7 hours ago, DieHard said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-safety-rankings-top-25-week-15-minkah-fitzpatrick-derwin-james-2022
Interesting/strange.

Top 25 going into Week 15.

Dallas has 3 of the 25.

Patriots 3

Ravens 2

Commanders 2

6 of the top 25 on just 2 teams. 

Be good to grab a safety in FA if we can among OT and/or DE etc. Fill holes and go into the draft being able to trade around for our guys we want.

19 hours ago, DieHard said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-safety-rankings-top-25-week-15-minkah-fitzpatrick-derwin-james-2022
Interesting/strange.

Dallas has 3 of the 25.

Patriots 3

Ravens 2

Commanders 2

Was disappointed we never got in on that trade for Minkah.  Didn't they get him for a 2nd rounder iirc. 

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

Too bad. I didn’t look at the numbers. My point is, he makes no impact. He can ride the bench then, dude. 

He is here at least for one more year.  Depending on what we do in FA I could see us drafting another S relatively high.   Don't think we will bring Thornhill back unless he just dominates down the stretch.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Was disappointed we never got in on that trade for Minkah.  Didn't they get him for a 2nd rounder iirc. 

Can’t remember.  It DE and OT seem hard to find on day 2-3. I think we can fix safety without a big investment high in the draft.

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Too bad. I didn’t look at the numbers. My point is, he makes no impact. He can ride the bench then, dude. 

If you go by PFF grades as a reference, Reid's best years were his 1st 2yrs in the NFL as a FREE SAFETY. When the Texans moved him to SS, his play dropped dramatically. He's just not a SS, but we bring him in to replace HB. If we let Thornhill walk in FA, the right decision is to move Reid back to FS. 

On 1/1/2023 at 1:51 AM, Calichief said:

I disagree. He hasn't made plays or been a ballhawk at all. But I don't believe he's been a liability based on the eye test.

I think he's miscast as a SS. I think he replaces Jaun at FS and Cook becomes a full time starter at SS next yr.

This combined with an improved d line and the young corners having more game experience is gonna help our D.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:41 PM, DieHard said:

Interesting/strange.

Dallas has 3 of the 25.

Patriots 3

Ravens 2

Commanders 2

Let's get one, dammit

23 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

If you go by PFF grades as a reference, Reid's best years were his 1st 2yrs in the NFL as a FREE SAFETY. When the Texans moved him to SS, his play dropped dramatically. He's just not a SS, but we bring him in to replace HB. If we let Thornhill walk in FA, the right decision is to move Reid back to FS. 

Was the Honey Badger on that team then?

I remember KC absolutely toasting Reid when they played Houston in the playoffs.