Chiefs Broncos Game day thread

Just now, Lamardirts said:

We can beat any team in the NFL.   The Bills were playing way better when they beat us by what 4 points than they are now. We had the Cincy game in hand and fumbled it away.  Sure we could get bounced but so could any team.   

These mistakes we make week in and week out are frustrating and make these games a lot closer than they should be but this team is capable of dominating a game.  This team is capable of winning the SB.

Yes I agree. Usually KC is finishing strong. This team looks like it has got worse as the season has progressed. Maybe they are just bored? We will find out soon.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes 13-3 14-3 is awesome. Regular season is amazing. Can KC get to the big game with Reid? At least we have a shot.

I'm excited we have that shot year in and year out.   Mahomes has gotten us to the SB or AFC chip game every year but his first.   I have faith they can do it again!  

29 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The pass rush is top ten. Pressure is there as well. I think 48 sacks and lots of pressure. Just crazy to have the season ride with as many as 3 rookies playing in the backfield and no veteran depth. Safety play is average at best. 

Those stats are deceiving. We blitz a lot which means we leave our secondary vulnerable on the back end.  We are also 20th vs the pass.   We don't generate consistent 4 man pressure or sacks frequently enough to protect the back end.  

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Those stats are deceiving. We blitz a lot which means we leave our secondary vulnerable on the back end.  We are also 20th vs the pass.   We don't generate consistent 4 man pressure or sacks frequently enough to protect the back end.  

The pressure is there. The Dbs are average at best except for Sneed and McDuffie. 

Chiefs run d is pretty good. Chiefs are usually in the lead so you know the pass is coming.  Marginal to awful QBs are exploiting the pass defense. Wait till the top playoff QBs show up. 

For all the Debbie Downers, consider the PHL game today.  How did MIA do?  SFO is leading but struggling early against the Raiders new QB.  Teams with nothing to lose are dangerous and any win is welcome.  Have we forgotten the years when the Chiefs were the team that came close but lost when the clock read 00"00?  As for Williams, I think some are too hard on him.  The penalties were soft and as vet CB wouldn't have had the calls go against him.  He has the tools and just needs experience at this level.  BTW, I saw Ward get nailed in the SFO game.  We need to stop expecting rooks, especially those from small schools, to be instant stars. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

For all the Debbie Downers, consider the PHL game today.  How did MIA do?  SFO is leading but struggling early against the Raiders new QB.  Teams with nothing to lose are dangerous and any win is welcome.  Have we forgotten the years when the Chiefs were the team that came close but lost when the clock read 00"00?  As for Williams, I think some are too hard on him.  The penalties were soft and as vet CB wouldn't have had the calls go against him.  He has the tools and just needs experience at this level.  BTW, I saw Ward get nailed in the SFO game.  We need to stop expecting rooks, especially those from small schools, to be instant stars. 

I’m pretty sure both Miami and Philly were without their starting qbs today. 

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes I agree. Usually KC is finishing strong. This team looks like it has got worse as the season has progressed. Maybe they are just bored? We will find out soon.

It has been an odd year.  I do think robgar made a good point though.  We are getting the best out of these teams because some of these teams we have beaten so many times this is their SB.  Mix that with a team that obviously gets bored and still mixing in new players in the mix and its a recipe for some let downs.  Thankfully the let downs are just ugly wins.  

I don't have a problem with Williams. He's in good position most of the time just gets to handsy when he doesn't have to. He'll get better. I think he has the tools. Hanging on to barely beat shitty teams is a bit concerning. Denver was destroyed by a bad team last week. I'll chalk it up to playing down to the opponent.  

Just now, Lamardirts said:

It has been an odd year.  I do think robgar made a good point though.  We are getting the best out of these teams because some of these teams we have beaten so many times this is their SB.  Mix that with a team that obviously gets bored and still mixing in new players in the mix and its a recipe for some let downs.  Thankfully the let downs are just ugly wins.  

Andy will say 

All these NFL games come down to a tip pass or a play or two. We need to clean some things up. That was a good defense and team we played today.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Patrick Mahomes - 5048 yards, 67% comp., 44 total TD's (40 passing, 4 rushing), 12 ints, 0 fumbles lost, 321 rushing yards, &  315 yards per game.  

Dude is the hands down MVP and its not even close.  

In 16 games. Without Reek.

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

At the half.

Raiders 17  SF 14

Stidham  11-14 for 145 and 2td

5 runs for 31 yards 

Raiders 246 yards in the first half.

Glad the Chiefs are playing them next week rather than today.  Like Denver, teams just seem to react when there a shakeup.  Not sure the Raiders can hang on today, but they certainly came to play. 

3 minutes ago, mex said:

In 16 games. Without Reek.

He’s been better without Hill.  Last year had some spells where the offense sputtered too, but this year is more balanced and harder to defend.

it’s still amazing how, after all of those years of qb futility, Blackledge to has beens to Bono and on and on, we now have arguably the best to ever play the position.  I don’t think a Green Bay or San Francisco type fan base would be as “appreciative “ as ours. 

Glad the Chiefs are playing them next week rather than today.  Like Denver, teams just seem to react when there a shakeup.  Not sure the Raiders can hang on today, but they certainly came to play. 

Stidham the next nobody QB to put numbers up against KC. Next week will not be easy.

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Patrick Mahomes - 5048 yards, 67% comp., 44 total TD's (40 passing, 4 rushing), 12 ints, 0 fumbles lost, 321 rushing yards, &  315 yards per game.  

Dude is the hands down MVP and its not even close.  

Too many haters like Slip Basless, I mean Skip Bayless, in the media who vote the MVP.  Maybe tomorrow he’ll be too busy slobbing Brady’s knob to argue w Shannon too much.