1 minute ago, arthur75 said:

Sounds like North Korean propaganda to me. There are always guys in training camp turning heads then when season starts they are no where to be found. Go out get a true #1 and keep juju and get some Tackles and watch this offense freaking explode. 

I think this situation is more than just about camp. But if that’s all you wanted to take from that…

Just now, Palangi said:

We did with MVS. What’s the difference?

MVS is a proven NFL guy. He is not really a  #1.  Schuster is also on the team. Chiefs dont really have a current #1. Ross has mostly proven to be injured and a serious injury at that. Very risky. 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

MVS is a proven NFL guy. He is not really a  #1.  Schuster is also on the team. Chiefs dont really have a current #1. Ross has mostly proven to be injured and a serious injury at that. Very risky. 

Get PM15 a solid LT and the offense will hum along just fine imo. 

Ross, Toney, Moore, MVS and some of those young guys on the Roster would work. PM15 with time to scan the field coupled with an aging Kelce and solid run game would be enough on offense.

However, if your defense is giving it up on every possession, then yes, KC will need a true #1 IMPACT WR just to keep up. 

That's why I think a real pass rushing DE and run stuffing DT would have a more positive effect on the overall quality of the team.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Get PM15 a solid LT and the offense will hum along just fine imo. 

Ross, Toney, Moore, MVS and some of those young guys on the Roster would work. PM15 with time to scan the field coupled with an aging Kelce and solid run game would be enough on offense.

However, if your defense is giving it up on every possession, then yes, KC will need a true #1 IMPACT WR just to keep up. 

That's why I think a real pass rushing DE and run stuffing DT would have a more positive effect on the overall quality of the team.

Ross a TONEY are injury prone. Toney has played about 6 games in two years? Moore, unlike many rookie receivers in the NFL, has not been close to a starter. His season has been anything but assuring. Maybe you count on one of these guys. Not three? If Kelce went down Mahomes would have no go to guy.

24 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think this situation is more than just about camp. But if that’s all you wanted to take from that…

Has to be about camp Ross has not seen the field any other time. I would not put the fate of the offense on what a guy who is not playing now did in last years camp. PM15 as good as he is should not be required to do everything. Make his job easier lets turn these division wins into superbowls and quit looking for a black friday deal on WR. But could you imagine this offense with a guy like Chase and JUJU and Kelce and Toney if he ever gets healthy. Holy shit you wouldn't need much of a defense.

Packers waived WR Sammy Watkins.

Watkins will pass through waivers and, if he remains unclaimed, will be free to sign with any team. Watkins is only 29, but his career appears to be winding down after unimpressive stints with the Ravens last year and the Packers this season. In seven games with Green Bay, Watkins caught 13 passes for 206 yards. He hasn't topped 700 yards since 2015. With Romeo Doubs returning from injury, Watkins faced a playing time squeeze with the Packers. He may catch on as a depth option

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Packers waived WR Sammy Watkins.

Watkins will pass through waivers and, if he remains unclaimed, will be free to sign with any team. Watkins is only 29, but his career appears to be winding down after unimpressive stints with the Ravens last year and the Packers this season. In seven games with Green Bay, Watkins caught 13 passes for 206 yards. He hasn't topped 700 yards since 2015. With Romeo Doubs returning from injury, Watkins faced a playing time squeeze with the Packers. He may catch on as a depth option

he does know the playbook

But what Smith-Schuster has brought to the Kansas City offense goes beyond the numbers. He has become a reliable receiver on whom Mahomes can depend. Smith-Schuster has caught over 77% of his targets — including a perfect 10/10 against Houston on Sunday. He’s demonstrated a great feel for space against the zone coverage — with strong hands that can make tough catches against tight man coverage. With teams doing everything they can to stop Kelce, Smith-Schuster has become a player that Mahomes can trust in key situations.

The bottom line

The Chiefs’ offense has been very efficient in 2022 — and Smith-Schuster has been a huge part of that. His chemistry with Mahomes — missing at the beginning of the season — is now right where it needs to be. That’s going to pose a problem for opposing defenses. Mahomes knows that if Kelce is doubled, there is someone else on offense who can (and will) make a play.

Smith-Schuster hasn’t provided Kansas City with many flashy plays, but he has been dependable — and he’s been doing the dirty work to keep the sticks moving. He has truly become the team’s No. 1 wideout. If he can keep it up, the Chiefs’ offense will continue to be very tough to defend.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/19/23515919/chiefs-juju-smith-schuster-becomes-no-1-wide-receiver

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

But what Smith-Schuster has brought to the Kansas City offense goes beyond the numbers. He has become a reliable receiver on whom Mahomes can depend. Smith-Schuster has caught over 77% of his targets — including a perfect 10/10 against Houston on Sunday. He’s demonstrated a great feel for space against the zone coverage — with strong hands that can make tough catches against tight man coverage. With teams doing everything they can to stop Kelce, Smith-Schuster has become a player that Mahomes can trust in key situations.

