His development has been incredible to watch, and he's going to be good for many years to come. He gets Spag's defense and is a great asset. We need to get him signed to a long-term deal asap. I think he is better than Ward was for us, and I don't want to see Sneed leave, too.

2 hours ago, Boone said:

His development has been incredible to watch, and he's going to be good for many years to come. He gets Spag's defense and is a great asset. We need to get him signed to a long-term deal asap. I think he is better than Ward was for us, and I don't want to see Sneed leave, too.

He’s light years ahead of Ward, and I was one of the few here who liked Ward.  If they ever let him hit the open market, well then I will have to reevaluate my thoughts on Veach.

Get him signed this offseason and be done with it.

30 minutes ago, SEMO said:

He’s light years ahead of Ward, and I was one of the few here who liked Ward.  If they ever let him hit the open market, well then I will have to reevaluate my thoughts on Veach.

I'm not so sure about the Bolded but I too think Sneed has proven to be a keeper but  he might be a tag n trade scenario. It'll be curious to see what price tag he puts on himself 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not so sure about the Bolded but I too think Sneed has proven to be a keeper but  he might be a tag n trade scenario. It'll be curious to see what price tag he puts on himself 

Not saying I would be calling for his head.  Might lower my opinion of him some.  

Since he doesn’t seem to prioritize upgrading the pass rush, he better keep the good DBs.  Yeah, I know he drafted Karl and always signs a WalMart greeter with some life left late in the offseason, and it is difficult to get a premier EDGE when he is always picking at the end of the round.  

He is probably doing the best that he can for EDGE.  I am just saying to keep the guys near the top of their position unless they price themselves out.  I don’t think Snead is Tyreek.

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

I like Sneed, but I’ve seen nothing in how Veach operates that indicates he’s going to give a big contract to a corner.  If he could just figure out the pass rush, I’d be ok with running out rookie contracts and vet minimums at corner.  

Dunlop,Jones, Karlaftus and Clark are seemingly ascending.....It always comes down to money and the team's strategy on where they spend their prime cash.

It should be apparent that QB, LT and D Line are priorities.

KC seemingly did really well  in this past years draft.  KC did well in 2021 with the O-Line

2023 focus should be D-Line....

w

8 hours ago, West said:

Dunlop,Jones, Karlaftus and Clark are seemingly ascending.....It always comes down to money and the team's strategy on where they spend their prime cash.

It should be apparent that QB, LT and D Line are priorities.

KC seemingly did really well  in this past years draft.  KC did well in 2021 with the O-Line

2023 focus should be D-Line....

w

Absolutely.  Frank Clark is gone after this year, likely Dunlap too.  This off-season is the time we need to get “lucky” and find some pass rush help in the early mid rounds.  

Surely no one is naive enough to take OBJ getting a pro bowl bid as some kind of ascension on his part.  Our tackles have been bad.  

imo LT has he to be our top overall pick in the draft, both for future considerations as well as being cap friendly in the short term. 

21 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Chief’s definitely need to lock up Snead. 
I like our LB group. 
D line needs help, saftey as well. 
Does anyone know if it makes sense to get rid of saftey Reid? I’m not impressed with his play. Thornhill ? 

Thornhill is a fa I believe this year. 

Reid contract below in link, but cutting him would be very expensive in the 2nd year.

https://overthecap.com/player/justin-reid/6953

5 hours ago, West said:

This is the 2023 Challenge.  OBJ is not the answer at the price point he will want.  KC has to find a solution there.

I think the Chiefs will focus on LT (Maybe even a free agent there) and D-Line in the draft.

w

One splash FA signing at DE or OT and a high draft pick for the other position.  I believe there's more value at DE in the 2023 draft class than at OT but Veach may find another diamond at the end of the first round. 

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

One splash FA signing at DE or OT and a high draft pick for the other position.  I believe there's more value at DE in the 2023 draft class than at OT but Veach may find another diamond at the end of the first round. 

We aren't drafting at the end of the first round. The draft is in our city and our GM is one of the more aggressive in the game. 

Veach rethought his offseaon strategy after the Tyreek trade and made moves that will pay long term dividends. 

More cost controlled starters and better depth were the name of the game last offseason. This offseason Veach is gonna be pushing some chips in. We have the ability to free up a ton of cap space with a few simple moves. 

I expect him to go hard in the paint in free agency and make a day 1 trade up that blows the roof off this city. Go Big Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Both of our safeties can walk. Play Cook and get someone else. They have no impact on the game. They make no plays. 

I agree but it maybe to expensive. 
I want a ball hawk like that rookie in Chicago. Frisked I think is his name. 
big hitter also. I don’t mind a few 15 yd penalties. Play through the whistle I say.