Christmas game v Seattle= COLD!

11 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

I seems to me that most of the PI’s where bc the defenders still don’t look for the ball.  That and the ball being under thrown and basically forcing the receiver to come back into the defender. 

it certainly worked for Burrows and Co

1 hour ago, West said:

It was really one rookie, who is still learning under fire.  That said, its the NFL and Spags better be ready for that in the playoffs.

If a rookie get torched once, count on Cinci's, & Buffalo to just keep pouring it on.

w

Spags had Snead shadowing Metcalf all game on Saturday.  Maybe that's a new trend and he'll use it against Chase with McDuffie on Higgins.  Watson and Williams are okay for rookies, but rookies get penalties and make mistakes.  Clark and Karlaftis are playing better the past few games and maybe that little extra pressure will mean one or two fewer completions in a game.  That would have been enough for the Chiefs to win against both Cincy and the Bills earlier this season. 

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

His field awareness and body control is next level. 

It just amazes me how he seems to know within 1/4 inch of where the LOS and the first down marker is when he is running forward and looking for his receiver. He seems to never miss. How does he do that?! We'll never see another Chiefs QB like this.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It just amazes me how he seems to know within 1/4 inch of where the LOS and the first down marker is when he is running forward and looking for his receiver. He seems to never miss. How does he do that?! We'll never see another Chiefs QB like this.

Also for those of you who have played baseball know that Mahomes incorporates that into his throws and body movements. Some of his throws look like a SS who crosses over the bag on balls up the middle and almost throws backward to first while in the air. These days kids start a sport at 8u and never play another sport competitively. I'm a big proponent of playing 2 or 3 sports. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Also for those of you who have played baseball know that Mahomes incorporates that into his throws and body movements. Some of his throws look like a SS who crosses over the bag on balls up the middle and almost throws backward to first while in the air. These days kids start a sport at 8u and never play another sport competitively. I'm a big proponent of playing 2 or 3 sports. 

Most pro footballers are 2-3 sport athletes

you'd be surprised how many offensive and defensive lineman were damned good basketball players

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Yeah.  I know a lot of his unusual skills come from being a shortstop.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

OBJ didn't allow a single pressure vs. Seattle. Encouraging. 

Since I senu-defended Clark this week, I might as well go all in and do the same with OBJ.  It's likely that he was hampered by injury earlier in the season and of course, he missed most of the off season program and part of TC.  That's not to say he should break the bank this winter, but he's not the failure that many here like to make him.  JMHO