Bienemy Market Cold

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'm thinking the Cards are not far behind..I think the ownership is worse than the Broncos but  weather and draft picks are certainly a plus. QB is a draw

Man they both through some serious money and pretty average QBs. I do like that Murray is 25 where Wilson is 34. 

Arizona picks at #3, #35 and #67 in the top 100. With $2.5 million in cap space.

Denver is #29, #68 and #69 in the top 100.  With $13 million in cap space.

A couple of dream jobs there.

2 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Now that AZ is open, I don't see Payton going to Denver. AZ is one of his preferred choices, but will they be willing trade a #1 for him

With that crazy ass owner and Murray having a say, I wouldn't put it past them. Might sell tickets. Not much to work with if Hopkins leaves.

wouldn't this be something? Good Grief ! and you know he'd take Nagy as his OC

Chiefs Wire

Texans, Panthers interested in former Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka for head coach vacancies

It seems that former Kansas City Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka could become a hot name in this year’s head-coaching carousel.

Kafka took the job as offensive coordinator with the New York Giants in 2022 under Brian Daboll. A former quarterback under Andy Reid in Philadelphia, Kafka spent five seasons as a member of the Chiefs’ coaching staff, beginning as an offensive quality control coach in 2017. He worked his way up to quarterback coach in Kansas City before leaving to join the Giants in 2022.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, both the Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers have submitted interview requests for Kafka to fill their head coach vacancies.

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

wouldn't this be something? Good Grief ! and you know he'd take Nagy as his OC

Chiefs Wire

Texans, Panthers interested in former Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka for head coach vacancies

It seems that former Kansas City Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka could become a hot name in this year’s head-coaching carousel.

Kafka took the job as offensive coordinator with the New York Giants in 2022 under Brian Daboll. A former quarterback under Andy Reid in Philadelphia, Kafka spent five seasons as a member of the Chiefs’ coaching staff, beginning as an offensive quality control coach in 2017. He worked his way up to quarterback coach in Kansas City before leaving to join the Giants in 2022.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, both the Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers have submitted interview requests for Kafka to fill their head coach vacancies.

Nagy and Kafka have only worked together for 1 year, Nagy's last as our OC and Kafka was quality control.  I wouldn't be so sure about that part.  Never crossed paths as players either, though that wasn't hard as Nagy barely sniffed the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Nagy and Kafka have only worked together for 1 year, Nagy's last as our OC and Kafka was quality control.  I wouldn't be so sure about that part.  Never crossed paths as players either, though that wasn't hard as Nagy barely sniffed the NFL. 

it wont matter they are both part of the Andy tree and the price  the team will pay for keeping EB around 

27 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Outside of the picks, it’s not bad. The new ownership is gonna give him the keys to the kingdom. They gave a great defense, and plenty of weapons. I disagree.

Whether its Harbaugh or Payton or somebody else it may come down to how they feel about Wilson cause they are stuck with a QB they didn't pick and they are going to have to win in a division that has Mahomes and Herbert in it.  

52 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Whether its Harbaugh or Payton or somebody else it may come down to how they feel about Wilson cause they are stuck with a QB they didn't pick and they are going to have to win in a division that has Mahomes and Herbert in it.  

So how many current NFL Qbs match up with PM and Herbert? Not many. Then you have SF starting Mr Irrelevant and winning. Some are picking SF to win the SB with the last guy drafted. A great coach can win with Wilson and all those weapons. I dont see the QB situation as a big negative in Denver. Great Job Great City Nice Climate and in the center of the country so you are not making those coast to coast road trips. Hackett was a complete joke.

Then there is the unlimited money that the new ownership brings. Thats all around better coaches, facilities, trainers etc. 

Finally: Denver can pay 20 million per year or more for a coach. Money talks. The just ate millions firing Hackett.  So they hire a coach for a huge guaranteed contract and it does not work out? They eat that money too and dont blink.

3 hours ago, xen said:

I couldn't remember them working together much before but maybe since they are Andy's guys the fish in the same pond.  Who knows.  I hate losing Kafka last year and the only reason we did was because EB didn't get a job.   At some point the marriage has to end, because I felt like the Chiefs were handcuffed into resigning him from a PR standpoint.   Kinda feel like we are in for the same rodeo this offseason.  Lots of talk but no real traction for him to get a job and Andy will have to make a decision again.  

If he doesn't get a job this year, and EB truly wants to be the lead man then he needs to go elsewhere and prove it.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Outside of the picks, it’s not bad. The new ownership is gonna give him the keys to the kingdom. They gave a great defense, and plenty of weapons. I disagree.

Agree that the D is good, but the offense is in shambles. He has a 34 yo QB that has been terrible. And you can’t cut him and he will soon be over 50 mill per year. As far as weapons, Jeudy and Sutton are ok. They both miss games. At RB, Murray is trash. Oline not very good. 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I couldn't remember them working together much before but maybe since they are Andy's guys the fish in the same pond.  Who knows.  I hate losing Kafka last year and the only reason we did was because EB didn't get a job.   At some point the marriage has to end, because I felt like the Chiefs were handcuffed into resigning him from a PR standpoint.   Kinda feel like we are in for the same rodeo this offseason.  Lots of talk but no real traction for him to get a job and Andy will have to make a decision again.  

If he doesn't get a job this year, and EB truly wants to be the lead man then he needs to go elsewhere and prove it.

From a PR standpoint the longer this goes on the more difficult it will be to release him. With that being said, can’t do it now either. 
I agree, he needs to go. If we release him I’m not sure if we are eligible for compensatory picks but that shouldn’t deter his release. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

From a PR standpoint the longer this goes on the more difficult it will be to release him. With that being said, can’t do it now either. 
I agree, he needs to go. If we release him I’m not sure if we are eligible for compensatory picks but that shouldn’t deter his release. 

just let it leak that his contract will not be renewed.. teams can talk to his agent and as I said before as soon as the chiefs lose or Feb 13 which ever comes first the agent can be spoken to .. I think or on Feb 24 just dont renew his contract

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Agree that the D is good, but the offense is in shambles. He has a 34 yo QB that has been terrible. And you can’t cut him and he will soon be over 50 mill per year. As far as weapons, Jeudy and Sutton are ok. They both miss games. At RB, Murray is trash. Oline not very good. 

Williams will come back strong. Harbaugh is a trenched guy. Running game first. Limit turnovers old school style. It’s a fit. We’ll have to see but I’m betting on it.