Tailgating at Arrowhead

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

My first trip ever to Arrowhead will be for the Broncos game on 1/1.  Any tips on tailgating there?  Any of you going to the game?

Also, I will be in town on NYE if any Chiefs Coalition peeps want to meet up for beer and BBQ!

Who will be with you?  Take a supply of brews and join up with a friendly group.  Are you planning on grilling?  Enjoy the experience and give yourself some time to enter the stadium.  The lines through security could get slow the last times we went. 

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

Who will be with you?  Take a supply of brews and join up with a friendly group.  Are you planning on grilling?  Enjoy the experience and give yourself some time to enter the stadium.  The lines through security could get slow the last times we went. 

Do they make you go through metal detectors?  I'm wondering if I can sneak a flask in.

9 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Do they make you go through metal detectors?  I'm wondering if I can sneak a flask in.

Check out the first line under "About this item" 😂🤣

https://www.amazon.com/Houdini-Leak-Free-Discreet-Flask-Black/dp/B091G7MWJF/ref=sr_1_6?crid=D06YPEUCHTH3&keywords=plastic+flasks+houdini&qid=1672158657&sprefix=plastic+flasks+houdini%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-6

My rules.  Follow them closely.

1.  Get there early.  Traffic is a bitch.  Parking is a bitch.  3 hours ahead of game time.

2.  If you drink, then drink.  But don't get so drunk as to not be able to enjoy the game.  Lots of people, including me, get in trouble drinking from 9 am to 4 pm.  

3.  If you can, come in from the west and park south/southeast of the stadium, just off Dubiner Circle. The little triangle where Dubiner starts to turn back north. You will be on grass and the wooded area is a much better bathroom than the porta potty thing.  You have to get there early.  You'll come in on Lancer.

wooded-lot-near-arrowhead-stadium-kansas-city-jackson-county-missouri-300703-k6xaus-xxl.jpg

4.  Lawn chairs

5.  If you are traveling and don't want to mess with cooking, you can get some party platters and sides from the local BBQ places.  

12 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

My rules.  Follow them closely.

1.  Get there early.  Traffic is a bitch.  Parking is a bitch.  3 hours ahead of game time.

2.  If you drink, then drink.  But don't get so drunk as to not be able to enjoy the game.  Lots of people, including me, get in trouble drinking from 9 am to 4 pm.  

3.  If you can, come in from the west and park south/southeast of the stadium, just off Dubiner Circle. The little triangle where Dubiner starts to turn back north. You will be on grass and the wooded area is a much better bathroom than the porta potty thing.  You have to get there early.  You'll come in on Lancer.

wooded-lot-near-arrowhead-stadium-kansas-city-jackson-county-missouri-300703-k6xaus-xxl.jpg

4.  Lawn chairs

5.  If you are traveling and don't want to mess with cooking, you can get some party platters and sides from the local BBQ places.  

Thanks!  I have a Red Parking GA pass, so not sure exactly where that is.  I am bringing my portable grill, table, lawn chair and a bottle of Old Granddad.  And I have a plastic flask to bring in with me.  How early do the gates open for tailgating?  I will be there when they open.

Just now, Joe_Chief said:

Thanks!  I have a Red Parking GA pass, so not sure exactly where that is.  I am bringing my portable grill, table, lawn chair and a bottle of Old Granddad.  And I have a plastic flask to bring in with me.  How early do the gates open for tailgating?  I will be there when they open.

Red will get you there.

https://www.chiefs.com/stadium/parking/faqs

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Save your tickets to your phone before you go to the stadium.  Data is a bitch when you get there and you can't get the app to open about game time.  

Good to know. Thanks!

Are you going to the game?

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

One thing you can say about the CC, if you can dig through the smart-assery and douche-bagging, you can get some helpful info. Often times the smart asses and douche bags eventually bring some sound advice 🤣😂🤣 

Don't know about the sound advice, but one of them brings good beer.