Insight into kicking woes?

Changing kickers is a complete overreaction. Ill take my chances with a guy that has kicked is numerous playoff games vs some guy off the street that has never kicked under playoff pressure. Butker is proven. Maybe a slump? Maybe that injury? Maybe the holder?  Maybe a combo of each?

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Changing kickers is a complete overreaction. Ill take my chances with a guy that has kicked is numerous playoff games vs some guy off the street that has never kicked under playoff pressure. Butker is proven. Maybe a slump? Maybe that injury? Maybe the holder?  Maybe a combo of each?

has anyone endorsed changing kickers now? I dont recall but I do see for calls to  maybe explore other options post season

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

has anyone endorsed changing kickers now? I dont recall but I do see for calls to  maybe explore other options post season

I did not say anyone said anything about a definite change. Bottom line for me is there is nobody better available that has the experience under pressure Butker has. I doubt KC will bring anyone in for a tryout unless Butker is hurt.

I think we stay with Butker this year though I need to turn my head when he kicks nowadays. Depending how he finishes out this season should determine next year's fate. We can't continue losing 3,4,5 points a game on something that should be automatic. Having said automatic....shout out James Winchester. Doesn't get his due. 

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think we stay with Butker this year though I need to turn my head when he kicks nowadays. Depending how he finishes out this season should determine next year's fate. We can't continue losing 3,4,5 points a game on something that should be automatic. Having said automatic....shout out James Winchester. Doesn't get his due. 

The good news is Andy wont settle for 3. 

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

there is a thought to that maybe just maybe with Butker's issues  Andy/EB  whomever may be a bit more aggressive in not playing for the FG

They did that when the dude sucked against Indy, I think? I think you have to take obvious FG attempts. If people fail, they get held accountable. They’ve got three weeks to figure it out.

11 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I look at kicking from a golfing perspective.   It is generally preferrable to hit your drive straight down the middle of the fairway.  There usually is not trouble there. I am pretty sure that Butker has straight kicks in his bag.  Just hit the fuckers straight down the middle.  Stop trying to hook the kick.   

golf balls are spheres and don't have laces

6 hours ago, azchief21 said:

dude hits a 62 yarder straight down the pipes and then misses a PAT

head scratcher