Ref Bias? For your consideration

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/nfl-referee-exposed-for-potential-bias-against-chiefs-01gmnf2p5efr/partners/40734?fbclid=IwAR08xIRQqp2U0miFfvfPZQzEnazIiTIlSVzqKQuPMMlKW0ofzqa7TGWiEHQ

NFL News and Rumors

NFL Referee Exposed for Potential Bias Against Chiefs

Adam Taylor McKillop

10:58 AM EST

The Kansas City Chiefs escaped NRG Stadium in Houston, TX with a gritty overtime win over the Houston Texans. Kansas City's win kept them firmly atop the AFC standings with a strong 11-3 record and a great opportunity to grab the No. 1 seed in the conference come playoffs.

Sunday's win was no easy task, especially thanks to the officiating of Carl Cheffers. Week 15 was yet another incident of Cheffers displaying some potential bias against the Chiefs when he failed to throw a flag on Maliek Collins obvious roughing the passer penalty.

Some quick research from FanSided's Preston Farr exposed Cheffers for his suspicious track record against Patrick Mahomes and his squad.

According to Farr's research, 21.9% of Kansas City's total penalties have occurred in 14% of their games thus far (the two officiated by Cheffers).

He added that this now marks the second season in a row in which Cheffers' crews penalize the Chiefs at the second-highest rate in football. Keep in mind, Andy Reid and his squad play one of the cleanest versions of football in the entire NFL. Through Week 15, the Chiefs pick up the 6th-fewest penalties per game.

They average just 5.1 per game. On Sunday, Cheffers and his crew flagged Kansas City a total of 10 times.

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Nick Wright had a good line on tv today. They asked him “The Eagles almost lost because Justin Fields was magical for the Bears, who did the Texans have who was magical?” Nick answered “Carl Cheffers.”

had to look up who Nick Wright is and see his is a born n bred KCr but still that is funny and telling the this Cheffers guy's cover is blown. There should be a write in campaign in regards to this.

5 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Nick Wright had a good line on tv today. They asked him “The Eagles almost lost because Justin Fields was magical for the Bears, who did the Texans have who was magical?” Nick answered “Carl Cheffers.”

Thst 2 point conversion bs call against the Steelers in the playoffs along with the PI call hurt us. He called the roughing the passer against Jones on Carr early this year on the strip fumble sack. He called our SB loss against the Bucs. He has a hard on for us. We get double digit penalties while the other team usually ends up with 4. Hell against the Bills in 2020 there were 7 first quarter penalties alone in that game.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Thst 2 point conversion bs call against the Steelers in the playoffs along with the PI call hurt us. He called the roughing the passer against Jones on Carr early this year on the strip fumble sack. He called our SB loss against the Bucs. He has a hard on for us. We get double digit penalties while the other team usually ends up with 4. Hell against the Bills in 2020 there were 7 first quarter penalties alone in that game.

Yep exactly, and yet when i mentioned how bs the refs in the bucs superbowl were i was called “a conspiracy theorist” by a certain someone here. Even though at this point it’s clearly factual.

btw i will go to my death bed thinking the steelers game was a flop by the defensive ends of the steelers and cheffers bails them out. No one has EVER brought this up, but both d ends magically fall down on this play and make no attempt to get to alex smith, they simply fall down. just watch this clip.

https://youtu.be/jDZGYUFRr6g

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

This guy called it before the Texans game:

I disagree with what red beard said. I think Cheffers is being petty and might very well be punishing (if not outright then subconsciously) the Chiefs for past remarks. Chiefs get flagged way more times when Cheffers refs the games than not. Coincidence?

13 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I disagree with what red beard said. I think Cheffers is being petty and might very well be punishing (if not outright then subconsciously) the Chiefs for past remarks. Chiefs get flagged way more times when Cheffers refs the games than not. Coincidence?

I think a Chiefs player stole his girlfriend or something. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I have to wonder if similar thoughts are going through the fan base of the #1 team this clown has flagged?

Next time he's at Arrowhead, the fans need to give him the welcome he deserves. They need to put his face and that data up on the Jumbotron before the game... you know... to set the tone.

Maybe he'll do the right thing and keep the hankie in his pocket.

4 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I'd be interested to see what his flags per game for the chiefs versus other teams he refs for!

In 15 years as a head ref, Carl Cheffers' crews penalized the KC @Chiefs 143x, most in the #NFL, & for a total of 1,240 yards, 2nd most of any team. The avg team caught 86 flags & 740 yards.

Is it still a conspiracy if the data supports you #ChiefsKingdom?