Looking very likely we get Miami in first round

Not so sure.  The Bills/Bengals game next week is huge.  Bengals win and the Chiefs are playing for the #1 seed.  Bills win and the Chiefs are probably #2.  Chiefs lose to a Raider team still in the hunt could mean #3.  The third seed could be murderous.  Chargers for a third meeting, Cincy on the road, and Bills on the road.  Then there's always the chance that the Chargers gain the #5 and the Chiefs get the Ravens.  Next weekend will be interesting for sure. 

4 hours ago, mex said:

Go Cincy week 17

Then go NE. Then go Balt. 

If Chiefs win out and Cincy takes care of the Bills, we don't care about anyone else.  My nightmare is having to play the Chargers a third time this year before going on the road to CINN and BUFF.  A loss to the Raiders could mean that, although PIT may have taken the wind out of the Raider's sails last night.  

All I care about is Cincinnati knocking off buffalo.  Get the home field advantage, and the chiefs will be just fine.  If this team plays to its potential, there’s not a team that it can’t beat by 10+. The hump for the chiefs is to not beat themselves with dumb mistakes.  

45 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Get the home field advantage, and the chiefs will be just fine.  If this team plays to its potential, there’s not a team that it can’t beat by 10+.

That's exactly what I thought... last year.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

All I care about is Cincinnati knocking off buffalo.  Get the home field advantage, and the chiefs will be just fine.  If this team plays to its potential, there’s not a team that it can’t beat by 10+. The hump for the chiefs is to not beat themselves with dumb mistakes.  

I think every play off team and their fan base would think the same thing. If we dont beat ourselves we can beat anyone. I think KC is on par with the other contenders. The Chiefs secondary will be torched in the play offs because of lack of experience and no depth. Chiefs offense will need to be almost perfect. So yes if we dont turn it over etc. Chiefs can win it all as can any team that gets to the dance. Maybe not the Jags or Tenn. I think this will not be the year KC goes far in the play offs. Too many young guys and no real explosive threat without Hill in the playoffs is a huge difference maker. Of course Mahomes can change all that with his elite talent. He will need to play his very very best.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think every play off team and their fan base would think the same thing. If we dont beat ourselves we can beat anyone. I think KC is on par with the other contenders. The Chiefs secondary will be torched in the play offs because of lack of experience and no depth. Chiefs offense will need to be almost perfect. So yes if we dont turn it over etc. Chiefs can win it all as can any team that gets to the dance. Maybe not the Jags or Tenn. I think this will not be the year KC goes far in the play offs. Too many young guys and no real explosive threat without Hill in the playoffs is a huge difference maker. Of course Mahomes can change all that with his elite talent. He will need to play his very very best.

The secondary is fine.  If they get torched it’ll be because the front got no pressure and the opposing qb had all day to pick them apart.  

Just now, moons314 said:

The secondary is fine.  If they get torched it’ll be because the front got no pressure and the opposing qb had all day to pick them apart.  

FINE? The Chiefs are about fourth in the league with pressure on the QB.  Plenty of sacks and passes batted down. The secondary should be much better next year. Currently there is no depth. Imagine, I sure hope not, if McDuffie or Sneed get hurt. Who plays then? KC has not played a top offense in awhile. Top QBs will have success. 

No question I am rooting this will not be the case!

TBH, I'd rather not see Miami or LA in the first round.  Our defense doesn't match up very well with either if them. 

If I had to pick one..I'd go with playing the fins cause Tua.

Herbert, Allen and Williams scares the living shit out of me..On top of that, their crazy ass coach goes for 4th downs like it ain't shit..

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

TBH, I'd rather not see Miami or LA in the first round.  Our defense doesn't match up very well with either if them. 

If I had to pick one..I'd go with playing the fins cause Tua.

Herbert, Allen and Williams scares the living shit out of me..On top of that, their crazy ass coach goes for 4th downs like it ain't shit..

Well if we get the first seed, we won't likely see either as they will play the likes if cincy and buffalo.

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

IF Pigs could fly..Chiefs wont be the first seed.. you heard it here first

Not likely, but not that far fetched.  Saw the odds at 31% for the Chiefs to be #1.  They have to win out, which is very possible and the Bills have to lose to Cincy which is about 50/50.  Chiefs playing Fins or Pats most likely.  Playing Ravens, least likely.  Playing Chargers is somewhere in between.  I'd hate to see the Chargers again because it's hard to beat a good team three times in a season.