are fighting tooth and nail to get that monkey off their back.  

We are dinking and dunking to a 30ppg avg.  How is that already being beat?  We are doing all this with a horrible +- TO margin and a regressing D.  

Hardman will help but our own self inflicted mistakes are the reason we look rough recently not because Hardman isn't on the field.  

What are you saying? That we're still the best team in the league? #1 offense or not... teams aren't shitting their pants playing us like 3 years ago. Yeah, they respect Mahomes... and they know he'll put up numbers. And because of that we are finally churning out some rushing yards. 

It's not all just 'mistakes.' It's not all just penalties. It's not bad calls by the zeebs. It's everything. Including coaching.

Fact is, we're not the big dog this year. Maybe in the shitty AFC west... but not in the AFC and def not in the league. We're not even #2 in the AFC.  We might win the first playoff game... maybe. But we won't beat Buff or Cincy.  Not this year.

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The Chiefs are getting worse and Seattle will beat us soundly.

Is Toney hurt? he disappeared

I agree the Chiefs are getting worse. You know I used to be pretty confident with 2 minutes left in the game the Chiefs could drive and win the game now I am already thinking they have lost. The confidents in this team is at a all time low for me. Especially this horrible defense. Damn they are bad.

5 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I agree the Chiefs are getting worse. You know I used to be pretty confident with 2 minutes left in the game the Chiefs could drive and win the game now I am already thinking they have lost. The confidents in this team is at a all time low for me. Especially this horrible defense. Damn they are bad.

the DBs dont seem to be progressing as I had hoped & stats be damned having Reek out there was cause to be confident

6 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Especially this horrible defense. Damn they are bad.

Agree with your sentiment, not sure we're all that bad on defense. Last year? Yeah. This year our LB corps is much improved, DBs are a little better but now we're younger with McD and Watson with plenty of room to grow, DL is slightly better due to depth and some surprising play by Karlaftis and Dunlap. If we can dump Clark and pick up a young stud, and maybe some additional help for Thornhill we should be a top defense again. I know... big ifs. But the defense hasn't been a disaster. They've just been asked to be on the field too much with our dismal turnover ratio.