Go Bengals

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

They’ll be playing next week, but they bowed out of the part of their job that actually pays their salaries.  What if the owners decided no game, no game check?  

Dude  - we all love football. We all love the Chiefs (except Stubby). I don’t know much, but if I’m a betting man, I’d say nobody on the Bills would have cared if the owner of the Bills had said they’d be docked a game check if they didn’t go out and play after watching one of their buddies almost die - or die (I pray not) in front of them. It’s easy for us to be armchair analysts after the fact, but I think the consensus of all the talking heads, the teams, the NFLPA, the NFL and pretty much every discussion I’ve heard or read since are in agreement that those teams could not go back on the field and compete after this incident. 

For what it’s worth, I’ve been to hundreds of games at Arrowhead, and I’m not sure I’d be in the mood to even watch a game after what happened last night. I was at the Cinci - Chiefs game when Trent Green got knocked TF out and that was scary and a mood killer for the stadium. Absolutely no comparison because Trent wasn’t basically dead for nine minutes on the turf. Which is kind of my point. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

so giving them the rest of the night off was uncalled for? They will be playing next week soooo?

No, I don't think it was necessarily the wrong thing to do. But I do think that they should have played the game tomorrow. That would give them 4 days rest for week 18 games, which is no different than playing on Sunday and then Thursday.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

"Look Sally I know it wasn't easy to see Eugene accidentally cut his arm off. And thanks Larry for picking up the appendage and taking it to the ambulance. Marge, thanks for mopping up the blood and stuff. Louise, I know he's your son and that may have been difficult to see but remember, the world stops for no man. And besides there's only 5 hours left on your shift. Oh and if anyone wants to work overtime for the time we lost from this little incident, you're welcome to. In fact, I encourage it. 

This isnt exactly apples to apples. If Eugene had a job where he and Marge put on padding and ran full speed at eachother repeatedly, would Sally still be standing there shocked when one of them got injured?

You wouldn't join the military then be shocked if you got deployed would you? This is what they sign up for. They know the risks. We all hated watching what happened. But you can't be surprised by it. 

These men have gifts not many people are blessed with. And they make money that most people will never come close to earning. To play a game we all grew up playing as kids for fun. But none of them are comfortable in old age. They limp, they are arthritic, they have repeated surgeries, uncontrollable headaches, dementia. This is the trade off. And they know it. 

Watching the game last night might change a parents mind about letting a kid play football. But would it stop you? If you could live that life. If you could play pro ball. Wouldn't you take the risk? I would.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

put on padding and ran full speed at eachother repeatedly

This has been going on in the NFL since 1920. Concussions, Joe Thesimann type injuries even paralysis and the game went on. But this was a guy who basically died on the field and had to be resuscitated. In front of teammates, friends and his Mom. The players were a mess afterward. So yes, if a first responder were pounding on Eugene's chest and shocking him back to life while Marge and her coworkers watched, I'd give them the night off. People are people regardless of how much they make or make for the owners. 

30 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

This has been going on in the NFL since 1920. Concussions, Joe Thesimann type injuries even paralysis and the game went on. But this was a guy who basically died on the field and had to be resuscitated. In front of teammates, friends and his Mom. The players were a mess afterward. So yes, if a first responder were pounding on Eugene's chest and shocking him back to life while Marge and her coworkers watched, I'd give them the night off. People are people regardless of how much they make or make for the owners. 

I dont disagree with giving then the night off. I said the game needs to be played. I didn't say it needed to be resumed last night. 

53 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This isnt exactly apples to apples. If Eugene had a job where he and Marge put on padding and ran full speed at eachother repeatedly, would Sally still be standing there shocked when one of them got injured?

You wouldn't join the military then be shocked if you got deployed would you? This is what they sign up for. They know the risks. We all hated watching what happened. But you can't be surprised by it. 

These men have gifts not many people are blessed with. And they make money that most people will never come close to earning. To play a game we all grew up playing as kids for fun. But none of them are comfortable in old age. They limp, they are arthritic, they have repeated surgeries, uncontrollable headaches, dementia. This is the trade off. And they know it. 

Watching the game last night might change a parents mind about letting a kid play football. But would it stop you? If you could live that life. If you could play pro ball. Wouldn't you take the risk? I would.

Without a doubt I’d take the risk.  No hesitation. 

10 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Very well said sir.

On 1/3/2023 at 1:59 PM, BroncoStud said:

Oh the irony...

I guess you must have forgotten the 20 years of the homers in this place blaming everyone and everything to the point of hilarity for every Chiefs loss..  :lol:

No conspiracy, just an official who made a laughable PI call when Denver was set to extend their lead on the road.

So you're upset that SEA is getting a higher draft pick?  The Chiefs have two instances of bizarre ref calls that cost them games this season.  The officiating has been poor all year.  Welcome to the club.