Go Bengals

29 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Brilliant. Yes one play changes the entire game. Losers always have that perspective. one play, a bad call and NFL Conspiracy. I guess this is what DONKEY FANS HAVE TO HANG ONTO. Enjoy it. 

Oh the irony...

I guess you must have forgotten the 20 years of the homers in this place blaming everyone and everything to the point of hilarity for every Chiefs loss..  :lol:

No conspiracy, just an official who made a laughable PI call when Denver was set to extend their lead on the road.

2 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Well, yeah - but to some extent that's their job description.  Medical personnel, too.  Maybe I overstated the "no other profession" part, but you get my drift.  This is a game.  A game.  Sure, lot's of dollars surrounding it on all sides, but a game nonethless.

People are going to take my comment wrong, but at this point it’s whatever.  Playing pickup basketball is a game, playing pro sports is a job and a business. I’m not being insensitive to the plight of a hospitalized man, I’m just saying that the whole “it’s just a game” isn’t right either.  If it’s just a game, then I’m sure all of these players would make millions of dollars without it?  Again, I’m speaking in general terms, it’s never “just xxxxxx” when it’s your livelihood.  If I had a heart attack at work, they’re not closing down for the week.  If a front end manager at Walmart falls over at work, the store isn’t closing for the rest of the week.  

12 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Oh the irony...

I guess you must have forgotten the 20 years of the homers in this place blaming everyone and everything to the point of hilarity for every Chiefs loss..  :lol:

No conspiracy, just an official who made a laughable PI call when Denver was set to extend their lead on the road.

ENJOY THE NEXT 10 YEARS SO of the Reality of NFL Football.

KC WINS  Thats 15 in a row! 

DONKEYS Losers

Or maybe its safer for you to dwell in the past. Whatever it takes for you to remain functional. LOL

OH and its not about homers in any place. Its about YOU in todays NFL world.

Its about you and the Donkeys in the near future. Enjoy.

26 minutes ago, moons314 said:

How are either a concert or an nfl game any different than an airline ticket?   I’m all 3 scenarios, you purchase a product. If said product isn’t delivered, full refunds should include tickets and parking. I’m not being combative, I’m genuinely curious how you differentiate one from the other. 

you answered Yes to AFCs ?? that included refunds in food, Airfare and  hotel fees you did not exclude those so by default you included them in your yes.  I have previously mentioned that the Seats  are probably easily enough refunded at non Ticket service prices item as should the parking with proof of purchase. Some slapnut paying $1K for 50yrd line tickets doesn't nor shouldn't get his $1K back 

15 minutes ago, moons314 said:

People are going to take my comment wrong, but at this point it’s whatever.  Playing pickup basketball is a game, playing pro sports is a job and a business. I’m not being insensitive to the plight of a hospitalized man, I’m just saying that the whole “it’s just a game” isn’t right either.  If it’s just a game, then I’m sure all of these players would make millions of dollars without it?  Again, I’m speaking in general terms, it’s never “just xxxxxx” when it’s your livelihood.  If I had a heart attack at work, they’re not closing down for the week.  If a front end manager at Walmart falls over at work, the store isn’t closing for the rest of the week.  

Devils advocate:  None of the jobs you mention require you to put your health and wellbeing on the line 70-plus times in a physical, sometimes violent manner, knowing that if you're not dialed in and 100% focused you could be seriously injured and, therefore, may lose your ability to earn a living going forward.  If I were injured and may lose my life as a result, they wouldn't shut my office down either, but they'd probably send home my peers and coworkers that watched me fight for my life lying on the ground.  Anyone that has lost someone - in front of them - via a tragic event can attest you're not in the correct head-space to do much of anything except try to process what just happened.  I know...

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

ENJOY THE NEXT 10 YEARS SO of the Reality of NFL Football.

KC WINS  Thats 15 in a row! 

DONKEYS Losers

Or maybe its safer for you to dwell in the past. Whatever it takes for you to remain functional. LOL

OH and its not about homers in any place. Its about YOU in todays NFL world.

Its about you and the Donkeys in the near future. Enjoy.

Good grief you take this shit too seriously kid...  :lol:

Al_Bundy_holding_a_Football-620x465.jpg&

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

100% agree

I would agree that  there was probably some sort of wait n see to see what the Twitterverse said with PR people scrambling to figure out what to do but I dont agree with the thought that the players wanted to play on. They where too emotional and overwhelmed with what they had seen after all it's not war it's a game. I could of very easily seen the players just refuse to play and I almost think that is what happened.

Agree OT, who wants to continue playing when your teammate/friend potentially died right in front of your face.  There is a difference in a blown knee, broken bone, concussion and doing CPR on the field in front of their faces for 9 minutes.   These guys probably thought he was dead or were at least terrified he might be.  Really is amazing there hasn't been more things like this happen in such a violent game.

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Military,Firemen, Police?.. 

Not to ever diminish the scary events that took place last night but it should at least make us appreciate those who are in the line of work that they cannot stop when a tragedy strikes.  It was a game and they should have stopped it and I'm glad they did.  Life is more important than a game, but those you list don't always have that luxury and I cannot imagine what that must be like.   

