Insight into kicking woes?

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

For whatever reason, I've lost confidence when Butker enters the game for FG/PAT

It’s simple.  He’s unreliable.  Sure he hits a record setting fg but he has also been leaving pts on field this season.  At least 2 games he missed an extra pt and fg, both games those were basically the difference between needing a last minute victory or OT.  He is hurt though, so I don’t know.  Not like we had a lot better kicking when he was out. 

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

For whatever reason, I've lost confidence when Butker enters the game for FG/PAT

Dude I have a reason..he miss's more than he  should what should be be a chip shot is now Drama.

That being said it seemed to me that Harlan and Green kinda gave him bad mojo.. those 2 shoulda known better that give him props before a kick.

Just now, Mr Ev said:

It’s simple.  He’s unreliable.  Sure he hits a record setting fg but he has also been leaving pts on field this season.  At least 2 games he missed an extra pt and fg, both games those were basically the difference between needing a last minute victory or OT.  He is hurt though, so I don’t know.  Not like we had a lot better kicking when he was out. 

is he? I though he was all better now.

Did that replacement 2nd kid miss?  I dont recall. i thought he got picked up shortly after he was released.

All I know is some serious competition needs to be brought in. That chunky kid from MIZZOU aint half bad

Just now, oldtimer said:

Did that replacement 2nd kid miss?  I dont recall. i thought he got picked up shortly after he was released.

All I know is some serious competition needs to be brought in. That chunky kid from MIZZOU aint half bad

Couldn’t agree more.  Injuries happen but he’s not irreplaceable.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I don’t mind a husky kicker. 

Fire Toub and bring in positional competition. The unit has typically been unreliable almost every game in some facet. Dumb return decisions, muffed punts, stupid penalties, missed kicks. There is too much smoke and the unit is complacent and poorly coached. Toub is lucky he had Devin Hester. Most overrated coach ever in my opinion.

43 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Fire Toub and bring in positional competition. The unit has typically been unreliable almost every game in some facet. Dumb return decisions, muffed punts, stupid penalties, missed kicks. There is too much smoke and the unit is complacent and poorly coached. Toub is lucky he had Devin Hester. Most overrated coach ever in my opinion.

I always love these thoughts.. so who do we bring in? Movie gif. Jeff Bridges as The Dude in the Big Lebowski reclining on a couch, lazily stroking his forehead and bobbing his knee.

I look at kicking from a golfing perspective.   It is generally preferrable to hit your drive straight down the middle of the fairway.  There usually is not trouble there. I am pretty sure that Butker has straight kicks in his bag.  Just hit the fuckers straight down the middle.  Stop trying to hook the kick.   

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Is that a direct reply to Colquitt? If so that's extremely disrespectful and I'm pretty sure Colquitt knows what he's talking about better than all of us and Tommy combined. 

Don't think it's a reply. Looks like an independent tweet intended for an audience of one. Colquitt did call him out. It's interesting that Colquitt doesn't have a relationship with the Chiefs, Toub, Butker or Townsend to discuss it internally.