The bottom line

The Chiefs’ offense has been very efficient in 2022 — and Smith-Schuster has been a huge part of that. His chemistry with Mahomes — missing at the beginning of the season — is now right where it needs to be. That’s going to pose a problem for opposing defenses. Mahomes knows that if Kelce is doubled, there is someone else on offense who can (and will) make a play.

Smith-Schuster hasn’t provided Kansas City with many flashy plays, but he has been dependable — and he’s been doing the dirty work to keep the sticks moving. He has truly become the team’s No. 1 wideout. If he can keep it up, the Chiefs’ offense will continue to be very tough to defend.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/19/23515919/chiefs-juju-smith-schuster-becomes-no-1-wide-receiver

Again...Pay the man if he's not trying to get Devonte Adams numbers..If he is, then no....(Cause he ain't good as Devonte Adams..)

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Show me the 120 million please. I love nice things for Christmas.

I have shown it before in an article but here it goes again. Fyi, we are 12th highest in cap space with no restructure going into 2023 with over 28 mil available.

I could see Juju taking a team friend deal with more guaranteed dollars.  4/60 with 30 guaranteed?   I could live with 15 million a year.   I could also see him wanting 20 million per year which we shouldn't do.  What I love most about him is his ability to do what Kelce does against zones and he fills that void when Kelce isn't on the field.   Not sure if anyone has noticed but Kelce is getting older and gets worn out a lot fast than in days past.   If we want to extend his career for the next 2-3 years that is a plus.  Last concern I have is all these hits he takes and the long term effect those have on his career.   Will be interesting what Veach and Co will do.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Ross a TONEY are injury prone. Toney has played about 6 games in two years? Moore, unlike many rookie receivers in the NFL, has not been close to a starter. His season has been anything but assuring. Maybe you count on one of these guys. Not three? If Kelce went down Mahomes would have no go to guy.

Juju is injury prone

MVS has the dropsies

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Has to be about camp Ross has not seen the field any other time. I would not put the fate of the offense on what a guy who is not playing now did in last years camp. PM15 as good as he is should not be required to do everything. Make his job easier lets turn these division wins into superbowls and quit looking for a black friday deal on WR. But could you imagine this offense with a guy like Chase and JUJU and Kelce and Toney if he ever gets healthy. Holy shit you wouldn't need much of a defense.

Ross was a better player than Higgins in college. And Higgins is a very solid #2. 

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

And then what about subsequent years?  Just like Clark and Hitchens. You got to see the big picture

Having the young rookies from last year and this next draft, all those picks, we would have time to pay these contracts off before they hit.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So it not reality. Its a huge big fantasy if.

No it is not a fantasy. You asked and I showed you. The easiest restructure would be Mahomes where a lot could be done.  This idea that we can't get cap space was more of your point. I am just showing you we can easily do so and if max restructure was done, damn near 120 mil could be had. This per the guy at over the cap per the tweet.

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

We did with MVS. What’s the difference?

Because MVS had shown that he can play at this level and contribute. And there was reason to believe he might take his game to an even higher level here.

With Ross you have no history of productivity at this level and unfortunately a surgery/injury that not many players have had and then produced at a high level afterward.

I think that Ross and Edwards should absolutely be looked at as guys who can make the team and hopefully contribute next season. But penciling either one into our top 3 spots would be crazy. 

And MVS has contributed. Almost 700 years and a couple TDs. That's not nothing. 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

No it is not a fantasy. You asked and I showed you. The easiest restructure would be Mahomes where a lot could be done.  This idea that we can't get cap space was more of your point. I am just showing you we can easily do so and if max restructure was done, damn near 120 mil could be had. This per the guy at over the cap per the tweet.

Yes I understand that but its not a fact. Its a fantasy if approach. Its not easy to do if you want to compete now. If you want to completely start over maybe. You also cant assume players will always restructure. 

I never said anything about KC not getting cap space. My point is you cant keep paying huge massive contracts to a small number of players and field a championship team. Every team gets the same relief with a cap going up. It simply increases player contract amounts. The NFL wants offense .The rules favor offense. The Cap forces teams to make choices. The salary inflation is because most teams are paying bigger dollars for offense. See crazy receiver contracts.

To wrap up my thoughts. KC will always be offense first. The defense will be average at best. Trade some picks to move up in the draft for ready to go high ceiling players on defense. You get defensive talent on  rookie contracts. I think this was Veach approach in the last draft and he may be more aggressive in this draft.

Juju has been absolutely outstanding, short of the fumble.  He’s been a difference maker, he’s the tough over the middle receiver the chiefs have been lacking.  I’m not breaking the bank for him, but if he’ll extend for #2 wr money, then veach would be stupid not to.  Juju and Mahomes also have good chemistry that’s getting even better.  I don’t understand the complaint about juju. 

MVS has ok numbers, but too many drops, and too many times where he and Pat just aren’t on the same page. I’d be ok if they didn’t bring him back. 

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

agreed but the Chiefs should lock him up before some dumbass team cough Raiders raises the bar

Agreed.  Outside of Odell the FA wr class isnt all that great either.  Best chance at getting a tru #1 is Ross is who they think he can be Toney staying relatively injury free both big IFs though or getting a bit lucky in the draft.