Broncos Fire Hackett

KC Warpaint

The Broncos are gonna be a bit of a hard sell for a good coach now.  They have ownership question marks, the Wilson contract, huge turnover at the head coach position.  It used to be a dream job, now I'm not so sure.  Obviously it's an opportunity for someone, but I'm not sure they are in the position to attract a Sean Payton anymore.  Who knows.  I hate the Broncos, but I suppose life is more interesting with decent rivals.  Never mind.  I hope they suck forever.  

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The Broncos are gonna be a bit of a hard sell for a good coach now.  They have ownership question marks, the Wilson contract, huge turnover at the head coach position.  It used to be a dream job, now I'm not so sure.  Obviously it's an opportunity for someone, but I'm not sure they are in the position to attract a Sean Payton anymore.  Who knows.  I hate the Broncos, but I suppose life is more interesting with decent rivals.  Never mind.  I hope they suck forever.  

Money talks. 

If he did take it he would want his guys, a lot of control and then a fire sale to get picks and his players in from the draft and FA.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, kkuenn said:

Money talks. 

If he did take it he would want his guys, a lot of control and then a fire sale to get picks and his players in from the draft and FA.

but it would take picks also because he is under contract with the saints still, the donkeys ain't got that capital

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

but it would take picks also because he is under contract with the saints still, the donkeys ain't got that capital

Yes and hence the fire sale to get as many picks as they can back and start fresh. I honestly would not mind Payton taking over for Reid some day.

• 1 month later...

21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Take them a year to get it down, then time to pay Herbert. They are in cap hell already from this year going all in. 

A year? Lunacy.

The cap could be an issue, they'll fix it on the defensive side. Herbert, Allen, Williams, Ekeler will be tough.