Chiefs Broncos Game day thread

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

SFO?  Been a long time although the SEA game was pretty comfortable.  Just need to play more NLFWest teams. 

Look at jet bringing the IATA code for the 49ers. You can take jetlord out of the plane but you can't take the plane out of jetlord. BTW, I'm taking MCI over LAS,  though it'll be close. 

My thoughts regarding this game and moving forward is: Mahomes, as good as he is, sometimes makes poor throws. He admits as much in his post game presser. Reid needs to try and balance the run/pass game better. Defense is not great but can be solid... situationally. ST scares the daylights out of me. 

Now we are tasked with going on the road and beating a Raiders team that almost took down the 49ers. Took them to OT and scored 34 points on their defense. They would love to send KC into the playoffs off a loss.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Look at jet bringing the IATA code for the 49ers. You can take jetlord out of the plane but you can't take the plane out of jetlord. BTW, I'm taking MCI over LAS,  though it'll be close. 

Not my fault I was born too lazy to spell out city names.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

My thoughts regarding this game and moving forward is: Mahomes, as good as he is, sometimes makes poor throws. He admits as much in his post game presser. Reid needs to try and balance the run/pass game better. Defense is not great but can be solid... situationally. ST scares the daylights out of me. 

Now we are tasked with going on the road and beating a Raiders team that almost took down the 49ers. Took them to OT and scored 34 points on their defense. They would love to send KC into the playoffs off a loss.

That’s the issue that’s always been present, the predictable offense. That’s the only reason we need the run, balance and make the defense honest. I don’t want the run because I love it, we need it to makes pats job easier. 

as i said yesterday these are the hard games, busted teams out of the playoffs with nothing to loose.. 

there the raiders, i expect a hard physical game... we are gonna have to whip the raiders asses, like the low lifes they are.. 

thats all there is to it.. the raiders game doesnt scare me as much as the denver game did though.. I was really worried about that matchup. 

theres no telling what a team with a just fired coach will do.. However the players, have to prove they havent given up.. thats a given.. 

desperation.... creates strange things. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nflvideos/mahomes-on-week-17-vs-broncos-i-feel-like-i-didn-t-play-at-the-top-of-my-game/vi-AA15TV3K?cvid=c42e87c0c36e4042b6278f4fc67607e5&category=foryou

Sometimes it is not the receivers fault for not being on the same page with Pat. . In this video Mahomes states he missed several open guys especially on the deeper throws and he was not playing at the top of his game. Nice interview. Mahomes is the ultimate TEAK FIRST GUY

Still put up awesome overall numbers. 

1 hour ago, robgar said:

as i said yesterday these are the hard games, busted teams out of the playoffs with nothing to loose.. 

there the raiders, i expect a hard physical game... we are gonna have to whip the raiders asses, like the low lifes they are.. 

thats all there is to it.. the raiders game doesnt scare me as much as the denver game did though.. I was really worried about that matchup. 

theres no telling what a team with a just fired coach will do.. However the players, have to prove they havent given up.. thats a given.. 

desperation.... creates strange things. 

I'd be more comfortable if the game was in KC.  The Raiders may be less fired up than the Donks since it was their QB of several years that got canned and not an unpopular head coach.  They also got eliminated from any playoff chance yesterday.  Would they love to beat the Chiefs?  Sure.  Will they be looking forward to the off season already?  Maybe.  Just hope there's no injuries this week.  

I just watched the game. I'm not sure what to think. I thought the offense looked really good in some areas and liked a few of the play calls. I do wish they'd run the ball more, but they seem to shy away from it when it's not immediately successful. The defense still seems like they're tryin g to figure some things out in the secondary. Karlaftus is really playing better. 

I guess I'm a glass half full person. The Broncos had lost to the Chiefs 14 straight times, and you can tell they're tired of it. I think a lot of you guys are stressed because of what has happened in the past with the Chiefs, and I don't blame you, so am I.

As of right now, I want no part of the Bengals or Bills, but the Chiefs can't hide because they're coming for us, LOL. The one positive is this team really steps it up in the playoffs, it's like a whole other level. 

12 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Stidham has one start in 3 years.  He lost it.  He has 5 career touchdowns and 6 interceptions.  What would be an example of a quarterback that you wouldn't be scared of?

Scared? Just pointing out this guy can do some things. Seems like several no name QBs have had some success against KC. I expect the Raiders will score 24+ against KC but KC will score a little more. Stidham had a great game against a very good SF defense.

27-24 Chiefs  

Note: Stidham did not lose the game the Raiders did. He put up a solid performance. Was in NE with  McDaniels so he knows that system well.