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

you answered Yes to AFCs ?? that included refunds in food, Airfare and  hotel fees you did not exclude those so by default you included them in your yes.  I have previously mentioned that the Seats  are probably easily enough refunded at non Ticket service prices item as should the parking with proof of purchase. Some slapnut paying $1K for 50yrd line tickets doesn't nor shouldn't get his $1K back 

I think we’re in agreement here.  I was referring to face value of services, parking and tickets.   I wouldn’t expect someone to be reimbursed for buying tickets beyond the priced value.  Say this happened at arrowhead and I had 4 tickets, just give back the value of the tickets and my $80 for parking.  

I do know places like StubHub insure anything you bought from them and if the game is cancelled they will refund your money.  Idk how sticky they’d be about a game they started and then stopped 

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

Devils advocate:  None of the jobs you mention require you to put your health and wellbeing on the line 70-plus times in a physical, sometimes violent manner, knowing that if you're not dialed in and 100% focused you could be seriously injured and, therefore, may lose your ability to earn a living going forward.  If I were injured and may lose my life as a result, they wouldn't shut my office down either, but they'd probably send home my peers and coworkers that watched me fight for my life lying on the ground.  Anyone that has lost someone - in front of them - via a tragic event can attest you're not in the correct head-space to do much of anything except try to process what just happened.  I know...

How many of those other jobs pay millions a year? Nobody forced them to play. They do it for the coin.

10 minutes ago, mex said:

How many of those other jobs pay millions a year? Nobody forced them to play. They do it for the coin.

Understood, but they're not super human with no emotion.  Money can't force a brain to forget what just happened to a teammate.  The psychology of loss/grief is a tricky mine-field to traverse - especially when fresh.  What would happen if the game restarts and Bills players start dropping like flies to serious injury?  How would the Twitterverse react to that?  The right move was not putting the players health and well being in jeopardy for the sake of a game, no matter how many millions of dollars they're paid.  

I understand both sides of the argument - my belief is that the correct call was made, but that doesn't make it so.  

Still not much update. I heard that he started that charity for the kids before he even entered the NFL. The goal was only $2500 and as of now it's up to 5 million dollars. Amazing what people can do under certain circumstances.

21 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Understood, but they're not super human with no emotion.  Money can't force a brain to forget what just happened to a teammate.  The psychology of loss/grief is a tricky mine-field to traverse - especially when fresh. 

I totally agree... not saying they should have played. 

Just responding to the previous comment comparing NFL players to people with regular jobs who die on duty. It’s not the best comparison.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

That's what I told my mother last night. I work in a hospital so none of this would be out of the ordinary at my place of employment.

But my wife is a school portrait photographer. If one of her coworkers had a seizure and went into a coma, they aren't gonna cancel the next job. People pay for yearbooks and photo packages. 

It was a traumatic thing to watch. And I hope like hell we get a positive update soon. Followed by many more. But this is their job. And they should still be expected to do it. 

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That's what I told my mother last night. I work in a hospital so none of this would be out of the ordinary at my place of employment.

But my wife is a school portrait photographer. If one of her coworkers had a seizure and went into a coma, they aren't gonna cancel the next job. People pay for yearbooks and photo packages. 

It was a traumatic thing to watch. And I hope like hell we get a positive update soon. Followed by many more. But this is their job. And they should still be expected to do it. 

so giving them the rest of the night off was uncalled for? They will be playing next week soooo?

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

playing pro sports is a job and a business.

I owned a business. If someone were to drop on the floor and had to be resuscitated and almost die in front of their co-workers, I'd give them the day off.  Did you see the condition of his teammates and even the Bengals? 

15 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I owned a business. If someone were to drop on the floor and had to be resuscitated and almost die in front of their co-workers, I'd give them the day off.  Did you see the condition of his teammates and even the Bengals? 

It’s about scale.  If giving your employees the night off could potentially cost you millions, I’m sure you’d feel differently 

36 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

so giving them the rest of the night off was uncalled for? They will be playing next week soooo?

They’ll be playing next week, but they bowed out of the part of their job that actually pays their salaries.  What if the owners decided no game, no game check?  

53 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The world stops for no man.  I feel like 20 years ago this wouldn’t be considered a controversial stance.  The internet has made everyone hypersensitive. 

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

It’s about scale.  If giving your employees the night off could potentially cost you millions, I’m sure you’d feel differently 

If I was a billionaire and one of my employees died on the job, I like to think I would give everyone the night off. 

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yes it is about scale. They have millions more to lose. So one night out of my pocket vs one night out of their pocket would scale. 

24 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The world stops for no man.

"Look Sally I know it wasn't easy to see Eugene accidentally cut his arm off. And thanks Larry for picking up the appendage and taking it to the ambulance. Marge, thanks for mopping up the blood and stuff. Louise, I know he's your son and that may have been difficult to see but remember, the world stops for no man. And besides there's only 5 hours left on your shift. Oh and if anyone wants to work overtime for the time we lost from this little incident, you're welcome to. In fact, I encourage it. 

23 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

If I was a billionaire and one of my employees died on the job, I like to think I would give everyone the night off. 

And pay back 70,000 tickets ?  Billionaires don’t become billionaires because they are in the habit of giving away money. 

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

"Look Sally I know it wasn't easy to see Eugene accidentally cut his arm off. And thanks Larry for picking up the appendage and taking it to the ambulance. Marge, thanks for mopping up the blood and stuff. Louise, I know he's your son and that may have been difficult to see but remember, the world stops for no man. And besides there's only 5 hours left on your shift. Oh and if anyone wants to work overtime for the time we lost from this little incident, you're welcome to. In fact, I encourage it. 

What an asinine comparison.