Chiefs Broncos Game day thread

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

The lack of commitment to the run today is just baffling. Will creep up in the playoffs per usual. I’m not sure what’s up with these guys but this Denver team gave up 51 last week.

have the chiefs had a single game without turning it over? 

You play the bills or bengals that way you are getting rolled again. I hope it’s not burrow. 4-0 could be on the horizon and that will be insufferable 

I am a Cinci fan tomorrow, though.  Getting the bye might be our best shot at running the table.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

So my point is no depth. Sneed went out and? Both Watson and Williams are torch-able. When is the last time KC played a really good offense with their starters available? Cinn. & Buff & LA will torch those two.

Yup...NFL logic has always been if you have a weak secondary, you need to have a good pass rush or vice versa 

As you know....we don't have either.. as a strength 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

have the chiefs had a single game without turning it over? 

The STs are killing us... 

I wouldn't blame Patrick too much... yeah he throws an occasional dumb ball but that's how he rolls. He's great because he makes things happen when others can't. Part of that magic is taking risks.

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

The rookies are playing good except for #23. 

I beg to differ.  Dude got called for two ticky tack bailed out calls on that one drive.   The progression he is making is pretty remarkable considering where he came from.   I think he is going to be better than Ward.

Just now, artsy said:

Yup...NFL logic has always been if you have a weak secondary, you need to have a good pass rush or vice versa 

As you know....we don't have either.. as a strength 

The pass rush is top ten. Pressure is there as well. I think 48 sacks and lots of pressure. Just crazy to have the season ride with as many as 3 rookies playing in the backfield and no veteran depth. Safety play is average at best. 

16 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I hate nfl officials.  That’s a play where past roughing flags come into play.  Defenders don’t want to get real physical with a qb for fear of flags.  His progress was stopped, it should’ve been blown dead.  Thankfully it fell harmlessly to the ground. 

Was thinking the same moon.  What are dlineman suppose to do.  They have to be cognizant of the penalty but by being gentle it gives the qb an opportunity to make a play and advance the ball.  It needs to be blown dead when it is clear the defender has the qb wrapped up.   I know that prohibits some qbs from making spectacular plays but if safety is the goal then that has to be part of the compromise.  Glad nothing was called and it resulted in a incompletion.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I beg to differ.  Dude got called for two ticky tack bailed out calls on that one drive.   The progression he is making is pretty remarkable considering where he came from.   I think he is going to be better than Ward.

Yea he'll be better than or equal to Ward and that would be a win for kc

Ward has been lock down in SF.  Every fan base thinks its the calls.

Hous, Denver twice, Tenn, and the Rams played with some backup Qbs and #1 receivers out. All moved the ball against KC almost at will. Those teams suck on offense Totally suck. 

12 minutes ago, mex said:

Pretty sure anyone with a brain understands this... HFA doesn't matter.  At this point the bye would be nice but I doubt many expect a SB run this year.

Next year be a different story though.

True but the "wait till next year" is never a guarantee.  I'm sure many GB fans thought the same during the early years of Rodgers.  I do believe we will be way better next year but we have a chance this year and we have the team that has the ability to do it.  I do agree the bye is by far the more important part of the #1 seed.  Don't we play better on the road? 

The announcers at the beginning of the game...."The Chiefs have one of the most balanced O's in the L a really nice running game...."   Andy....hold my beer.....

We may have the Andy that could not win the big game in Philly?

He got blown out in SB #2. Yes we blamed the oline.OK

He blew a huge lead against Buff but Mahomes bailed him out in 13 seconds only to blow the lead against Cinn last year in the AFCCG. 

I said it before. KC was a bit lucky in the SB win. Down late they get the miracle Wasp Play and Jimmy G missed a wide open receiver for the game winner.

Andy is never going to change. He wont run the ball. He may be that guy that gets out coached in the big games. 

18 minutes ago, mex said:

I would have never thought it possible honestly. Should have NEVER lost to Indy... we should be 14-2. 

The other two losses were to better teams... I don't expect we can beat either in the playoffs.

Guess that's why you play 'em.

Yea, for the first time in a while, indent see us beating either in the playoffs. I think missing #10 in the playoffs will be glaring. Unless mecole comes back with a big role. Unless we run the ball and do what other used to do to us comes to fruition.  Need to keep burrow and Allen off the field. 

1/100 odds we do that..

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

We may have the Andy that could not win the big game in Philly?

He got blown out in SB #2. Yes we blamed the oline.OK

He blew a huge lead against Buff but Mahomes bailed him out in 13 seconds only to blow the lead against Cinn last year in the AFCCG. 

I said it before. KC was a bit lucky in the SB win. Down late they get the miracle Wasp Play and Jimmy G missed a wide open receiver for the game winner.

Andy is never going to change. He wont run the ball. He may be that guy that gets out coached in the big games. 

Today you could tell Mahomes looked off in the 2nd half.  Not quite as bad as the Cincy game last year but nearly that bad for a couple series and you would think Andy would see that and call some simple plays to break him out of that funk or ........run the ball!   Instead we lost like 3 series in a row because something was off.  

I love Andy but there is some truth to this.  That 2nd half of the Cincy game was the brutal mixture of Mahomes being way off and our HC being oblivious to what was happening and failing to exploit that D.  What really concerns me is 1 year later  and we still don't have a sure fire way to exploit that style of D (or worse we refuse to exploit it with the run).  

I say all that and realize we are 13-3 in large part because of Andy Reid so until there is a sure fire better option I am happy with Reid and will live with his short comings.  Mahomes and Reid have shown they can get the job done something none of the other competition in the AFC has proven.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Today you could tell Mahomes looked off in the 2nd half.  Not quite as bad as the Cincy game last year but nearly that bad for a couple series and you would think Andy would see that and call some simple plays to break him out of that funk or ........run the ball!   Instead we lost like 3 series in a row because something was off.  

I love Andy but there is some truth to this.  That 2nd half of the Cincy game was the brutal mixture of Mahomes being way off and our HC being oblivious to what was happening and failing to exploit that D.  What really concerns me is 1 year later  and we still don't have a sure fire way to exploit that style of D (or worse we refuse to exploit it with the run).  

I say all that and realize we are 13-3 in large part because of Andy Reid so until there is a sure fire better option I am happy with Reid and will live with his short comings.  Mahomes and Reid have shown they can get the job done something none of the other competition in the AFC has proven.   

Even more present against Tampa. Refused to run. Absolutely I will not run it.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

The question becomes will Mahomes be like the Rogers career in GB? Lots of play off appearances and just one ring. Yes 13-3 is largely because of Mahomes and Reids leadership. Andy may become the thing that keeps KC out of the SB but always in the playoffs. Andy wont change. 

We can beat any team in the NFL.   The Bills were playing way better when they beat us by what 4 points than they are now. We had the Cincy game in hand and fumbled it away.  Sure we could get bounced but so could any team.   

These mistakes we make week in and week out are frustrating and make these games a lot closer than they should be but this team is capable of dominating a game.  This team is capable of winning the SB.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yes 13-3 14-3 is awesome. Regular season is amazing. Can KC get to the big game with Reid? At least we have a shot.