Go Bengals

35 minutes ago, mex said:

Hopefully he’s not implying the league (Goodell) would have forced them to play. Lots of people using this angle to demonize the league and victimize the players. Nobody knows at this point. 

It’s always a race towards a shit show.   One negative of the great digital age.  

1 hour ago, mex said:

That game had about a minute left... different situation altogether. 

Chuck Hughes.    

Not to diminish the gravity of his situation but he didn't die as a result of injury. Basically had a heart attack due to an undiagnosed condition.    

Damar Hamlin's situation appears to be from a freak coincidence. Apparently if it had happened milliseconds before or after it would not be so serious.    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-G9mziXL9w&t=60s

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I just read that he is intubated and in critical condition 

I pray they were able to get his heart restarted before further damage was done.  Praying he recovers.  What a somber moment and glad the game was postponed.

Great decision to postpone the game, anything else would be too stupid. Hopefully the news are fully accurate and he's in a stable condition on his way to complete recovery.

Let's see what they do with the game but wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle around some games next week as well to accommodate both teams.

My understanding is that a blow to your Chest can cause Ventricular Fibralation , which is basically what you see in sudden death (heart attack) .  Once they realized, he had no pulse, they started CPR, and put an  AED on him which will automatically give him electric shocks to start his heart.  They also probably intubated him immediatly , which is why they are saying he is not breathing on him own.  More than likely they will keep him in an induced coma until they are sure extubating him will not put him in jeopardy.  Lets just hope that he was not hypoxic (oxygen starved) long enough to cause brain injury as they did perform CPR on him for about 9 minutes.  According to wikipedia,  the survival rate of this type of injury is about 58%, but I believe it to be much higher in this instance as advanced life support was available right away. 

It is a horrible situation. But I am sorry that hurt did not look hard at all even after watching it a thousand times. It just seems odd that over the last 2 years or so alot of people yound and old have been having blood clots, heart failure etc. I think this is the 6th video I have seen of athletes or refs collapsing on the court or field during a game. I have heard literally alot more stories but I take those with a grain of salt.  I know personally 3 people that have died of heart failure 2 were under 40 and one was older with health problems. I think I know what is causing this but then again I may not it just seems weird. Anyway I hope this young man comes thru and continues on this journey we call life. It is also odd to me how everyone is like leave religion out of this etc etc but when something like this happens everyone is offering prayers. Anyway back to the regular sheduled broadcast.

5 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

It is a horrible situation. But I am sorry that hurt did not look hard at all even after watching it a thousand times. It just seems odd that over the last 2 years or so alot of people yound and old have been having blood clots, heart failure etc. I think this is the 6th video I have seen of athletes or refs collapsing on the court or field during a game. I have heard literally alot more stories but I take those with a grain of salt.  I know personally 3 people that have died of heart failure 2 were under 40 and one was older with health problems. I think I know what is causing this but then again I may not it just seems weird. Anyway I hope this young man comes thru and continues on this journey we call life. It is also odd to me how everyone is like leave religion out of this etc etc but when something like this happens everyone is offering prayers. Anyway back to the regular sheduled broadcast.

I was waiting to see who the first person was to bring this up.. figured it'd be Stubby or moons.  because I know where it'll head

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was waiting to see who the first person was to bring this up.. figured it'd be Stubby or moons.  because I know where it'll head

Its an honest question. It could be the stuff they put in food who knows but without asking questions you get no answers

41 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Its an honest question. It could be the stuff they put in food who knows but without asking questions you get no answers

It's an honest question but the various answers could morph into LR material.  It appears by all accounts it was a heart attack  and very likely brought on  but a impact to the chest..lets just leave the speculation  out of this.... for the threads sake ok?

Another possibility the NFL could entertain is canceling the Bills-Bengals game altogether. Playoff seeding could then be determined by winning percentage, with Buffalo and Cincinnati having played one less game than the 30 other teams. Florio says the NFL was prepared to take that approach in 2020, when there was a risk of games being canceled due to the pandemic.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

i have seen several different scenarios some more ludicrous than others the NFL with have to  figure it out very soon and until then any and al speculation is  waisted time.  Florio know as much as Srgnt Shultz at this moment in time

Based on your comments almost everything we discuss here, speculation, is a waste of time. Its all speculation. So I guess we should all just not comment on anything? 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Based on your comments almost everything we discuss here, speculation, is a waste of time. Its all speculation. So I guess we should all just not comment on anything? 

Educated Speculation is one thing .. this is not and Florio is a douchenozzle

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

As someone who also posts in the LR , I’d like to think you’d know by now that I’m not crossing political lines on this side   That said, I’m all honesty, vax status never crossed my mind, bc frankly I don’t care.  I didn’t get the shot, so whether it does or does not have side effects for the people that got it is of no interest to me, free will and all. 

im more concerned with how this plays out in the grand scheme of things   I haven’t run the numbers to see if for instance playoff seeding based on win percentage would benefit or hurt buffalo, but if so, it’s a shitty way to go about things.   It’s an unfortunate incident, but you can’t penalize the chiefs and ravens for something that happened that was completely unrelated to the outcome of the game and season.   This game isn’t two bottom feeders, it’s an important game, and if they just don’t play it and reward the bengals and bills, it just ain’t right.  

16 minutes ago, moons314 said:

As someone who also posts in the LR , I’d like to think you’d know by now that I’m not crossing political lines on this side   That said, I’m all honesty, vax status never crossed my mind, bc frankly I don’t care.  I didn’t get the shot, so whether it does or does not have side effects for the people that got it is of no interest to me, free will and all. 

im more concerned with how this plays out in the grand scheme of things   I haven’t run the numbers to see if for instance playoff seeding based on win percentage would benefit or hurt buffalo, but if so, it’s a shitty way to go about things.   It’s an unfortunate incident, but you can’t penalize the chiefs and ravens for something that happened that was completely unrelated to the outcome of the game and season.   This game isn’t two bottom feeders, it’s an important game, and if they just don’t play it and reward the bengals and bills, it just ain’t right.  

The Chiefs have the highest win percentage in the AFC.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

☺️

mine counts

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week. 

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots, but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

☺️

mine counts

The NFL announced on Tuesday afternoon that after discussion with both teams and the NFLPA, the game will not be resumed this week. It also said the Week 18 schedule will not be changed. That opens up the possibility of the game not being played at all, or the start of the playoffs being pushed back. The league said no decision has been made on the possible resumption of the game at a later date.