Put it to bed

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

your probably spot on but I wonder why Nagy and Pederson got the nod for HC jobs and EB didn't 14 times? Is it as simple as he's a bad interview? Is he really getting paid the "big bucks"? IIRC Xen said he was making $1M a year and that was in line with  most Coordinators but sure seems like chicken feed to me but what do I know?

I have come to the conclusion that EB is just Andy's charity case and as long as EB brings something to the table regardless of how small and doesn't seem to be holding the team back..his job is safe. They should nick name him Radio

I think we have all read /heard speculation it has something to do with what happened in Colorado. I have not the slightest idea what that was but with all the other coaches getting 2nd and 3rd shots it's hard for me to believe that. If it where THAT BAD should he not be in jail? Even the smallest of Dv1 Football coaches have to be making $1M per. It's a head scratcher.

Combo. Of bad interview Mahomes doing things that can't be coached turning a crap play into gold. Remember Mahomes first year and even into the 2nd Andy would go over to Mahomes on the bench and they would talk in between series.  In fact there was debate on here about it on why was Andy talking to Mahomes instead of focusing on the D.  I remember that first year starting Mahomes said him n Andy would get together every Friday and go over the game plan.  No EB or any other offensive coach just those 2.  Its no secret that Andy has been the biggest influence coach wise.  Kafka left and Mahomes hasn't missed a beat.  

Pederson left before Mahomes was drafted and Nagys OC stint was with Smith.  IMO it doesn't matter who is calling the plays  the perception is its Andys offense and with Mahomes Youre gonna look good.  I think it got brought up a couple years ago but if EB really wants to be a HC in the NFL his best course of action would be to go somewhere else and be an OC away from Reid and Mahomes and prove he can do it without them.