NFL Seeding Issue. May go by Winning Percentage

If I am reading this correctly, the ONLY way the Chiefs host AFCG is if we win, and Buffalo loses this week.  Cin results really do not come in to play unless we both Lose and Cincy wins?  I also do not see who gets the bye!

1) The AFC Championship Game will be played at a neutral site if:

• Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both win or tie in Week 18 + both teams advance to the AFC title game.
  • Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) also loses or ties in Week 18 + Buffalo and Kansas City advance to the AFC title game.
  • Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) wins + the AFC title game is either Bills-Chiefs or Bengals-Chiefs

17 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

If I am reading this correctly, the ONLY way the Chiefs host AFCG is if we win, and Buffalo loses this week.  Cin results really do not come in to play unless we both Lose and Cincy wins?  I also do not see who gets the bye!

• Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both win or tie in Week 18 + both teams advance to the AFC title game.
  • Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) also loses or ties in Week 18 + Buffalo and Kansas City advance to the AFC title game.
  • Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) wins + the AFC title game is either Bills-Chiefs or Bengals-Chiefs

so if Buffalo loses and chiefs win, all of this subjective bullshit is void?

The NFL has not explained to the media or the general public why the rule on the books was insufficient. The NFL could have previously crafted a rule that would have given the Commissioner the power to make decisions regarding playoff seeding and game location, but it didn’t

we will not get an explanation, they obviously think that they are smarter than most if not all of the general public

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Out of curiosity, would Jackson county have a case here?  The taxpayers paid the stadium bill, and a unilateral move by the league mid season could cost the county a good amount of revenue.  What is the tax bill from ticket sales alone?  Fans from surrounding states coming in and stopping at gas stations, restaurants, hotels. I’m no lawyer but there does seem to be some sort of liability, because of the taxpayer investment, right?

Dunno but i would think they might be able to  saying if the NFL had followed its own rules we would have gotten this amount of money cause now another city is going to reap those benefits all because the NFL didn't want to follow their own rules.  

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

correct. 

I wonder if the owners are quietly hoping that happens so it all goes away.  Owners abstaining from the vote was very telling imo.  

Hopefully BB can do the league a favor and eliminate this story for the playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Out of curiosity, would Jackson county have a case here?  The taxpayers paid the stadium bill, and a unilateral move by the league mid season could cost the county a good amount of revenue.  What is the tax bill from ticket sales alone?  Fans from surrounding states coming in and stopping at gas stations, restaurants, hotels. I’m no lawyer but there does seem to be some sort of liability, because of the taxpayer investment, right?

I kinda doubt they have a case.  There is no contract between the NFL and Jackson County.  If bikers decide not to go to Sturgis, I wouldn't think Sturgis has a cause of action against them even though it's unilateral.  Private businesses are free to travel or not travel to a city as they see fit I think.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I kinda doubt they have a case.  There is no contract between the NFL and Jackson County.  If bikers decide not to go to Sturgis, I wouldn't think Sturgis has a cause of action against them even though it's unilateral.  Private businesses are free to travel or not travel to a city as they see fit I think.  

Lots of potential cases. Thats not the best question. Can they win a case? I think we are going to see lots of law suits. NFL will settle vs going to trial. 

Dont be surprised if politicians get ramped up about this too.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Lots of potential cases. Thats not the best question. Can they win a case? I think we are going to see lots of law suits. NFL will settle vs going to trial. 

Dont be surprised if politicians get ramped up about this too.

I doubt it.  But who knows. 

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Or, if both teams make the playoffs, but both cincy and buff lose, then the AFCCG is back in KC.

It's only at a neutral field if KC plays cincy or buff.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

And fuck the rules in place. Make it up as you go commissioner.... 

At this point I'm with OT... fuck it let's just beat LV and play.

If the weather is crappy in KC, I'd rather Mahomes play in a neutral dome anyways.

As good as any solution I suppose. Everyone gets screwed a little. 

