Bieniemy's options

He's on a 1 year contract with KC this year. Looking through the NFL standings, I only see 4 openings or likely openings. 

Currently open: Colts, Panthers, and Broncos. 

Likely open: Cardinals 

Long-shot open: Raiders, Rams

I could see all other franchises (including Raiders and Rams) staying put with their current HCs.

Not sure EB gets a HC shot this year, either. 

1 minute ago, Boone said:

He's on a 1 year contract with KC this year. Looking through the NFL standings, I only see 4 openings or likely openings. 

I could see all other franchises (including Raiders and Rams) staying put with their current HCs.

I’m not sure what the trend has been past years but I think it 6. Six teams avg a year looking for a head coach. 
You’re right, I’m not sure if he gets a job. I’m not sure kc re signs him but knowing Andy he probably will. 
I’d like to move on from him. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/12/26/eric-bieniemy-mentioned-among-initial-broncos-head-coaching-candidates/

Kansas City Chiefs’ offensive coordinator is once again front and center when it comes to NFL head coaching rumors for another year.

Just in case you thought Eric Bieniemy’s time had run its course as a prime head coaching candidate (somehow without ever having gotten a job), you can rest assured his name will be bandied about once again. That’s at least what we’re seeing in the early rumor cycles of names associated with the Denver Broncos.

55 minutes ago, Boone said:

he's already interviewed for the Colts once before and they passed and I think the Panthers as well regardless he's had 14 HC interviews & OBTW Arizona Cardinals extend GM Steve Keim, head coach Kliff Kingsbury through 2027 season Mar 2, 2022

21 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Other jobs i could see opening up at HC

Patriots

Chargers

Ravens

Browns

Texans

Commanders

Lions

Saints

Bucs

i think there will probably be 10 hc jobs available 

I find it hard to see any of those opening up: 

Pats - only if BB wants to retire

Chargers - playing just good enough to not make a change

Ravens - I think it's Harbaugh's job until he walks away

Browns - Stefanski's year 3, but just year 1 (or 0.5?) with Watson. They'll want to see what the 2020 coach of the year does with a full year.

Texans - only year 1 of Lovie, and after last year's controversy, I don't see them wanting to be in the news for another bungled coaching search 

Commanders - Rivera just needs a QB. Without one, he's led them to .500 in a stacked division 

Lions - Campbell will still be biting kneecaps next year with the way they've played the second half of the season

Saints - they'll give Allen another year at least, esp since next year won't have Brees' dead cap charge

Bucs - Bowles was just promoted to HC. Not moving on from him after 1 year. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

he's already interviewed for the Colts once before and they passed and I think the Panthers as well regardless he's had 14 HC interviews & OBTW Arizona Cardinals extend GM Steve Keim, head coach Kliff Kingsbury through 2027 season Mar 2, 2022

I forgot the Cards extended them both. With the current season implosion and the GM being on a leave of absence, I was thinking that the owners might want to clean house. 

He is going to have to wait for the Sean Payton sweepstakes.   I honestly think it'll be Denver or bust because that job isn't going to coveted by anyone but if he wants a shot then that might be his best shot.    We could sure use those 2 3rd round picks though, so hoping he finds one this cycle.

1 hour ago, Boone said:

I find it hard to see any of those opening up: 

Pats - only if BB wants to retire

Chargers - playing just good enough to not make a change

Ravens - I think it's Harbaugh's job until he walks away

Browns - Stefanski's year 3, but just year 1 (or 0.5?) with Watson. They'll want to see what the 2020 coach of the year does with a full year.

Texans - only year 1 of Lovie, and after last year's controversy, I don't see them wanting to be in the news for another bungled coaching search 

Commanders - Rivera just needs a QB. Without one, he's led them to .500 in a stacked division 

Lions - Campbell will still be biting kneecaps next year with the way they've played the second half of the season

Saints - they'll give Allen another year at least, esp since next year won't have Brees' dead cap charge

Bucs - Bowles was just promoted to HC. Not moving on from him after 1 year. 

I mean some of my list were steches, im just saying every year one or two of these streches happens, in regards to what i feel is moat likely on this list.

