Put it to bed

I think it's a mix of Reid and EB. Reid has said before that he's handed off both series and halfs to his OCs. I think he doesn't announce it when he does so that opposing teams don't know and if it goes wrong, he is the one to take the blame.

I wonder if that's part of Mahomes' frustrations with EB... maybe he doesn't like EB's play calling as much. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

What is EB's actual job description?  I can't imagine EB builds the game plans each week, that has to be Andy as well. Doesn't call plays. OC is an interesting title. 

Andy has stated in the past that EB does the installs every week.

I agree with the statement that it's Andy and he gets input from the other coaches. And there are times he lets Bienemy do the plays but how much is hard to say. 

I do know there are times where the offense and the plays just feel different. Wonder if that's EB.

I don’t know how much I believe what kelce said. With that I will say there is definitely something that Pat does not agree with EB on at different times. 
personally I think EB does some play calling. I also think Reid does. 
I do think the offense is in more rhythm when reid does but hard to say. 
maybe EB does so little is why he don’t have a coaching job. 
either way, I hope EB is released or taken By a team. Time for a change. 

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I don’t know how much I believe what kelce said. With that I will say there is definitely something that Pat does not agree with EB on at different times. 
personally I think EB does some play calling. I also think Reid does. 
I do think the offense is in more rhythm when reid does but hard to say. 
maybe EB does so little is why he don’t have a coaching job. 
either way, I hope EB is released or taken By a team. Time for a change. 

I'm sure EB calls a lot of plays, always based off Andy's approved gameplan. Andy makes the major decisions... 4th and 1... PAT or 2 pt conv... etc because he's in charge.

I'm no guru like xen, but I bet when they gameplan an opponent, both EB and Andy collab on general strategy, 1st and foremost being the optimal way to exploit any defensive weaknesses... but also for situations like 1st and long, 2nd and short, 3rd and long etc.

Andy has the laminated situational plan which they draw up using the opponent's tendencies... and EB has the list of plays they've designed for each situation. EB selects what he thinks works best at that particular time in the game. That's likely why he and Patrick argue at times, and it's also why Patrick approached EB (not Andy) to run Wasp during the most important game in Chiefs history.

We all know "everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the mouth"... so they have to be able to adapt mid-game. Which is when Andy will sometimes override or take temporary control during a critical possession.

I don't think it's rocket science... they wouldn't be paying EB the big bucks if Andy was doing everything. Plus, coaches have egos just like players... and they want 'playing time' just as bad.

My .02

34 minutes ago, mex said:

I'm sure EB calls a lot of plays, always based off Andy's approved gameplan. Andy makes the major decisions... 4th and 1... PAT or 2 pt conv... etc because he's in charge.

I'm no guru like xen, but I bet when they gameplan an opponent, both EB and Andy collab on general strategy, 1st and foremost being the optimal way to exploit any defensive weaknesses... but also for situations like 1st and long, 2nd and short, 3rd and long etc.

Andy has the laminated situational plan which they draw up using the opponent's tendencies... and EB has the list of plays they've designed for each situation. EB selects what he thinks works best at that particular time in the game. That's likely why he and Patrick argue at times, and it's also why Patrick approached EB (not Andy) to run Wasp during the most important game in Chiefs history.

We all know "everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the mouth"... so they have to be able to adapt mid-game. Which is when Andy will sometimes override or take temporary control during a critical possession.

I don't think it's rocket science... they wouldn't be paying EB the big bucks if Andy was doing everything. Plus, coaches have egos just like players... and they want 'playing time' just as bad.

My .02

your probably spot on but I wonder why Nagy and Pederson got the nod for HC jobs and EB didn't 14 times? Is it as simple as he's a bad interview? Is he really getting paid the "big bucks"? IIRC Xen said he was making $1M a year and that was in line with  most Coordinators but sure seems like chicken feed to me but what do I know?

I have come to the conclusion that EB is just Andy's charity case and as long as EB brings something to the table regardless of how small and doesn't seem to be holding the team back..his job is safe. They should nick name him Radio

I think we have all read /heard speculation it has something to do with what happened in Colorado. I have not the slightest idea what that was but with all the other coaches getting 2nd and 3rd shots it's hard for me to believe that. If it where THAT BAD should he not be in jail? Even the smallest of Dv1 Football coaches have to be making $1M per. It's a head scratcher.

10 minutes ago, mex said:

He needs a button on the other side that says "ChiefsCoalition Gamethread Suggestions"

We'd win every game.

He thought about it but too chaotic and sky-is-fallingish so he opted for the calm, rational play caller whose analytical abilities under pressure is unrivaled. 

large.50147907_andyR.jpg.bab283c879bee0c7bcb28504ba08bcb3.jpg

No surprise if true, but who knows. I thought it was interesting how Jason asked Travis if he was sure. It was almost like he was trying to not make EB look bad.  Having said all that, seems like he has to be calling some of the offense after all this time with the Chiefs. I'm sure it's harder than any of us will know. 

I just wish EB would cover his mouth when he's calling (or repeating plays relayed from Reid). All coaches do that, and he doesn't seem to have enough sense to do it, for some reason. Not sure if it helps, but wish he would do that.