Chiefs Texans Gameday. Chiefs can clinch 7th consecutive AFC West Title

12 minutes ago, mex said:

Agree with your sentiment, not sure we're all that bad on defense. Last year? Yeah. This year our LB corps is much improved, DBs are a little better but now we're younger with McD and Watson with plenty of room to grow, DL is slightly better due to depth and some surprising play by Karlaftis and Dunlap. If we can dump Clark and pick up a young stud, and maybe some additional help for Thornhill we should be a top defense again. I know... big ifs. But the defense hasn't been a disaster. They've just been asked to be on the field too much with our dismal turnover ratio.

You might have a point. But then I watch them play and it erases all doubt. The LB are better the corners are betterish. Everything else is JV squad.

1. “For the second half, can we have Lionel Messi kick our extra points via Zoom?
  2. “Okay, I give up. Which member of the Chiefs organization stole Carl Cheffers’ girlfriend in high school?”
  3. “Yes, the past two weeks have been rocky, but we always knew the Broncos and Texans games were the brutal part of the schedule.”
  4. “You think these missed kicks and turnovers are annoying now? Just wait until the playoffs!”
  5. “Instead of ‘AFC West Champions,’ they’re passing out T-shirts reading, ‘Congrats on barely beating the freakin’ Texans.’”
  6. “I’m sorry, Mr. Butker. There doesn’t seem to be a return flight ticket for you.”
  7. “After three games on the road, it’ll be great to get back to Kansas City and the (checks Saturday’s weather) -2 degree weather.”
  8. “We’d like to thank the Colts and Patriots for taking the sports world’s attention off of our ugly performance   http://8 things overheard as the Chiefs defeated the Texans

On 12/19/2022 at 1:20 AM, moons314 said:

Isn’t mvs faster than Hardman?  We don’t really use Hardman to stretch the field, he’s primarily gadget plays and jet sweeps.  We just don’t have a consistent deep threat bc Pat and mvs, for whatever reason, just don’t have that connection.  

no mvs iis not faster than hardman

On 12/19/2022 at 6:26 PM, mex said:

The whole clark deal stinks to high heaven.

Like clark.

At this point I'd take clark griswold.

The Chiefs gave up too much to get Clark and it didn't work out beyond that one SB run.  But Clark is the best the Chiefs have for the DE rotation and when he's healthy (and not suspended), he can contribute.  Like OBJ, until there's a better replacement, I'll appreciate every helpful play Clark makes.  His play the last two weeks has been very good and we can only hope it continues for six more weeks.  I think people get too high and too low on players.

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

His play the last two weeks has been very good

Meh... he's making damned near Chris Jones money and for that we're getting George Karlaftis production. 

Of course we all appreciate every helpful play... this is a Chiefs forum. Nobody's rooting for him to suck.

I don't get too high or low on any player... I just expect a players' play to be representative of the $$$ they are earning.

That hasn't been the case for the last 2 years.

26 minutes ago, mex said:

Meh... he's making damned near Chris Jones money and for that we're getting George Karlaftis production. 

Of course we all appreciate every helpful play... this is a Chiefs forum. Nobody's rooting for him to suck.

I don't get too high or low on any player... I just expect a players' play to be representative of the $$$ they are earning.

I expect another half dozen off sides from him, probably most in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

I expect another half dozen off sides from him, probably most in the playoffs.

His comments on Dee Ford:

"I don't know nothing about him," Clark told reporters, per ESPN.com. "I couldn't name a stat. I don't know the school he went to. I just know he had lined up offside and anybody who lined up offside at a time like that I feel like that's a dumb penalty at the end of the day."

No shit Sherlock.

29 minutes ago, mex said:

you might rethink that  George Karlaftis IIRC has gotten 4.5 sacks in the last 4 games and is overall playing better than that Michigan kid that Detroit Drafted.. he's improving on pace that one would expect a late first round pick so I'd say GK is playing better than Clark

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

you might rethink that  George Karlaftis IIRC has gotten 4.5 sacks in the last 4 games and is overall playing better than that Michigan kid that Detroit Drafted.. he's improving on pace that one would expect a late first round pick so I'd say GK is playing better than Clark

Didn't mean it to sound like a slam on Karlaftis... but that's how it came off my keyboard. Karlaftis is killing it. Far beyond expectations.

They both are benefitting from Jones getting double/triple teamed... yet in spite of the attention he gets... Jones is already at 12 sacks... he's on pace for 14-15 depending on how far we get in postseason.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, artsy said:

Where's the defense at today??

Lockett was out so its hard to say. Looked a bit better in bitter cold. Not sure how well Gino plays in cold?  Seattle had lost 4 in a row prior. I still think pass defense will be the issue until next season.

17 hours ago, mex said:

Didn't mean it to sound like a slam on Karlaftis... but that's how it came off my keyboard. Karlaftis is killing it. Far beyond expectations.

They both are benefitting from Jones getting double/triple teamed... yet in spite of the attention he gets... Jones is already at 12 sacks... he's on pace for 14-15 depending on how far we get in postseason.

The addition of Williams, and now Shelton is helping also.