Chargers - if they get bounced round 1 of the playoffs and hear sean peyton wants the job Staley is fired 100%

Ravens - Theres only so many years the entire roster can get injurred in a row without questioning the way practices and training is ran. For instance this impossibly long ravens pre season winstreak can be seen as pushing too hard pre season.

Pats - There is no scenario where the patriots are contenders anytime soon, the roster sucks and bill is 70, no point in him rebuilding for 3 years and then retiring.

He's not getting a job this year either.  Too bad Deion took the Colorado job, that was probably our best chance to get rid of him. Obviously there's something about Bienemy that's keep him from getting a head job, and I don't think that's suddenly going to change, unless that dumpster fire in Denver takes a chance on him.  I'd much rather have Nagy as the primary offensive assistant. 

9 hours ago, moons314 said:

He's not getting a job this year either.  Too bad Deion took the Colorado job, that was probably our best chance to get rid of him. Obviously there's something about Bienemy that's keep him from getting a head job, and I don't think that's suddenly going to change, unless that dumpster fire in Denver takes a chance on him.  I'd much rather have Nagy as the primary offensive assistant. 

agreed but at the end of the day it seems that the Kid just doesn't interview very well and is seen as just an Andy coattail rider

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

agreed but at the end of the day it seems that the Kid just doesn't interview very well and is seen as just an Andy coattail rider

Don’t talk like that… we must get rid of bieniemy, we will get rid of him… he is a great hire… all other nfl teams want to hire him as head coach, we must talk this into existence 

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

He is going to have to wait for the Sean Payton sweepstakes.   I honestly think it'll be Denver or bust because that job isn't going to coveted by anyone but if he wants a shot then that might be his best shot.    We could sure use those 2 3rd round picks though, so hoping he finds one this cycle.

I just wish he'd wear pants to his interviews, thereby increasing odds he might land a job. 

I mean how many times does a guy need to hear "Eric we loved speaking with you, but we could all see your balls", before he starts wearing frickin pants to his interviews?

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just wish he'd wear pants to his interviews, thereby increasing odds he might land a job. 

I mean how many times does a guy need to hear "Eric we loved speaking with you, but we could all see your balls", before he starts wearing frickin pants to his interviews?

BOOM!!!  Mystery solved!!!!  But, you are incorrect.  It wasn't because they could see his balls, it was because they could see he HAD NO BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Did he do the Chris Jones while running down the hallway to the interview?  

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

agree with you on the Bronco's job, they won't get Payton because whomever does get him has to give a draft pick to the Saints because he is still under contract and the donkeys probably do not have enough value picks to interest the saint's

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach. 

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, 

26 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach. 

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, 

Candy probably knows more about Football than the rest of those slap nuts, she's been a rabid Football fan for years. I think she had aspirations of being the NFL Commish. I have always liked her and felt bad for her when she signed on to the sinking ship that is the Donkeys

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Candy probably knows more about Football than the rest of those slap nuts, she's been a rabid Football fan for years. I think she had aspirations of being the NFL Commish. I have always liked her and felt bad for her when she signed on to the sinking ship that is the Donkeys

Haha..I "liked" her too. But now...She is the enemy.

Anyways, I really feel like its time for us to move on from EB. I think he's worn out his welcome now quite frankly. And I wouldn't be mad if he took Spags with him TBH.

Denver would be the only team that would make sense to me. Mainly because EB knows this division well. They need some creative magic to make Wilson effective. And he would have some good info on the Chiefs game planning and tendencies. 
Other than that, I don’t think he brings much to the table.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Oof... didn't know that Rice was in the new ownership group. Keep in mind, she got he BA and PhD from the University of Denver (where I did my undergrad). So her being part-owner is a homecoming of sorts.

1 minute ago, Boone said:

Oof... didn't know that Rice was in the new ownership group. Keep in mind, she got he BA and PhD from the University of Denver (where I did my undergrad). So her being part-owner is a homecoming of sorts.

that certainly explains a lot. I always had her associated with Stanford...dont know why

10 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Denver would be the only team that would make sense to me. Mainly because EB knows this division well. They need some creative magic to make Wilson effective. And he would have some good info on the Chiefs game planning and tendencies. 
Other than that, I don’t think he brings much to the table.

I think Denver will look for someone who can at least prop up Wilson (under the stated guise of "fixing" him). You'll need a QB coach for that...not a RB coach. So I would expect that EB is out for them.