Bienemy Market Cold

21 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Haven't seen any mention of teams wanting to talk to Eric.

Lots of interest for the new flavors of the month. Coordinators from Philly, Detroit, Denver, 49ers.

No doubt. I want him to get a job. We need to streamline the voices Pat has to talk to. 😀

25 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Haven't seen any mention of teams wanting to talk to Eric.

Lots of interest for the new flavors of the month. Coordinators from Philly, Detroit, Denver, 49ers.

I think the word is out from the past and he has not interviewed well. Maybe teams dont want KC to get extra picks.

31 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the word is out from the past and he has not interviewed well. Maybe teams dont want KC to get extra picks.

I've wondered about that, too. With as good as KC has been drafting, do you really want to give Veech 2 more 3rd rounders?

Arizona Cardinals next coach odds favor Byron Leftwich, Eric Bieniemy, Sean Payton

BetArizona.com puts Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich as the favorite to land the Cardinals' head coaching job in its odds, which were released Monday afternoon.

Leftwich previously served as a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator in Arizona, but was fired in 2018.

He is given +350 odds to be the Cardinals' next head coach, or a 22% probability.

The odds seem to favor offensive-minded coaches replacing Kingsbury in Arizona, with Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy second at +400 (20%).

28 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Do we still get picks if his contract is up?  

It’s not like KC will have to release him from his contract if he gets a head coaching job. He’s a free agent.

???

I'd say no, not that it should matter to the hiring team in regards to the draft pick. He signed it last year on Feb 24 so if he gets a HC job before then we gold but to me either way as long as he's gone 

Whether he gets a gig as a HC or not, he needs to go.  This isn't a slight or criticism of him, I just think that the best situation for him is a change of scenery, whether its as a HC or OC or assistant at the pro or college level.  I think he's learned all he can from Andy and to be honest, we need to grab some young, imaginative coach to take his place that will mesh well with Andy and be more beneficial.  Potential replacement for Andy too in the future... 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

after season his contract is up ..AGAIN..when will Andy pull his teet away and wish him good luck in your future endeavors? Never.  Someone will pull Nagy as an OC before EB leaves. I'm to the point I just want him gone and screw those Draft Picks

Andy is in a tough spot.    If we let him walk then it in essence confirms the negative rumors about him.  To be honest we already lost a real gem in Mike Kafka who after one year of making Daniel Jones look relevant is getting job interviews.  I for one can't imagine him doing a worse job than Hackett did or a number of other horrid coaches.  Who knows what is really going on.   He could have been picky when his stock was high and passed up a chance and then missed out, or his attitude and personality could rub egotistical owners wrong, he might be a bad interview, or some other lame excuse.   I am selfish in this regard and want him to get a HC job because I want our team to have more picks.

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

Whether he gets a gig as a HC or not, he needs to go.  This isn't a slight or criticism of him, I just think that the best situation for him is a change of scenery, whether its as a HC or OC or assistant at the pro or college level.  I think he's learned all he can from Andy and to be honest, we need to grab some young, imaginative coach to take his place that will mesh well with Andy and be more beneficial.  Potential replacement for Andy too in the future... 

Agree with everything except EBs replacement and potentially Reids is already with the team in Nagy.  

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We will see, but that is the worst gig in the league. 

I'm thinking the Cards are not far behind..I think the ownership is worse than the Broncos but  weather and draft picks are certainly a plus. QB is a draw

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm thinking the Cards are not far behind..I think the ownership is worse than the Broncos but  weather and draft picks are certainly a plus. QB is a draw

Broncos new ownership has yet to be tested. My guess is they will be very good. Money talks and they have unlimited resources. Lots of people love the Denver area and it has a top regional airport. So players, coaches , management and their families will see the Denver Area as a positive. Wilson is not as bad as he has looked. Heck SF is in the playoffs with MR Irrelevant as their QB. Hard to believe the last guy drafted is now setting records as an NFL QB on a playoff team. I think Wilson will return to above average, Denver comes back as a potential wild card next season and builds from there. I expect they will hire a top head coach and then fire their GM so that coach can have a say in who is hired.