A couple things....

I don't like:

PI when a receiver comes back back for a terribly underthrown ball then mauls the defender and defender gets PI.

55 yd penalty for PI. Should be 15 yds and auto 1st down.

The entire defense running 65 yards after an INT for a photo op in the EZ. If you want a photo in the EZ, get a pick 6

Pete Carroll

Raiders, Donks, Chargers

Liver

35 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I don't like:

PI when a receiver comes back back for a terribly underthrown ball then mauls the defender and defender gets PI.

55 yd penalty for PI. Should be 15 yds and auto 1st down.

The entire defense running 65 yards after an INT for a photo op in the EZ. If you want a photo in the EZ, get a pick 6

Pete Carroll

Raiders, Donks, Chargers

Liver

Agree on the photo op...I don't get the need to flex. 

If the DB isn't playing the ball, I do think PI should be called on back shoulder throws and underthrown balls if he impedes the receiver.  It's the whole "head around" thing.  I'm willing to let a lot of contact go if the DB isn't just staring at the receiver with no awareness of the ball.

PI has to be a spot foul.  It has to be.  If it were just 15 yards, every DB that got beat deep would just tackle the receiver and take the 15.  

The entire defense running to the camera is fucking ridiculous.  If you wanna celebrate, celebrate, but this 11 man pose for the camera is ignorant and needs to get flagged until its out of the game.  

9 hours ago, moons314 said:

If the DB isn't playing the ball, I do think PI should be called on back shoulder throws and underthrown balls if he impedes the receiver.  It's the whole "head around" thing.  I'm willing to let a lot of contact go if the DB isn't just staring at the receiver with no awareness of the ball.

PI has to be a spot foul.  It has to be.  If it were just 15 yards, every DB that got beat deep would just tackle the receiver and take the 15.  

The entire defense running to the camera is fucking ridiculous.  If you wanna celebrate, celebrate, but this 11 man pose for the camera is ignorant and needs to get flagged until its out of the game.  

Flagged?

Lighten up, Francis.

14 hours ago, moons314 said:

House Yes GIF

Agreed on everything here.

The running down field is kind of dumb. But nothing is a dumb as the turnover chain or turnover “backpack” (it looked like a purse) that Miami and Florida State had a few years ago.

I don’t like PI being spot foul in a lot of extreme occasions, but there are not many PIs that go beyond 20 or 30 yards I’d not think? I wonder what average yardage is on that one. Maybe that would change my mind.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm fine with that.  But OPI should be a turnover then.  Spot fouls are spot fouls.  

Most DBs won't catch the ball even if it hits em in the chest so don't see why.  That's why they play D.  By that logic all DPI should be TD's

29 minutes ago, xen said:

Most DBs won't catch the ball even if it hits em in the chest so don't see why.  That's why they play D.  By that logic all DPI should be TD's

Dpi considers it a catch. It's supposed  to be catchable but they don't go by that anymore. If you don't want a turnover then play offense correctly 

54 minutes ago, xen said:

I mean, Pat leads the league in passing, including passes 20+ yds, and we lead the league in scoring, and Kelce is still here.  

But have we hit the homerun like previous years? Serious question. Because it doesn’t seem like we have been. Could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The running down field is kind of dumb. But nothing is a dumb as the turnover chain or turnover “backpack” (it looked like a purse) that Miami and Florida State had a few years ago.

I don’t like PI being spot foul in a lot of extreme occasions, but there are not many PIs that go beyond 20 or 30 yards I’d not think? I wonder what average yardage is on that one. Maybe that would change my mind.

Last year the average nfl dpi was just over 16 yards.  And an automatic first down regardless of distance. 

22 minutes ago, mex said:

But have we hit the homerun like previous years? Serious question. Because it doesn’t seem like we have been. Could be wrong.

8 more 20+ yard passes than last year with 2 games left.  Most deep passing metrics are on par with where we were 2 years ago.