Chiefs would have had the bye and home field because I think Cini beats Buff. Plus they would both likely be less health in the playoffs with such a tough game eliminated.

Cini had a shot at the 1 seed and now may not win there division. 

Buff had the bye and home field in there hands to lose.

I will say, I will take the bye over home field any day of the week.

I don't understand why they said in that article if both Balt and Cini have the same number of wins, Cini gets the division.

41 minutes ago, DieHard said:

As good as any solution I suppose. Everyone gets screwed a little. 

Chiefs would have had the bye and home field because I think Cini beats Buff. Plus they would both likely be less health in the playoffs with such a tough game eliminated.

Cini had a shot at the 1 seed and now may not win there division. 

Buff had the bye and home field in there hands to lose.

I will say, I will take the bye over home field any day of the week.

I don't understand why they said in that article if both Balt and Cini have the same number of wins, Cini gets the division.

.give me a bye with  the possibility of playing in a dome..yes please.  Not that'd ever pay but if I where to I'd pay to see the Chiefs in a dome before paying to  see them  in lord knows what. Arrowhead Home Field aint what it used to be or never really was in the playoffs.

Just now, oldtimer said:

.give me a bye with  the possibility of playing in a dome..yes please.  Not that'd ever pay but if I where to I'd pay to see the Chiefs in a dome before paying to  see them  in lord knows what. Arrowhead Home Field aint what it used to be or never really was in the playoffs.

I wonder how they will handle season tickets at a neutral site.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I wonder how they will handle season tickets at a neutral site.  

just a guess but  I'd think they'd get first dibs once the location is settled which makes me wonder what the latest date that can be decided? Would it be by seniority?. I mean if you had 50 yrd line Gold Level Seats are you going to get the opportunity for  equivalent? a Chiefs side of the stadium vs Opponents? 

Do the Chiefs still have travel packages for away games? they used to years ago.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Is there a direct tax in sturgis that supports infrastructure that’s strictly for the rally?  I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just not sure that’s an equal comparison. The county might not have a contract with the nfl but they do have one with the chiefs , who make up the nfl.  I’m always for private business doing whatever, but when they take money from taxpayers, they’re no long completely private. That’s the problem with public private partnerships. 

Why doesn't NFL have playoff scenario putting potential Bills-Bengals rematch at neutral site?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/why-doesn-t-nfl-have-playoff-scenario-putting-potential-bills-bengals-rematch-at-neutral-site/ar-AA163lBG?cvid=67872afee3154a098ed173cf5e1978f0

Second, even though the Bengals were declared AFC North champions since they currently retain a 1½-game lead on the Baltimore Ravens, if the Ravens complete a season sweep of Cincinnati on Sunday, then the site of a potential wild-card rematch between the teams would be determined by a coin flip.

Just now, moons314 said:

Is there a direct tax in sturgis that supports infrastructure that’s strictly for the rally?  I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just not sure that’s an equal comparison. The county might not have a contract with the nfl but they do have one with the chiefs , who make up the nfl.  I’m always for private business doing whatever, but when they take money from taxpayers, they’re no long completely private. That’s the problem with public private partnerships. 

None of us are attorneys.  But I seriously doubt that Jackson County has a cause of action against the NFL for how it handles it's playoff system.   The Chiefs pay a fixed annual payment and agree to have their home games there and pay for repairs to the stadium.  I don't think there's any obligation to guarantee anything more than that.  

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Atlanta or new Orleans probably.   NFC teams so no allegiance towards either side. Both places have hosted big events so the city can handle a big influx of people and both have been SB city's.  Indy is out aa Lucas oil is being used that weekend

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Atlanta or new Orleans probably.   NFC teams so no allegiance towards either side. Both places have hosted big events so the city can handle a big influx of people and both have been SB city's.  Indy is out aa Lucas oil is being used that weekend

Be interesting to see if one of the cities potentially cheated from hosting files am immediate lawsuit. Get a court order to stop this prior to the game. Huge amount of lost revenue that is just given to another city.