Chiefs Broncos Game day thread

Just now, moons314 said:

Yup.  The offense and ST have to fix the turnovers, there’s no questioning that, but a defense giving up points 80% of the time after turnovers is unacceptable. 

Well when you turn it over on our side of the field,  points tend to be scored at a higher rate.

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yup.  The offense and ST have to fix the turnovers, there’s no questioning that, but a defense giving up points 80% of the time after turnovers is unacceptable. 

The defense is on pace for 200 yards of total offense and 100 passing.  They haven't played that bad. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

The defense is on pace for 200 yards of total offense and 100 passing.  They haven't played that bad. 

That’s missing my point.   I’ve never subscribed to the yardage aspect of grading a defense.  Its situational football.  I’m not saying the defense has played poorly, I’m saying that they need to be able to not let a qb run for a 20 yard td right off the bat. 

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well when you turn it over on our side of the field,  points tend to be scored at a higher rate.

We understand that but on the first play a designed run for a cooked qb untouched.   We can't get off the field on third and long to save our lives.   I don't understand Spags.  We suck....really suck at zone schemes.   Our LB's are terrible at it.  So on 3rd and long what do we do?  We rush 3 and a delayed rusher and put everyone in coverage and there is a hole the size of a baseball diamond in the middle of the field where Russ can toss a moon shot for 25 yards.    Why not blitz the dude?   He takes sacks like they are going out of style.   We just aren't a smart football team.